Their diet?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Their diet?

Post by SGrayWolf »

I didn't see a topic related to the werewolves diet and this is really a no-brainer.. heh heh... but it can't hurt right? (I just had to say that) :lol:

Anyhow, plenty of meat while a werewolf and y'all think that being a werewolf will impact their diet while in human form? And how so?

....and it seems like their diet is a Low Carb one... all that meat.. *ahem* :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Probably raw meat, deer and other hooved animals being the preferred prey traditionally, though I don't think a werewolf's diet would be all that different from their human variety; only the way they rate their preferences (they could probably stomach fruits and vegetables just as well as a human could, but they'd prefer meat while in werewolf form).

Either way, I imagine the recommendation of pack leaders everywhere would be for a werewolf to have a full dinner before any scheduled transformations. That way the werewolf wouldn't need to worry about dealing with any urges to hunt pigeons or scavenge through dumpsters.

The only other possibility I could think of would be that the lycanthropic virus is photogenic. Not in the same way plants are; I was thinking that the lycanthropic syndrome could convert vitamin D (which is produced naturally by the body via sunlight on the skin) into some form of adrenaline which allows a werewolf to change form. I know that's a stretch (and I won't mind if the idea isn't used since it's the same idea I put in the book I'm writing), but at least it's original. :P
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Humans are omnivores, and wolves can eat a somewhat large veriety of food, so I would think that werewolves would be able to eat most anything in either form.

From beef to apples to tofu to stop signs. ;)

I would imagine that they would prefer meat though. Though keep in mind that the dominate game animal varies from area to area, and that werewolves would probably seek out those animals.

For example, in Alaska, the prominate game animals are Moose and Caribou, but in Minnesota, it's White Tail Deer and Pheasent.

So really, location is going to play a large part in this.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:Humans are omnivores, and wolves can eat a somewhat large veriety of food, so I would think that werewolves would be able to eat most anything in either form.

From beef to apples to tofu to stop signs. ;)

I would imagine that they would prefer meat though. Though keep in mind that the dominate game animal varies from area to area, and that werewolves would probably seek out those animals.

For example, in Alaska, the prominate game animals are Moose and Caribou, but in Minnesota, it's White Tail Deer and Pheasent.

So really, location is going to play a large part in this.
stop signs?

let me guess, for thier iron intake?
Wuerger
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

What Werewolves would not eat...

Post by Wuerger »

Something about wolves, they generally do not eat entrails. Those are usually ripped out of the prey animal and discared for the scavengers. If a large animal or Human were to be eaten by a werewolf I would imagine the entrails would be discarded as well IMHO. Besides it makes for a good gory scene when a Human is killed and gutted and the entrails are tossed aside just before the werewolf digs in. :wink:
Der Wuerger

always the dead guy, when do I get a speaking part...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: What Werewolves would not eat...

Post by Figarou »

rmaszk wrote:
snip snip

Besides it makes for a good gory scene when a Human is killed and gutted and the entrails are tossed aside just before the werewolf digs in. :wink:
to bad you won't see any of that in this movie.
Nouska
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Nouska »

Intresting fact though, wolves get high on coconuts :o

But would say in human form the werewolf drinks some milk or choclate (high with that chemical they can't consume properly) or cocnuts, just before and was being digested in wolf form, would the effects come on :? Or is this simply another example of thinking to deeply about something that won't happen :lol:
downix

Post by downix »

I can just imagine the werewolf getting a Twinkie-craving and tearing through 7-11
Nouska
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Nouska »

*Looks around* Hey, wanna buy some coconut? I have it pure, straight from the shell, or pre-shreaded :lol:
Mr_Lycos
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mr_Lycos »

Intresting fact though, wolves get high on coconuts
Scientists have Waaaaaaaaaay too much free-time on their hands.

Back on topic: werewolves would be serious Atkins junkies.

werewolf at Subway: "What do you mean I can't get a bacon-wrap?! RaaaahhhhhhRRR!!"
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Nouska wrote:*Looks around* Hey, wanna buy some coconut? I have it pure, straight from the shell, or pre-shreaded :lol:
Is it covered in chocolate with almonds?

Because I want to "feel like a nut."

Heh. Sorry, couldn't resist.

:D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

It might be funny if the protagonist was informed that he shouldn't have coconuts after going coocoo for coco (couldn't resist), but beyond that, I think this thread has gone far off topic (and I swear, if anyone mentions that wolves can't eat chocolate again I'll Image

Seriously, I don't think this movie should be that detailed. The more obscure details that get thrown into the script, the more nitpicky all the biology majors in the audience will be.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Thank you all for this.

I do feel that there are many things that won't be used in the film. However, knowing 'the truth' or rather the truth that is quickly being established on this forum, concerning werewolves, will help in determining plot lines and, dialogue. I think just might be interesting for one of the werewolves in human form, eating a mounds bar. hehe.. no other reference would be necessary.

