Their diet?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

23Jarden wrote:That suggest that the human mind and the werewolf mind are seperate.
Bad idea if you ask me.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I like to think that a werwolf, when transformed, would have a variant psycological/emotional state, but still be of the same mind and personality.

I usually don't prefer the Gestalt/Wolf-Form to be an entirely different personality from the Human form, where the human doesn't remeber being the wolf, and the wolf doesn't know it is human, (though I would still be interested in seeing this concept done well, at least once).

I see it more like...

When the person is about to change, they have something in mind that they intend to do, or not to do, but after the change they feel differently about it, so after all is said and done and they change back, they may be left asking themselves, "...What was I thinking? I can't believe I did that.", or, "...Where did THAT come from? I didn't even know I could DO that?! THAT was SWEET!!"

Instincts, impulses and emotional priorities that differ from what they feel while in human form...but still the same person.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Hungry!

Post by RedEye »

Well, there's always Blood Pudding (an English delicacy). I highly recommend the Type A, Rh neg. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

It's old, but this topic still makes me hungry. :lol:

And I like blood, by the way. lck

Never had it as pudding though.
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Wolves are more afraid of humans than humans are of wolves

Therefore Werewolves would not (unless they chose to) eat humans.
However if a Werewolf was infected with rabies then the werewolf could lose control and go off biting/eating humans
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

geekboy1500 wrote:Wolves are more afraid of humans than humans are of wolves

Therefore Werewolves would not (unless they chose to) eat humans.
However if a Werewolf was infected with rabies then the werewolf could lose control and go off biting/eating humans

The problem with this is that it assumes that werewolves are wolves. A werewolf, even when shifted, is still a human. They might get some wolf instincts, but the mind overall would still be mostly human, and therefore have human decision making.

But, I do agree with your next point. Ultimately, whether or not a werewolf would eat humans would depend on the person. So it ultimately depends on the human...if a serial killer who eats his victims became a werewolf, of course he'd eat humans...as would a primitive cannibal from some jungle country. But your average person, on becoming a werewolf, wouldn't eat people.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Whaaaat?

Post by RedEye »

The only stories of Werewolves eating humans are, I believe, from the old world and very long ago.
Now, there are various forms of Cannibalism: Religious, Catastrophic, and Psychotic come most readily to mind. The ONLY time one would likely see a Werewolf eating another human would be in the Catastrophic model...such as it's the ONLY food there is. There was some of this a while back where a plane crashed in the Andes, and the survivors ate the dead to survive. A Human would do that, so would a Were'...altho' more likely the Were' would find food for the party...after swearing them to silence about how the food was obtained.
The ones from Long Ago might be: A> during a famine where everybody was eating the less fortunate, or B> Where the newly turned was starving after/during the change, and went for the easiest supply... the best food for Humans...are other Humans (cook well to kill the parasites!)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Let me put it sipley for you. Wolves dont eat people. Humans don't eat people. So why should a werewolf, a combination of the two, eat people? I dare you to argue with that logic.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Wolves are capable of eating carrion, and have been seen digging up graves, as well as scavenging corpses, during times of famine, and people have been documented in engaging in cannibalism... Like, say, the Fore tribe in Paupa New Guinea, or the ritual post-consumption of sacrificial victims in Aztec society.
Shall I go further with my logic?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

*sigh* Ok, you got me. But the MAJORITY of people don't engage in canabalism and wolves don't eat humans when it's not a time of famine. So MOST of the time werewolves shouldn't eat people.

As for the grave thing, hey, they're already dead. I seriously doubt if they care if their bodies are eaten.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

On the other hand, would you mind if a pack of wolves dug up and ate the corpses of your deceased family members from the local graveyard?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

With current embalming processes, I don't think they'd be very apt to do that.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Hmmm... yum, the deliciously fatal taste of formaldehyde. But then again, not everyone enbalms.
Eat more tobasco.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

They're just bodies. The spirit is the person I knew. That part of them is long gone. And this way the wolves don't die of hunger. Why should a wolf die for a memory of mine that isn't even really there?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Unfortunately, very few people, and virtually no culture alive, dead or eradicated shares that idea about corpses being merely empty shells.
To simply leave a body for the scavengers is considered to be the most despicable thing to do to anyone, something to be done only to a hated enemy of society, so that everyone can delight in the knowledge that this hated person's carcass was torn to pieces, and scattered to the winds. And in most cultures, simply standing around and letting the scavengers dig up the graves of your loved ones meant that you were a wholely impotent, useless weakling.
You do must realize that broadcasting the idea of wanting to have the body of one's enemy scavenged by carrion-eating animals is an extremely grave, unforgivable insult in all cultures.
Those cultures which did give their corpses to scavenging animals always used vultures and other carrion birds in a very ritualized way, either by placing the corpse in a tree, upon a makeshift platform, or in a special tower where the birds can eat without being disturbed.
Tell me of a culture or civilization that thought that a corpse was simply a useless husk to be dumped to the side of the road without a further thought.
-Calculon
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

None that I know of. But then again, most cultures don't think very sensibly. I can think of many things in my culture that are the hight of stupidity. Of course, not everyone agrees with my views.
redwolfmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Clawed Creator

Post by redwolfmoon »

okay, this is my two cents and it can be agreed on or just heard, it doesn't really bother me as long as no one becomes 'funky' about it. In scientific studies, food that energises a person the most are foods that are similar to the person, so in many ways cannabalism is very healthy as long as you know to cook the meat due to the chemicals and how easy it is to catch things. Since we are omniverous we would need more then just meat to keep our system going, so although we can get many of the nutritions out of eating a human, we would need more. We do not eat other people though because or 'morals' claim it to be wrong.
As this, I feel that a bitten werewolf (since I feel that one keeps most of their conscious thought) would attempt to aviod eating a human, still viewing it as cannabalism. Although a werewolf clan, feeling that hunting is natural they would care little. Not only would it be more nutritious then deer, but human would be much easier pray.

(I have even discussed this with my mother, she had heard little of lycans eating humans, but much of killing them. Perhaps this raises a possibility that, since a human would scream at the site of a lycan, there could be something about the sound that could drive them mad.)
Doodle, doodle, paint, paint, don't forget about the sex and violence!
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

redwolfmoon wrote:We do not eat other people though because or 'morals' claim it to be wrong.
Also because most people don't want to be eaten, and because if someone was sick, and you ate them, there would be a chance of getting whatever they had.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Lupin wrote:
redwolfmoon wrote:We do not eat other people though because or 'morals' claim it to be wrong.
Also because most people don't want to be eaten, and because if someone was sick, and you ate them, there would be a chance of getting whatever they had.
Like, say, prion-based diseases, like Kuru, Kreudsfeld Jakob disease, or Fatal Familial Insomnia?
-Calculon
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Ya, and aren't there certain desieses that people only get by eating human flesh?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Prion diseases are an important group of diseases spread through contact with contaminated tissue, along with most strains of hepatitis.
-Calculon
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

YA I like Cows,bears, (eventhough they are hard to kill but totaly worth it)Deer, anything that is fun to hunt. Humans are not that tasty pluse they dont run to fast and there is that whole"kill alll the werewolfs" thing that i have been dealing with sence frakenstine. I mean come on i just at one guy and he was a serial killer, his name was somthing like jack the somthing. :lol:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Dogfighter

Re: human eating?

Post by neoritter »

Anubis wrote:i think we did this already, but do you think werewolves eat humans.

i think normally no, but like in the dark ages or times of famine i think WW would go after the only food source available, humans. i think WW would go for people that already died like dig up graves or eat hikers that died of heat exhaustion, fall, or what ever. I'll bet a werewolf hunting a live human would be pretty rare.

i don't think its cannibalism they're canine and we're primate.

if we did this already, i couldn't find any topic like this. so don't bite my head off. please!
Generally, no they don't. But they do. Myths where werewolves kill humans generally give them a reason as to why they killed the human. Normally, the human did something to them during the day. And yes it is cannabilism, and it can't be stressed enough, a werewolf is a human that transforms into a wolf. It technically isn't physical cannabilism but it certainly is cannabilism none the less. The only time in human history where cannabilism has been justified is in maritime law, which basically states that if you are a float in the middle of the ocean and there is no food left, you can resort to cannabilism.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

human taste nasty anyway.......not not like i tasted one before :wink: , but other animals taste better like Deer, Cows, wild boar, bears, other four legged animals lck yes I love to hunt, ohhhh the thrill of the chase, hunting things down that where the real fun is. Humans just scream, the girls please, for some reason they always fall down and scream more and just lay there. Where is the fun in that :lol:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

I think I said in another thread the idea that humans are like anchovies to a werewolf. Even people that eat people say its not a pleasent taste.

Very few things activly hunt humans, and most of those animals are not pickey eaters, or like big cats from Africa and Asia eat other primates. as I understand primate meat isn't very good and should only be eaten when nothing else can be found, yet some big cats seem to love the taste. Wolves don't come from heavy primate areas so the taste isn't likely to be on their natural pallet of flavors, prefering hooved animals.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.