Gestalt-Form Breasts: Should Females Have Them or Not (Poll)

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

What do you think females werewolves should have on their chests when in gestalt form?

No breasts at all. Their chests should look like those of males, except maybe less broad.
11%
Very small, non-bouncy breasts like those of a female gymnast, completely covered in fur.
25%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
20%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
18%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
11%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
7%
Breasts should be as large as in human form, fur-covered and bouncy.
3%
Breasts should be as large as we can get away with, bouncy, and fur-covered.
1%
Breasts should be as large as we can get away with, bouncy, and with sparse fur that hints at the existence of nipples.
4%

Total votes: 91

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:OK, this is going to sound kindof gross, but do female wolves (or any other mammal) get periods? :?

I have periods, dots, and points!! Need one!! -->. And she's a big one!!

:wacko:

edit ooops...misspelled a word. Duh. :lol:
Last edited by Figarou on Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Hey Fig...,

:eyebrow: :splinterwolf: :duckbomb: :explode:
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Trinity wrote:Hey Fig...,

:eyebrow: :splinterwolf: :duckbomb: :explode:

LOL!!!!...I couldn't help it!! :jester2: :wacko: :jester:
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

*beats you with Dukies* :)

*runs away*
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by mielikkishunt »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'd actually prefer to see discernable male and female differences. But, I had to point out the lack of obvious differences between wolves, at least through human perspective.
There are obvious differences. Size, bitches tend to be more feminine, not as broad headed or thick bodied. Not sure if it holds true for wolves, but in dogs, males carry a heavier coat then bitches.

As for 'periods'. .again, let me point out how your dog will stuff his nose in the crouch of any human female who's on the rag. . .could you imagine a pack of were's who depending on the writer, acts just as animalistic as their canine counterparts?
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

they wouldn't have very good social habbits! :lol:
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Well, I am in favor of having noticeable differences between the two genders, such as size, and maybe the females having softer curves, but I am still not in favor of breasts (edit: see below).

Someone mentioned in another thread that female werewolves could have long hair on their heads sorta like they do in wolf form. I think this would be a good alternative to breasts. Of course, someone will probably say "What if a guy has long hair?". Well, male gestalts could still be bigger and more angular than females, thus avoiding this problem. Or the problem could be prevented altogether by having male actors have short hair.

I would also like to add that, if breasts don't disappear altogether, why would human hair? On most areas of the body, the wolf hair would make residual human hair all but invisible, because in most places, wolf fur is longer than human hair, but not on the head.

edit: I'm beginning to be resigned to the idea that the female werewolves are gonna have breasts. I think I can live with it. I would like to mention, however, that I really really really don't want the females to look weak compared to the males. I'd like for it to sorta be like comparing a female Amazon warrior to some sort of male warrior. Yeah, she's smaller, but no one would think for a minute that he could overpower her easily.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Excelsia wrote:
edit: I'm beginning to be resigned to the idea that the female werewolves are gonna have breasts. I think I can live with it. I would like to mention, however, that I really really really don't want the females to look weak compared to the males. I'd like for it to sorta be like comparing a female Amazon warrior to some sort of male warrior. Yeah, she's smaller, but no one would think for a minute that he could overpower her easily.
Like a male bodybuilder compared to one of the not-too-large female bodybuilders, like in this picture?
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Perhaps something of that nature. You've got the idea.

I just don't want someone to be able to look at a male and female werewolf standing together and say "Oh man, he could own her so easily."
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Excelsia wrote:I just don't want someone to be able to look at a male and female werewolf standing together and say "Oh man, he could own her so easily."
Agreed.
:femshft :femshft :femshft :lovestruck: :femshft :femshft :femshft
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Trinity »

Warning Artistic Nudity!
http://www.dace.co.uk/proportion.htm

Now one thing I woudl liek to point out. Body builders aren't QUITE what I would preferr. Why? They have a far too rectangular propotion.., too male of a figure dynamic.

Those two above drawings, though not the most comprehensive, gives a decent illustrtaion of the main differences between male and female figures.

Human males: Rectangular, Angular, boxy, straight lines, hard corners, define edges.
Huam Female: Figure-8 ( shoulder - wist - hips make a vertical figure 8 ), curvy, smooth, rounded, softened definitions, shapely corners, curved lines.

If the difference in wolves is a light body and slightly thinner face, the two types could actually combine to give a definate difference without resulting in -obvious- sexual characteristics. ( Like breast or testicles/sheath ). Then add a _HINT_, just a hint of "obvious humaniod sexual characteristics", and suncosniously we will be able to define which is which.

We do this on a regular basis with people who show characteristics in either form, looks, figure and/or behaviors. "He looks like a girl." or "She seems so Butch and tom-boyish."

Its based on pre-conceieved, taught, and supported by society, notions of what makes which sex "more like" itself.

Now. i woudl also like to point out that humans have been raised to see teh female sex as "weaker".

no of course we are not physicall and biologically built like males. we were not made for teh same rigors in life that they were. Same in that neither were they built for teh rigors in life we are.

If we are such a "weaker" sex? Then why are WE the ones giving birth? Why do WE have to carry around an extra 6-10 pounds of weight within our midsections? Whay do WE have to suffer through teh pangs of birth?

Riiight. let people think all they want that females are "weaker". HAHAHAHAHA. :)

See that's where we ge them when they least expect it.

now Imagine for a moment, that a group of werewolves are out on the town? the female of the bunch is getting picked on, harrassed, what have you. The other guys step back, knowing full well that.., well heck she can EAT his head off if she wanted ot.

Ever seen "Dukes of Hazzard" the series?

Yeah Daisy Duke was a "loverly lady", but she was a tough cookie too.

So waht if they look " weaker", that's when teh REALL terror kicks in. That "weaker" looking werewolf rips a car's hood off in one swipe.

;)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

oh...I just LOVE this thread!!! :lovebone:

:wacko:
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

LOL

:science:
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Hmmmmm... isn't it said that females have ten or so times more tolerance to pain than males? This relates to giving birth, I suppose...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That and our society says that we're allowed to show it more, while guys generally have the tendncy to want to be all macho. generally- there are many exceptions. I guy cryign makes you think, what a wimp, but a gal crying makes you want to hug her, in general.
Koshaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Duckinator

Post by Koshaw »

Women also laugh and cry more in general...and that tens to increase life spans hmmmm...would female werewolves live longer??? In nature do female wolves live longer or shorter lives???
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Also women have a higher pain resistence
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Doruk Golcu wrote:Hmmmmm... isn't it said that females have ten or so times more tolerance to pain than males? This relates to giving birth, I suppose...
23Harden wrote:Also women have a higher pain resistence
Do you remember where you heard this from?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

Vuldari wrote:
Doruk Golcu wrote:Hmmmmm... isn't it said that females have ten or so times more tolerance to pain than males? This relates to giving birth, I suppose...
That's true. It's because we have to handle childbirth. It takes a lot of pain-tolerance to deal with childbirth.

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Well if a (seemingly weak) female werewolf kicked a male werewolf's a** in Freeborn, I have to admit I'd be more than pleased. But if such things don't happen, I'd like the appearance of the werewolves in gestalt form to suggest that she could. Of course that's just my personal preference.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

SnowWalker wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
That's true. It's because we have to handle childbirth. It takes a lot of pain-tolerance to deal with childbirth.

~Snowy
I've heard similar before, but I've never seen any proof of it, nor any sources.

Here's what I've been able to dig up:

http://www.hbns.org/news/pain04-09-03.cfm Males higher (2003)
http://www.bioline.org.br/request?md00025 Males higher (See Table 1) (2000)
http://www.economist.com/science/displa ... id=4197761 Men resist pain better (Jul 21st, 2005 -- very recent!)
http://womensmindbodyhealth.info/pain514A.htm Women have lower pain threshold (2000)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 004113.htm Women feel more pain (2005)
http://www.anselm.edu/internet/psych/th ... /Index.htm Male non-athletes have higher pain threshold than female non-athletes
http://www.thesportjournal.org/2003Jour ... 2/pain.asp Female athletes' pain apperception scores were lower than for male athletes.

Please note that I originally went into this trying to find sources to support that females had higher pain tolerances. However, I was not able to find even a single source to support that idea. Every single source I found stated that men had higher pain tolerances than women. I stopped after about three pages of Google results without a single contradiction.

-- Vilkacis
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

hmmm...

That seems rather odd to me. Doesn't make much sense, either. Childbirth is arguably the most painful experience a human can endure, so why would males have a higher threshold of pain.