Sometimes its the little things that don't stick out, but if you dig, you find some really interesting things... the point.. is to WANT to dig, theres more beneith the surface than what you see, and if you spend your time doing that after you walk out of the theatre... , then you're losing yourself in the film.. and THAT is why we're here.

Anthony Brownrigg
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

ABrownrigg wrote:Thank you all for this.

I do feel that there are many things that won't be used in the film. However, knowing 'the truth' or rather the truth that is quickly being established on this forum, concerning werewolves, will help in determining plot lines and, dialogue. I think just might be interesting for one of the werewolves in human form, eating a mounds bar. hehe.. no other reference would be necessary.

Anthony Brownrigg
I'd love to see little in-jokes like that sprinkled into the film here and there. Subtle semi-obscure humor like that is always enjoyed.

(I still await hearing a werewolf utter the line "What did you think we were, duckies?" at some point in the film. That would be perfect. :lol: )
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Where did THAT line come from?

Duckies?

CB :shift:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:Where did THAT line come from?
*whistles innocently*

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =1851#1851

Calypso Blue wrote:Duckies?

*points to akujiwolf*

heh, and several people voted for Duckies since he placed it in the poll.

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Duckies?

:lol:

.I
.I
\ /
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

Duckies?

:lol:

.I
.I
\ /
All we need is some milk to go with your Quackers.

Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Figarou wrote:
*whistles innocently*

Actually, I feel the need to point out http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... c&start=30

I don't know how to make it go to the specific message, but it's on that page, seventh post from the top. December 4.

Self-promotion, I know. I'm so ashamed. But I've always felt credit should go where it's due.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

That is SO in the script.

Anthony Brownrigg :shift:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

*shrugs* It could work. In another thread, I'd suggested the possibility of werewolf safehouses being identified by putting a rubber ducky in the window. :lol: Maybe that could be a sort of slang term for werewolf associates.
*blink-blinks*

Gimme' a break here! I'm grasping at straws trying to keep this thing at least moderately serious. :howl:  :oo

Ah, screw it.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Xodiac wrote:
Figarou wrote:
*whistles innocently*

Actually, I feel the need to point out http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... c&start=30

I don't know how to make it go to the specific message, but it's on that page, seventh post from the top. December 4.

Self-promotion, I know. I'm so ashamed. But I've always felt credit should go where it's due.
I wasn't referring to the word "Duckies" I was referring to the LINE that was mentioned.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =2250#2250

I said......
Figarou wrote: Yup.

Or a pack member saying to another....

"Who do you think we are, a bunch of duckies?" :mrgreen:
ABrownrigg wrote:That is SO in the script.

Anthony Brownrigg :shift:
When I hear that LINE in the movie, I'm going to burst out laughing!! :lol:

When I said "pack member" I was refering to one in the movie, not one in this forum.

If it wasn't for you Xodiac, I would have never said that.

"Hail Xodiac!!" "The all mighty Duckie!!" :lol:

As for "credit" I don't need any. I have nothing to do with this film directly. We are all in this together as "THE PACK" :howl:  :oo

Also, to make a link go straight to a certain post, look for the word "Posted" followed by the date. You'll see a clickable item before it. Click on it, you should see the URL change in your internet browser. Copy and paste it in your post. You'll have a link that'll go straight to the other post.

Terastas wrote: Gimme' a break here! I'm grasping at straws trying to keep this thing at least moderately serious. :howl:  :oo

Ah, screw it.

He he

Welcome to a world of random sillyness!!
Enjoy your stay!!

Here, have an Almond Joy.

Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Thanks for the tip. I never really noticed that little icon before.

And sorry if I seemed... pushy, regarding Duckies. An ex-roomate would frequently disparage my ideas and suggestions regarding certain projects, until he came up with them himself two weeks later and claimed they were his own original ideas. It's made me a little wary about this sort of thing.

You definitely get credit for the actual line, though, even if it's just in my book. :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Xodiac wrote:Thanks for the tip. I never really noticed that little icon before.

And sorry if I seemed... pushy, regarding Duckies. An ex-roomate would frequently disparage my ideas and suggestions regarding certain projects, until he came up with them himself two weeks later and claimed they were his own original ideas. It's made me a little wary about this sort of thing.

You definitely get credit for the actual line, though, even if it's just in my book. :)
He he. Thanks.

Now to work on having "Lunaticks" in the movie. :lol:

*gets bombarded with tomatoes*

Ahhhh!! Ok, OK!! I was only kidding!!

Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Figarou wrote: He he

Welcome to a world of random sillyness!!
Enjoy your stay!!

Here, have an Almond Joy.

No thanks , rather have a coconut :wink:
*When you're down... howl*