It's ON Brah!

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's ON Brah!

Post by ABrownrigg »

Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Re: It's ON Brah!

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Congratulations. This could be the beginning of something revolutionary and just damn interesting. I wish you and the whole project the very best of Luck. We are all counting on you :wink:
I have send out a note to you over on DA since I have got a little question about the support. I hope that we can reach the 200.000$ together. hwlwnk
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

I have to agree with Fullmoonstar - this has the potential to become a revolutionary force. I'm more and more impressed with your overall ideas and the vision connected to this whole project *bows her head*

I really hope you can raise the 200.000$ - sadly I won't be able to donate myself as I'm having problems to keep myself over water right now. Maybe I can muster some small amound till the end of the funding countdown, but I fairly doubt it. But I will donate anything I can lay hand on if the chance arises - The vision of Freeborn is worth every cent.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Hey if you cant give money.. then promote!

sent it to other boards , talk it up. Your contributions as a pack member alone already constitute the help that was needed to bring the film to this point, so do NOT feel bad. Lots of folks are underwater right now. :)

And the paypal option to those that have requested it will be available within 48 hours.. sorry for the delay on that, a glitch I was not expecting cropped up.

AB
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

I'm not feeling exactly bad - its just the feeling of wanting and not being able to at the moment (like not being able to scratch one's back although its itching like hell)

As for promoting: I think by now most of my facebook friends will be annoyed by the constant flux of Freeborn related links - as will be my 'real world' encounters in the days to come when I'll more and more talk about this whole project - let's hope they'll bear with me :lol:
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Grayheart wrote:I'm not feeling exactly bad - its just the feeling of wanting and not being able to at the moment (like not being able to scratch one's back although its itching like hell)
As for promoting: I think by now most of my facebook friends will be annoyed by the constant flux of Freeborn related links - as will be my 'real world' encounters in the days to come when I'll more and more talk about this whole project - let's hope they'll bear with me :lol:
I think that this is a pretty good start. Especially only a few people from your country have ever heard of Freeborn so far. So we can try to change that :wink: I am showing the links around right now too to everybody, who could be interested.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

We seem to be doing OK even without PayPal. I'm eager to see how much more we'll see once PayPal is available.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

I signed up with Facebook literally just a few minutes before I found out that Freeborn has been revived (thanks to Goldenwolfen posting about it on DeviantArt). Naturally, this news was the first thing I started sharing.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

OK, I couldn't wait. I contributed.

FREEBORN NOW HAS ITS FIRST ASSOCIATE PRODUCER!!!

Come on, people, let's get those phones ringing!
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

This is great! I'm looking real forward to this! :)
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!

Post by Trinity »

Money is a no go for me at this time. It breaks my heart, as I so want to give at least the 200. GAH! To get my paws on the MDK, dude that's what I went to school for and involving werewolves! *sighs*

However, I'm more then willing to promote, and help in any other way I am able. Graphics, link banners, more emoticons with ducks. ;)

:roflmao: :wolfpaint:
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Blackpaw

Post by Blackpaw »

It's back on! Dis makes me happy
NewClouds

Post by NewClouds »

I'm so glad GoldenWolf posted this up on DeviantArt! I had no idea such wonderful revolution has been going on all these years!!! I'll try my best to contribute and pass this on :) :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Those who can't contribute money today, don't lose heart. There will be plenty of steps along the way--we're still in the first round, of setting everything up. Between now and having a finished film in the can, a lot of things can happen to you, the world, or the economy. You may yet be able later.

Money aside, you're already contributing, just by being here. We the Pack are the whole reason Freeborn exists. (or rather, will exist) If we end up revolutionizing film-making with crowd-casting and movie development kits, then so much the better--all of us will have helped bring about twenty-first century interactive movie-making.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Scott Gardener wrote:Those who can't contribute money today, don't lose heart. There will be plenty of steps along the way--we're still in the first round, of setting everything up. Between now and having a finished film in the can, a lot of things can happen to you, the world, or the economy. You may yet be able later.
Money aside, you're already contributing, just by being here. We the Pack are the whole reason Freeborn exists. (or rather, will exist) If we end up revolutionizing film-making with crowd-casting and movie development kits, then so much the better--all of us will have helped bring about twenty-first century interactive movie-making.
Very well and true spoken Mr. Assossiate Producer :wink: Every support IS support...with money, with making PR, with being here, with talking about Freeborn, with discussing about what a werewolf should be...with simply everything.
But I really want it to be the end of the month, so that I can give some bucks too...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I wish I was rich! >.<
I hope I can help donate sometime soon! (having one of them werewolf paw statues would be sweet) lol

In the meantime, I promoted it in a journal on one of my art site thingys. So hopefully others will see that and help spread the word/donate.

I wish you luck AB!
:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
ladygrail
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Lady Grail
Mood: Happy

Post by ladygrail »

Aloha All
Should we start a separate post for ideas on how to promote and gain interest for this movie? I figured this might be the best place but also directly on the youtube channel. I already put up several ideas but here they are again along with some more. :D

Perks Ideas:
1. Some people really like to get signed copies of the script, posters, cast photos etc.
2. Have famous WW artists donate art to the movie of the characters in their wolf forms or changing etc. There are ton of them on deviantart.com and furaffinity.com
3. Reach out to the comic book authors who already do were wolf comics and have them help promote: Some titles could be under Peter is the Wolf (warning this is both a clean and adult site! but amazing art!); Spinnerette that has a werewolf from Canada as a reoccuring character; Pargadigm Shift which is about a lady cop who gets turned into a werewolf, are just a few that I follow. I am certain there are more. Heck there are a ton of werewolves in things like manga.