Some men say that males passing kidney stones is more painful than childbirth. I'm inclined to believe not, but I don't suppose we'll ever really know, because even if we asked a woman who's had a sex change to become a man, her organs would never be exactly the same as a natural male's.

Even in the event that the act of passing kidney stones is more painful, I doubt the male body would have evolved to have a higher threshold of pain simply b/c of that, after all the majority of males don't get them. But I would wager that most females do have children, so it makes no sense to me that males would have a higher pain threshold.

hhhmmm...I'm not saying those articles are wrong...but why? Why would men need a higher tolerance? That is what I would like to know.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Excelsia wrote:hmmm...

That seems rather odd to me. Doesn't make much sense, either. Childbirth is arguably the most painful experience a human can endure, so why would males have a higher threshold of pain.

Some men say that males passing kidney stones is more painful than childbirth. I'm inclined to believe not, but I don't suppose we'll ever really know, because even if we asked a woman who's had a sex change to become a man, her organs would never be exactly the same as a natural male's.

Even in the event that the act of passing kidney stones is more painful, I doubt the male body would have evolved to have a higher threshold of pain simply b/c of that, after all the majority of males don't get them. But I would wager that most females do have children, so it makes no sense to me that males would have a higher pain threshold.

hhhmmm...I'm not saying those articles are wrong...but why? Why would men need a higher tolerance? That is what I would like to know.
I will not try to argue about whether or not childbirth is the most painful experience or not, as I could never know, but I do have to ask this...

...why do you assume that being the gender that goes through that experience automatically makes them have a higher pain tolerance? I just don't see the logic there. Women usually scream like they are dying when going through that. Judging by that, I would say those women have a LOW pain tolerance, not a HIGH one. If most women took it quietly and dealt with it without the screaming (and crushing of the hand of the poor fool who offered it in support), then that would suggest a high tolerance for pain.

...honestly, I think the fact that women in general who have gone through child birth complain about how painful it is so often is evidence in itself that their tolerance is LOW. If they could tolerate it...they wouldn't be complaining about it so much.

(My sincerest oppologies to any mothers that may be here on the forums. In case I have offended you...please don't kill me...)

Edit: Pain tolerance really has more to do with personality and state of mind than genetics. If pain tolerance was determined by genetics, then it would be more about, "who feels more pain" not "who can tollerate it better". Pain is a very neccesary bodily function, and if evolution has been tweaking it at all, it has been making us MORE sensitive to pain, as feeling pain is what stops us from killing ourselves, and let's us know when something is wrong in our bodies. Lower pain sensitivity would be a disadvantage in the long run.

Therefore, I don't think gender has anything to do with pain tolerance, initially. Rather...I believe that one gains higher tolerance by experiencing pain more often and being forced to deal with it. In other words...if male athletes have a higher pain tolerance, it is only because we hurt ourselves more often.
Last edited by Vuldari on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
SnowWalker wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

~Snowy
I've heard similar before, but I've never seen any proof of it, nor any sources.

Here's what I've been able to dig up:

http://www.hbns.org/news/pain04-09-03.cfm Males higher (2003)
http://www.bioline.org.br/request?md00025 Males higher (See Table 1) (2000)
http://www.economist.com/science/displa ... id=4197761 Men resist pain better (Jul 21st, 2005 -- very recent!)
http://womensmindbodyhealth.info/pain514A.htm Women have lower pain threshold (2000)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 004113.htm Women feel more pain (2005)
http://www.anselm.edu/internet/psych/th ... /Index.htm Male non-athletes have higher pain threshold than female non-athletes
http://www.thesportjournal.org/2003Jour ... 2/pain.asp Female athletes' pain apperception scores were lower than for male athletes.

Please note that I originally went into this trying to find sources to support that females had higher pain tolerances. However, I was not able to find even a single source to support that idea. Every single source I found stated that men had higher pain tolerances than women. I stopped after about three pages of Google results without a single contradiction.

-- Vilkacis

You know, I remember ABrownrigg mentioning that the body has its own "pain killer"

I need to look for it.

Meanwhile, here is an interesting article.

http://opioids.com/painkiller/
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Figarou wrote:

You know, I remember ABrownrigg mentioning that the body has its own "pain killer"

I need to look for it.

AHA!!! Meesa looky, meesa find!! :howl:  :oo

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =7830#7830