not shifting,a complete change

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Sevena

not shifting,a complete change

Post by Sevena »

first let me say that this idea may not be new,it is possible its buried some where in the 4 years of threads this site is holding,and i have yet to complete my reading of all of them.second this a not a paper in which i am turning in for a grade of any sort so please try not to insult me concerning any mis spelling or gramar mihaps.this idea is new for me so i thought i would share it.so ill get to it.
i was thinking last week about being a werewolf and this thought came to mind.what if as a werewolf you did not shift in and out of werewolf form but the change became a permanent part of you.certain parts of your bone structure sort of restructured themselves.an example,your foot.lets say that you form a ball joint in the middle of your foot between your toes and your ankle,allowing the front portion of your foot to bend up so that your toes could touch the middle of your foot,and your ankle became more of a hindge so your entire foot could bend up and touch the bottom of you leg/shin.this would allow the entire lower leg to touch the ground while your foot lay flat to the ground as well.the same sort of change would also be in the fore arm section.this kind of change would allow a human to stand on all fours,run on all fours like a canine would.there would be other changes as well.of course your canine teeth would be more prominent,and nostril structure would also change.im not thinking that you would develop a snout so to say but the bridge of your nose would widen to a shape more canine,with out your whole face shifting outward like a dogs.now for the ears i think that they would not get any bigger but maybe the lobe of your ear would face forward allowing more acute hearing.muscle structure in that area would also change allowing better movement of your ears.(some people can already move their ears at will,i can)but with this change would be able to move them forward and back ,up and down.for hair growth im thinking that there would be new growth in areas where the body looses heat the most,just a couple of those areas would be the head and chest.now remember these changes are for good.you keep your human form but carry these new changes.the idea is not compete,but i thought id share it anyway.what do you think.of course this would make it almost imposable for you to venture out into normal society.if this was what a werewolf really was ,would you want to be a werewolf? :)
Ansuru
Legendary
Legendary

Re: not shifting,a complete change

Post by Ansuru »

You seem to have a misconception about the number of joints in a canine (or any digitigrade) leg. There is no extra joint. Nor, to slam another misconception, do their knees "bend backwards."

In a digitigrade stance, one walks on the balls of one's feet. What you are thinking of as "lower leg" is, in fact, more analogous to the human foot. The "backward knee" is, in fact, the heel.

Your suggestion seems to create some kind of creepy critter out of a Dead Space alpha build :D

Now, if I had to look permanently like this, for example: http://goldenwolf.deviantart.com/art/Yin-Yang-97343256

Yeah, I'd scare small children and be targetted by hate groups. But I could handle that...:D Especially if I got the girl in the deal, too...
The wind whipping past my face...
The underbrush combing through my fur...
The earth flying beneath my paws...
Am I alive?
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

i have no misconception, i did not say that the structure would be that of a wolfs, i merely suggested that it would resemble a wolfs stance.an integration of both postures.yes, it would be scary and as you stated would be dealable if you had the love of another in the end.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I think the area that is referred to in a wolf (or other digitigrade being) is called the "hock", and is comprised of essentially what would be the arch and instep in a plantigrade creature (like humans).
The sad thing is that the structures involved would actually work better if we were digitigrade; but some ape three million years back messed the thing up and we inherited it.
Just take a look at the Dr. Scholl's display in any market or pharmacy and you'll see what I mean.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...