Networking Ideas
1. The next is I saw the pack message board and people have dropped off it because it feels 'done' kinda. I know I got my brother back on but there are a ton of people who are friends with each other on the boards and maybe it could have a reach out and revive interest movement through the pack boards.
2. There are werewolf conventions and get someone there to promote the film again.
3. Try to get cast members of other werewolf movies to talk about the films and have the videos on youtube - everything from Ginger Snaps to American Werewolf in Paris to Twilight to True Blood to Teen Wolf (this last one is trending big time) heck, the good the bad the pretty and the ugly. I'd stick to the actual actors who played the werewolves 8)
4. Touch base with authors of books about werewolves to see if they would be willing to promote the film again youtube is great for this. :howl:  :oo

Art Ideas:
1. I'd suggest a new teaser trailer perhaps at some point.
2. Contests always draw in interest - at deviantart you could have fan submit everything from poster ideas, t-shirt ideas that the characters could wear as costumes in the movie, you could have people write fanfiction for those who want to see a sequel and have it rated on the site or short stories as to some of the character's back stories and these are all just writing contest ideas.
3. If you get promotion of a graphic novelist on board after the movie is made you can release the graphic novel of the movie as well and people can compete for this slot the the graphic novel can have signed copies for those who really helped get the movie made

I will no doubt think of more things but that is a start.

TTFN

LG
keweymarsupial
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by keweymarsupial »

This project has been on and off my own radar for years. It's great to see a crowdfunding phase finally kick off and it's really cool of you to post a screenplay.

I read through the script this afternoon and found it to be a fresh and thoughtful take on werewolves. I think the world really needs this movie in it - and not just for That One Bit (oh how my inner gorehound cackled) but because there's so little like it around and it feels like a labour of love for everyone involved. (Though why would what's-her-name not have tried acid? "I've never tried acid but that's what i imagine it would feel like" is ok, but "I thought i was having an acid flashback.." makes for a slightly more interesting character and sets up what happens later. Just my 2c. (I figure i may as well jam my foot in my mouth as i delurk, get it over with, line in question is probably not even in the script anymore, etc.)) I'd have done things differently, but this is Anthony's project and i'm free to go write my own werewolf story (with blackjack.. and hookers..)

The MDK is an awesome idea. Blender Foundation have done similar things in the past with their Open Movies, giving away all their 3D assets under Creative Commons with pre-orders. They've got one in production right now with the title Project Mango which is going to be live-action and Blender's about to get a shedload of tools over the course of 2012 which should make it much better for live action work. If you stick with Blender, i hope there's some .blend files in that MDK to play with too. :)

I'm really fascinated to know what changes were requested by potential production companies/distributors aside from the lesbian werewolf sex scene, if they're not subject to NDAs. Were they all that asinine?

Anyway. My 17-year-old self would have really, really liked Freeborn, even though he was an insufferable know-it-all and spent all my savings on CDs. Thusly, US$200 is now yours. Good luck!
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper

Post by Noir-Okami »

It's been a while since I've been on here and seeing this announcement has me crying from happiness.

Good luck with all of this!
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!

Post by Trinity »

Spread the word, stir up interest in the cons you might go to, send people here, to indie gogo, to youtube, etc. :)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

i hope that my 5 dollars helps out :) i know its been a long time since i been on here im sorry for not being online much :((
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
W53
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by W53 »

AB, Is there a Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts or similar org in your neck of the woods? You might be able to save on legal fees that way, potentially. I've used my regional VLAA for probono legal help for my work (photography) with contracts/negotiation and accounting.
" 'Marietta says that we must not be hasty. [...] They will hunt by daylight, which offers no threat to us. And then, soon, she believes that they will come to their senses. But I remember the hunt, and I can't share her faith.' "
--"Nadya" by Pat Murphy, p.88
Chaotic_Havok

Post by Chaotic_Havok »

I have to say that this is the best thing in the WORLD. I've been a luper-fan for a while but havent found much in the ways of anyone doing movies such as this. This is such an awesome project and I hope that everything works out. I have been spreading the word for about a month now, since I found it on Goldenwolfen's page Via facebook. A large thank you for Goldenwolfen for this information that she had posted. Keep goin' guys and thank you for everything you're doing.
Chaotic_Havok
ookamianiyou
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by ookamianiyou »

NewClouds wrote:I'm so glad GoldenWolf posted this up on DeviantArt! I had no idea such wonderful revolution has been going on all these years!!! I'll try my best to contribute and pass this on :) :D
I agree I had no idea until she posted that journal. I honestly feel like I've been missing out on contributing to the whole thing but I guess we can do everything we can now, right?
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I only just now heard about this. Only came back to the boards a week or two ago after a hiatus. This sure is a pleasant thing to see. Public funding is a great idea. Sure, I may still take an undetermined amount of time to accumulate the funds, but at least it's happening.

Welcome back FREEBORN, to the world of possibility!

Welcome back Anthony, to The Pack!

:howl:  :oo

I would certainly be honored to volunteer my time and talents to the Freeborn project if I am wanted or needed. If not, no prob. After college in New Mexico, there was some time spent working with special effects, CGI, and on crew as an on-site compositing tech. Although a bit rusty, lately I've been practicing art skills in some independent video game design as a texture artist and modeler. As an actor I have only been an extra in a few films, one being Serving Sara (2002 starring Matthew Perry). I don't have an agent anymore, but could get one if needed. By comparison I'm still a bit inexperienced in the film world.

If I win the lottery, I'll donate everything ya need. hwlwnk
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora