Their diet?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

well, i think if there were really werewolves, and that they've existed for centuries, that there'd be some modern culture combined with old beliefs, just like in human societies.
for instance, there'd probably be a group of were-s that believe themselves superior to humans, or claim that humans are prey to feed on and nothing more. another group may feel that their human side is blasphemous in some way and opt for more lupine habits and ways, generally leaving humans alone and only eating humans when absolutely nessecary. and yet another group may believe that humans are their equals, not to be feared or preyed upon, but to be befriended and respected.
so, i think realistically, there would be some room for all debates on reasons why or why not a werewolf would eat a human both in the werewolf world and this board.
~Celtwolf :laddie:
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Well they could just buy Hufu....
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

[quote="Trinity"]It could be, that young -born- werewolves might not consider themselves human. This could lead to issues of morality layter on in its lifetime. ;)[/quote]

How would they be human If they were born werewolf. That would mean the werewolf gane is domnait trait make them more and more pure werewolf.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

restate, por favor. that sentince was incomprehinseable to me...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

dnl wrote:
Trinity wrote:It could be, that young -born- werewolves might not consider themselves human. This could lead to issues of morality layter on in its lifetime. ;)

How would they be human If they were born werewolf. That would mean the werewolf gane is domnait trait make them more and more pure werewolf.
Psychologically speaking, dnl, it -could- happen.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Heh. If I were bitten, I'd stop considering myself human. I doubt I'd start spontaneously eating people, if ever, but at the very least "cannibalism" would be redefined.
Sanity is relative.
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: human eating?

Post by Moonstalker »

Anubis wrote:i think we did this already, but do you think werewolves eat humans.

i think normaly no, but like in the dark ages or times of famin i think WW would go after the only food source availbe, humans. i think WW would go for people thats already died like dig up graves or eat hickers that died of heat exhuastion, fall, or what ever. I'll bet a werewolf hunting a live human would be pretty rare.

i don't think its cannaiblisim they're canine and we're primate.

if we did this already, i couldn't find any topic like this. so don't bite my head off. please!
Yeah, I would say that eating a human would be rare and even then the werewolf wouldn't do it very gladly. I don't expect the Freeborn to be one of those stupid horror films filled with screaming humans and spilling blood. That idea is stupid and non interesting, not to mention that it already has been drained in those countless werewolf horror films. They can eat a human but please, don't justify that with the overpopulation and other stuff :P
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Freeborn werewolves are suppose to be smart, sophisticated and normal like people....sort of. :D .

I like the man eating werewolf idea and at the same time I dont, when it comes to werewolves I really go both ways. But for freeborn, they should have a similar metabolism of that of a normal person and a wolf, they can eat human foods but they will much prefer meat.

Remember that scene in Underworld Evolution where Micheal eats at the resturaunt. I thought that was pretty stupid that they made the virus to the point where you have no choice but to eat humans, or suck blood.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Was that the scene where Michael ordered the waiter with a glass of red wine?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I think so, I dont remember it that much. But he acts like hes going into a ceaser.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Julius or Augustus?

[spoiler]seizure[/spoiler]
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I wouldn't put any degenerate behaviour under humanity at large. If a human can think about it, a human can act on it — potentially. This is how we have war and inbreeding.

I think this question comes under the "Are werewolves evil?" question. I agree, if you weren't a cannibal when you were bitten, you *probably* wouldn't be a cannibal as a werewolf, at least at first. But some of the most famous werewolves in history were cannibals and even some normal wolves — I cite Courtaud the "Werewolf" of Paris in particular — ate human carcasses. There's a body of knowledge that holds wolves followed the merc bands in the Hundred Years War in Europe and would feed off the corpses left on the field. Balancing the possibility of cannibalism out is the dictum in Kipling's Law of the Jungle, "...And seven times NEVER KILL MAN!" (Reality in India puts the fiction to this, but ideals can be striven after anyway).
ImageImageImageImage
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

vrikasatma wrote:There's a body of knowledge that holds wolves followed the merc bands in the Hundred Years War in Europe and would feed off the corpses left on the field.
Between killing one's own food which has like a 10% success rate, and picking stuff off someone else's 'kill' that seem to be abandoned, I fully understand why the wolves would do that.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:Julius or Augustus?

[spoiler]seizure[/spoiler]
Thanks, I knew I spelt the word wrong, I just didnt have much time to look it up before I posted.
Image Image
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

In my opinion, I think werewolves would be able to control their urge for flesh from various animals (like humans). They probably would feel the urge to just eat some human being, but if it was against the packs rule then they wouldn't. A werewolf pack does not want to draw attention to themselves, so I agree that werewolves would also clean up after a rogue.
Werewolves within a pack would respect the alpha's rules. One that is not in a pack would not have any rules.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Lol. Funny. Even after one year. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Ha I hadn't seen that before. That's funny. :P

I think a newly bitten might be led to consuming humans. If he or she has heard countless stories of maneating were's (Like about 99.9% of the population) he or she might think that they have to.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I dont think they would any more than a real wolf would. It depends on the story line. Real wolves may on occasion, like other predators, if starving, but they're not the natural prey. It depends what mind set the werewolf is in during transformation; therefor it depends on the storyline yet again, so I say yes and no.

I never have a straight answer! :(

Edit: Haha yeah and the newly bitten who are easily led. I'd remain a vegetarian, werewolf or not. It depends whether I'd become ill without meat. Im inclined to say 'I don't know'. It is fantasy after all, no matter how much science you shove behind it.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary

Post by 23Jarden »

Well then that would lead into a discussion on whether or not a werewolf needs meat.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

A werewolf has (like a normal wolf) a hunting instinct, so they will eat meat no matter how much of a veggie you are.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary

Post by 23Jarden »

That suggest that the human mind and the werewolf mind are seperate.
Sinapu

Post by Sinapu »

no, werewolves shouldnt eat humans, you can argue they are half human themselves. Ive never liked the books and movies that portrayed them as viscious man-eaters, its gross :P
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

23Jarden wrote:That suggest that the human mind and the werewolf mind are seperate.
Im inclined to say they are not seperate, and that you CAN overcome instincts. Even if you're lacking a lot of control, I believe you would be able to overcome a few instincts; I think in horror, the werewolf should attack people, that sort, in those sorts of horror films anyway, because it's meant to be scary. I think they should have large claws and big fangs. In a different movie such as Freeborn, Im inclined to say it's a very different genre, so the werewolf would naturally be different.

As I said, fantasy, so we can make it up :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-