Their diet?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Human meat tastes nasty. Deer is better, or elk, or anything rather.. even mcdonalds.

But yes, you might get some power crazed werewolves out there, that want to hunt humans.. but its because they 'want' to.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Human meat tastes nasty
Sounds like you tryed it :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:
Human meat tastes nasty

Everyone has.

Have you ever bit your lip? or your tongue? :wink:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Figarou wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:
Human meat tastes nasty

Everyone has.

Have you ever bit your lip? or your tongue? :wink:
Or a hotdog there's probably some in there or maybe it was spam :D
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wolves don't eat humans unless extremely desperate, so I would expect the same of werewolves.

Humans taste like pork, by the way, only a lot crappier, because of all the bad habits humans have. Would you eat meat that wreaked of cigarettes and grease?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Wolves don't eat humans unless extremely desperate, so I would expect the same of werewolves.

Humans taste like pork, by the way, only a lot crappier, because of all the bad habits humans have. Would you eat meat that wreaked of cigarettes and grease?

Well, if humans wasn't so advanced, and we roamed the woods like deer, then we would be considered food to the wolf. The human body wouldn't be filled with junk because the humans will be eating berries instead of greasy tacos.

Our place right now is higher up than the wolf. If you place the human lower than the wolf, consider yourself lunch. lck
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Scott Gardener wrote:Wolves don't eat humans unless extremely desperate, so I would expect the same of werewolves.
IIRC, there hasn't been an atack on a human by a healthy wolf in North America in a very long time, if ever.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Or, as Gaspode the Wonder Dog said, there have been no healthy adult humans returning to report it :P
Faolan Ruadh
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Snarkus Mirificus

Post by Faolan Ruadh »

Lupin is correct. There are no recorded cases of a wild, healthy (i.e. non-rabid) wolf attacking a human in North America. Except under very specific conditions, like the Sawtooth Pack, who were extensively socialized as pups so that researchers could watch them as closely as possible, wolves instinctively avoid contact with humans.
"Live like you'll die tomorrow.
Fight like there is no death."
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked

Post by Akugarou »

I think some kind of timelime would come into play here.

A just bitten WW would not be able to resist hot, rushing blood coursing lck through the nearest lifeform, human or not. It would be a matter of bad luck on the human's part, that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

More mature WW with finer control over their abilities might go with their "human" nature. If they were inclined to cause mayhem before they were turned, they may choose to do so after. Gentler natured folks might choose to hit a buffet before latenite lycanthropy. :shift:

..Or would the need to feed be part of the werewolf's condition? :?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

human eating?

Post by Anubis »

i think we did this already, but do you think werewolves eat humans.

i think normally no, but like in the dark ages or times of famine i think WW would go after the only food source available, humans. i think WW would go for people that already died like dig up graves or eat hikers that died of heat exhaustion, fall, or what ever. I'll bet a werewolf hunting a live human would be pretty rare.

i don't think its cannibalism they're canine and we're primate.

if we did this already, i couldn't find any topic like this. so don't bite my head off. please!
Last edited by Anubis on Sun May 07, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: human eating?

Post by Renorei »

wolf marine wrote: i don't think its cannaiblisim they're canine and we're primate.
I tend to disagree. IMO, they will always be more human than wolf, so I consider them to still be primates (who just so happen to be able to turn into canines).

I really don't think cannibalism is that big of a deal. Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to be eaten. I guess I'm just de-sensitized, what with all the cannibalism going on in my community.

But to address your question, yeah I think werewolves probably do eat humans on occasion. I wouldn't mind some human chewing by the wolves in Freeborn, that is, if one of the wolves is the antagonist.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

ahh i knew it but i did it any way
THE GAME

My Armory
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

It could be, that young -born- werewolves might not consider themselves human. This could lead to issues of morality layter on in its lifetime. ;) *chuckles*

But there could be an issue amoung the werewolf culture that forbods the consumption of human flesh. The 'justice' for this woul dnot be half so severe as say a human court would apply, only because werewolves are now no longer purely human. They changed beyound any humanly biology and could have some strange 'urges'.

What makes a "werewolf" difeerent from say a "Mad dog" is that they don't eat human flesh. They are "far to civilized" to do such a thing.

On the other hand a repeat offender would likely sign his or her death warrent, because then it beomces and issue of protecting the "secret". They become a threat to the freedom that being a werewolf -is-. :)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Hhmmmm....I could totally see a Werewolf mafia offing an adolescent pup who got careless with his feeding. :biteme:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Hmmm...this came to mind.

Wolves can eat up to 20 pounds in one sitting. (Real life fact) What about a werewolf in wolf form? Can he do that? What would happen if the werewolf shifted from a wolf to a human with 20 pounds of food in his stomach?

Big belly?

To be honest, I think a werewolf would eat just enough to satisfy its hunger. Or would he?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

A werewolf in wolf form could probably eat just as much as a regular wolf. And yeah, he'd probably have a real big belly if he tried to shift back after eating.
Either that or he'd :sickpup:.
To be honest, I think a werewolf would eat just enough to satisfy its hunger. Or would he?
Well if it's the second one, they'd probably eat just enough to get full.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I think just enough to get. I think if they ate 20 lbs of food they'd have to digest it really quick, or at least before they shifted. Then at least they could gain something from the nutrients and energy....
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah, they could eat a ton in gestalt/wolf form and be fine. Though they should wait to digest all that food before shifting. That or get sick and barf most of it up as a human. :sickpup:

WW mom: Pups, you wait for a while after eating before shifting again or swimming :lol:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

So can someone tell me the story behind coconut? Is that part of werewolf lore, or did someone from here make it up?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Excelsia wrote:So can someone tell me the story behind coconut? Is that part of werewolf lore, or did someone from here make it up?
Someone claimed once that coconut gives wolves a buzz of sorts, and it was a popular idea for a while (because it was silly), but no one can find any information whatsoever to back it up.

-- Vilkacis
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Though I sometimes love the little juicy mentions of eating humans, thats just a fantasy of mine, something to doodle when I'm pissed, not something I want to see a real werewolf do and not something belonging in Freeborn.

Lets see, morals? I don't stab people I meet in Kroger because I'm better than that, and a werewolf would too. I think a werewolf is only going to kill for the same reason a regular human may, which is most likely self defense.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I think a crazy, psycho werewolf would have a very high chance of going around, killing and eating their victims lck :wink:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Trinity wrote:On the other hand a repeat offender would likely sign his or her death warrent, because then it beomces and issue of protecting the "secret". They become a threat to the freedom that being a werewolf -is-. :)
I'm pretty sure we've already covered that this is what would make all the difference. Some werewolves choose to be evil, possibly because they dislike humans or they take great pleasure in that typical Hollywood savage killer image (some people really do treat being evil like some sort of fashion trend), so no Pack could ever go without ever having to deal with a troublemaker.

There may have been packs at one point that fancied themselves as human hunters, but the likeliness is that, in today's paranoid and information-highway driven society, any packs that felt that way would have been eliminated by now. The only werewolves that could still be alive today would be those that think less of of rising up and more about blending in.

There's a possibility that a werewolf may have to kill a human to defend themselves or the anonymity of the pack, but while eating the body to dispose of the evidence might be a possible option, I think that would be the absolute last resort, and the one that every self-respecting werewolf hopes they never have to resort to. It'd be more profitable for them to either kill him via a single claw to the chest or across the neck to mimic a knife wound, or just hide the body some place where it'd be unlikely to be found within a month or two so that, when it finally is discovered, it'll be too decomposed to recognize any claw and teeth marks.