Their diet?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:Man I just know I'm going to think of that the next time I get lunch at Sonic.

It brings a new meaning to "2nd helpings." :lol:
I was going to say something like that, but I couldn't come up with anything good.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Koshaw wrote:All small to medium vertebrates taste kinda like chicken/pork lol-

snake, rabbits, squirrels, kanga roo, venison, ostrich, nutria, lols
Actually ostrich tastes like beef, not pork or chicken. I've had rabbit and venison before and I can quite easily say they don't either. Squirrel is rather like chicken though.
Figarou wrote:And you know this because......?
Don't ask me how I know stuff. It'll save you the mental scarring. :evilwolf:
Fenrir wrote::o I wonder if monkey tastes like human?
Ask someone from India. They eat monkey.
Figarou wrote:Oh no its not! If you eat a human, you'll be digesting human protiens! Then afterwards, you'll have complications simular to the Mad Cow disease because your own body is attacking the human proteins. Eating your own kind is not good for you.
Do you even know where mad cow disease came from? There's some type of disease that sheep get, and mad cow disease came from that because some farmer ground up a sick sheep and fed it to his cattle. There was a similar protein in cattle that it attacked in sheep, thus Mad Cow was born.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:
Figarou wrote:Oh no its not! If you eat a human, you'll be digesting human protiens! Then afterwards, you'll have complications simular to the Mad Cow disease because your own body is attacking the human proteins. Eating your own kind is not good for you.
Do you even know where mad cow disease came from? There's some type of disease that sheep get, and mad cow disease came from that because some farmer ground up a sick sheep and fed it to his cattle. There was a similar protein in cattle that it attacked in sheep, thus Mad Cow was born.

Yes, I knew where the mad cow disease came from.

Whats odd about the proteins is that no matter how you cook the meat, it'll still be there.

I read somewhere that trying to digest human proteins can lead to some type of alzheimer's disease. Or brain disfunction.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

The reason human meat is good for you is because it has everything you need. The perfect balance. The person you're eating retains in their body all the nutrients and vitamins and minerals and all that crap that humans need, in the proper proportions that humans need them in. Thus, by eating human, you're eating exactly the right balance of what humans need, nutritionally.

I've never noticed squirrel, rabbit, or deer tasting anything like chicken or anything else. To me, they taste like squirrel, rabbit, and deer. But I guess that might be because I've had them so much that each is now distinctive. To me, squirrel is reminiscent of chicken, though it has it's own flavor and merits. Raccoon is another matter, however. It tastes kinda like roast beef. Anyway, I grew up on a farm so I've eaten a lot of different varieties of animal (I imagine Reilune can relate). We don't farm anymore, unless you count chihuahuas as livestock. :lol: We don't eat those, although we do milk them.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Deer tasted like steak top me :?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Yeah, I have deer before it doesn't really taste like anything but itself. And now thinking about is making my mouth water. lck
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:The reason human meat is good for you is because it has everything you need. The perfect balance. The person you're eating retains in their body all the nutrients and vitamins and minerals and all that crap that humans need, in the proper proportions that humans need them in. Thus, by eating human, you're eating exactly the right balance of what humans need, nutritionally.

Really? Then why can't you buy human meat at the supermarket?

Can you order a human steak at a restraunt?

And where did you get such information? I'd like to read up on it.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Really? Then why can't you buy human meat at the supermarket?

Because how would they go about getting it?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Really? Then why can't you buy human meat at the supermarket?

Because how would they go about getting it?

How do we know if we are already eating it? Think about that the next time you go to Sonic.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:How do we know if we are already eating it? Think about that the next time you go to Sonic.
Because it would taste diffrent than beef from other places.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:How do we know if we are already eating it? Think about that the next time you go to Sonic.
Because it would taste diffrent than beef from other places.

Taste different?

How would you know you're eating a human rib if it was covered with BBQ sauce?

Or if it was seasoned with spices? I had cajun beef and I can tell you I couldn't taste the beef because of it.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote: Taste different?

How would you know you're eating a human rib if it was covered with BBQ sauce?

Or if it was seasoned with spices? I had cajun beef and I can tell you I couldn't taste the beef because of it.
For me, the BBQ just adds to the taste, it doesn't cover it. Plus, the shape of the chest of a cow and a human is different
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Excelsia wrote:Anyway, I grew up on a farm so I've eaten a lot of different varieties of animal (I imagine Reilune can relate).
Heh...yeah. I've tried almost everything from squirrel to alligator.
Lupin wrote:Because how would they go about getting it?
There's a certain group of people in India that steal fresh corpses and eat them. It makes the families of the people who died quite angry. I can't recall the reason why they were cannibals though, it's been a long time since I last saw that particular documentary.

