The place for anything at all...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

good things about humanity

Post by Lukas »

i notice we have a tendence to post negative things on us, so im starting this topic so we can all remember were not completly useless since were all human!(unless your beliefs say your arnt but tahts not the point)
one reason humans are good is we eventlly fix are mistakes and increases them to be better then ever eventully
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

We invented computers.....most are good, mine's horrible :(
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

you make awesome weapons........ands explosives... :D
Border Walker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Cyborg WolvenFox

Post by Border Walker »

Humanity is begining to learn about the greif it has caused for the enviroment and is now working to pprotect it from themselves.
Current Theme Song: Have A Nice Day ~ Bon Jovi
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

We can play guitar and make absolutely amazing music (In a different way to birds singing etc).

I'd never be able to live without that.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

This managed to knock my faith in humanity/opinion of it up a few notches. :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Actually, humans paradoxically could be the best chance of the Earth's biosphere perpetuating itself. Maybe right now we're a mess, even the cause of a mass extinction. But, we're also smart enough to catalogue and archive DNA, and we're actively trying to fix our own messes now as they happen, conserving and restoring past damage and damage in progress.

In the future, we can transplant life from Earth to other worlds, populating first nearby places like a terraformed Mars. Millions of years from now, we could seed other worlds beyond the solar system, making the descendants of humanity in essence the gametes of Earth's biosphere. A half a billion years from now, when Earth is no longer inhabitable due to the heat of the expanding sun, perhaps our descendents will have spread Earth's DNA to thousands of other worlds. Or, perhaps we will be able to move the Earth or refuel the sun's hydrogen, pushing back its expansion and maintaining Earth's viability. This sounds far-fetched today, when people still die of old age and genetic engineering is a sin against God, but I'm an optimist and a long-term thinker.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

They manage make things that look like this without even trying:

(It's a bit blurry because I was in a plane flying over Dallas when I took that.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Aki wrote:This managed to knock my faith in humanity/opinion of it up a few notches. :D
This really gave me tears, what a beautiful thing. When I graduated from high school, I remember two of my good friends, two really bright and friendly guys, wore shirts with 'Free Hugs' and yellow smiley faces. I got hugged twice that day :lol: It was really inspiring. It's also showing that a lot of strangers don't stop to help others. I always do. A long time ago, I think in highschool also, I saw a kid fall off his bike. Everyone stared at me like I was weird when I helped him up and got him to school.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Aki wrote:This managed to knock my faith in humanity/opinion of it up a few notches. :D

That's Awesome!

My friends at work think I'm a little strange for being so willing to give Anyone a hug who asks for it, or looks like they need it.

It's statements like that which make me think that it's good to be a little wierd.

Humanity is great though...

...just think of all of the greatest, most beautiful music, the most emotional stories, and the most inspiring visual art you have ever seen. None of that would have ever existed if not for the Human Race.

Yeah...Homo Sapiens aren't so bad after all. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Meh, it's a nice idea, and if he's making people happy with what he's doing then more power to him, but personally I can't stand physical contact from anyone but my closest friends. Even then I need at least a little warning.
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

That video showed a really beautiful thing. Yep, maybe humankind ain't that bad. Even if we're solving mostly the problems that wouldn't have existed without us.

But all the art, in form of music, visual art and wonderful stories... they make life worth living.

...I got to find a "free hugs"-T-shirt. :)
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

What humanity needs to learn and improv on is tolerance, there will always be hostility, but mabey if we can bury our inflated egos we could all just apologize and love eachother.
The capacity to learn and love is one thing about humanity
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Music, Art and Cooked Food are all wonderful human inventions! :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Hmmmm
I know!
Chocolate and Klondike Bars lck :lol:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

MoonKit wrote:Music, Art and Cooked Food are all wonderful human inventions! :D
:P who needs cooked food?
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

PariahPoet wrote:
MoonKit wrote:Music, Art and Cooked Food are all wonderful human inventions! :D
:P who needs cooked food?
Nobody! But it sure does taste good. I need my mushroom porkchops! :D
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

Well. look at it in the yin/yan sense. everything good has some bad in it while everything bad always has some good in it
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Movies, art, animation, music, books, TV, the internet, chocolate, and other lovely foods and drinks lck hehe

And of course...ME!!!!
:wink: :lol:
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Scott Gardener wrote:Actually, humans paradoxically could be the best chance of the Earth's biosphere perpetuating itself. Maybe right now we're a mess, even the cause of a mass extinction. But, we're also smart enough to catalogue and archive DNA, and we're actively trying to fix our own messes now as they happen, conserving and restoring past damage and damage in progress.

In the future, we can transplant life from Earth to other worlds, populating first nearby places like a terraformed Mars. Millions of years from now, we could seed other worlds beyond the solar system, making the descendants of humanity in essence the gametes of Earth's biosphere. A half a billion years from now, when Earth is no longer inhabitable due to the heat of the expanding sun, perhaps our descendents will have spread Earth's DNA to thousands of other worlds. Or, perhaps we will be able to move the Earth or refuel the sun's hydrogen, pushing back its expansion and maintaining Earth's viability. This sounds far-fetched today, when people still die of old age and genetic engineering is a sin against God, but I'm an optimist and a long-term thinker.
Or, in the other hand, we and the whole biosphere of Earth may be dead in couple of decades. (Except for couple of species of bacteria deep in the oceans.)

All in all, odds are against humans and life. But, then again, so they have always been.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Hearth wrote:Or, in the other hand, we and the whole biosphere of Earth may be dead in couple of decades. (Except for couple of species of bacteria deep in the oceans.)

All in all, odds are against humans and life. But, then again, so they have always been.
Hey, hey hey... None of that.

This thread is for nothing but GOOD things about humanity.

There will be NO pessamism and negativity within THIS thread.

*Rolls up Newspaper and whaps Hearth on the noggin*
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

woohoo! i think i just made the best topic for this week :D
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

One nice thing about humanity: My lovely mate. Because when he saw someone crying in the park he wanted to go help and see if they were OK. Whereas I shrugged it off, not caring. It was their own problem. Perhaps the majority of humans are too cold and need to be more friendly and warm, even to strangers. :)
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

this world would be a much better place because of it... :D
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Vuldari wrote:
Hearth wrote:Or, in the other hand, we and the whole biosphere of Earth may be dead in couple of decades. (Except for couple of species of bacteria deep in the oceans.)

Hey, hey hey... None of that.

This thread is for nothing but GOOD things about humanity.

There will be NO pessamism and negativity within THIS thread.

*Rolls up Newspaper and whaps Hearth on the noggin*
I call it fatalism. :P

Let's just say, then... Humans are inventive.