...This topic makes me hungry.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:
Excelsia wrote:Anyway, I grew up on a farm so I've eaten a lot of different varieties of animal (I imagine Reilune can relate).
Heh...yeah. I've tried almost everything from squirrel to alligator.
Lupin wrote:Because how would they go about getting it?
There's a certain group of people in India that steal fresh corpses and eat them. It makes the families of the people who died quite angry. I can't recall the reason why they were cannibals though, it's been a long time since I last saw that particular documentary.

...This topic makes me hungry.

yummy :P [size=0]bleh[/size]
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Figarou wrote: Really? Then why can't you buy human meat at the supermarket?

Well, I'm pretty sure that would be considered immoral by the public at large.

I got my information from a documentary on the Discovery Channel. A group of people were stranded in a very cold region of mountains (their plane crashed) and there was pretty much nothing living in the area, it was all covered in snow. They ate all the food they had, but eventually they ran out. So when people from their flight started dying, they started eating them. At this point, the documentary mentioned the health benefits of human meat.

If I had to guess, I would say most of the cannabalistic cultures in underdeveloped countries probably eat corpses, because of the false belief that they can gain the strength of the dead person. Admittedly, their health probably does improve a little after eating human, but only because it's good for you.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Figarou wrote:
Reilune wrote:...This topic makes me hungry.

yummy :P bleh
*gnaws on Figarou's arm* Hmm...needs a little hot sauce. :grinp:
Zire
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: may be you know who i am, but no what i am

Post by Zire »

ok ok i am one of that persons that think that the werewolves can control theyr selves and if you arent a canibal when you were human you wont be canibal (or man eater) when you turn in to a werewolf
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

That's the consensus around here, Zire. Scott makes a good point; it's quite possible that someone could have that problem, and the same goes for the ones who started out as psycho killers. I think these two examples are yet another reason for the "Don't bite just anyone" rule some have theorized werewolf packs having. It's to their advantage to remain hidden and not attract attention; having a killer among them wouldn't do that any good; for that matter, quite a few less dangerous people would make just as bad werewolves, due to how they'd react to the change.

Oh yeah, and Zire, allow me to be the umpteenth person to say this: :welcome:
Sanity is relative.
Zire
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: may be you know who i am, but no what i am

Post by Zire »

thanks for the welcome
and in this topic
i think that if you beleave that biting a human it turns in to a werewolf so if you contiue (eating) biting you will be a canibal cause you now are eating a werewolf so i dont think that a (mind) healthy werewolf would eat an other werewolf

(apologises for my spelling)
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

In early days, it was believed that werewolves were used to slay those who were thought to worship the devil. In that case it may have meant devouring that person. So yes, werewolves did eat people, but now their diet consists mainly of indigineous wildlife, fruits, veggies, and nuts
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Lets look at the two creatures that form the werewolf. Humans (at least most of them) do not eat humans. Wolves do not eat humans. So why should a half wolf/half man eat humans?
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

I assume then you don't like pork?
KnownToBite
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Beta Female of The C-Oney Wolf Pack

Post by KnownToBite »

I like bacon.. ham... mmmmm black forest or honey? Good question... shake n bake porkchops but i love red meat the best. mmmmm steaks. :pants: :drools: mmmm
Jasmine Isis
Beta Female to The Real Life C-Oney Wolf Pack
Mate to Syn Kardis
Mother to 2 beautiful kids - Damien Marcus and Scarlette Eden
Mother to 2 beautiful wolves - Isis(f mexican red) and Osiris(m timberwolf)
Mother to a beautiful red fox kit - Pyro
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

yuck...i think they would maul or maime but not eat
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Mmmm, monkeys. Them's good eats!

Really, it depends IMHO. It depends on if the werewolf race is cursed to have a hankerin' for human meat, or it could be a personal thing. If the person is psychotic, or if they are just plain homicidal to begin with, or if the beast inside is demonic (or something) and causes them to be that way. There are a lot of reasons why a werewolf would turn to eating humans, and more reasons why they wouldn't in the first place.

To me, it's all about the story. What works for what you are trying to convey. If you are writing werewolf horror, for instance, then yeah your werewolves might eat people. Or if you are writing a werewolf as a bad guy. Likely that he would be a human hunter. It all depends on the individual.
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.