Hair dye...what happens?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Nyyrikki
Mood: RAR!

Hair dye...what happens?

Post by Nyyrikki »

Well this is a rather weird question, but I feel the urge to ask nonetheless. What do you think happens to the werewolf's fur if he/she dyes his/her hair? I mean what color is it gonna be? The color of the dye or the natural color? Or, god help me, is it gonna stay natural with having let's say the fur on the head turn the other color? :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Re: Hair dye...what happens?

Post by Scott Gardener »

My werewolves retract and absorb fur or hair when shifting, though not perfectly; some shedding happens, about the equivalent of the amount of hair shed or sloughed during a vigorous shower scrubbing. Dirtier hair or fur is shed more. Hair that has been treated with chemicals will fall out.

One nasty weapon used by anti-werewolf hate groups in the near-future, when their existence in my storyline goes public, is spray paint. Certain brands and colors are toxic, and one must not shift form until contaminated hair or fur can be shed.

On the plus side, werewolves can learn over time to make their hair grow or retract. Bad hairdo? Just cut it all off and grow another one. It's a fair trade-off for all the extra work one has to do shaving and restyling after every shift.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

My werewolves, when it comes to hair dye, just have their hair that was dyed stay that color (so the fur on their head would not match their body's fur color). Most of my characters don't, except for a vampire, so it's never really brought up in the story.
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I guess that dyeing your hair as a werewolf would be a frustratingly pointless thing to do.
:lol:

If the mane grows out, then perhaps the tips of the hair will remain the dyed color. That means that after the transformation back to human, the dye would be gone. That would also imply that a hair style would be lost too....how frustrating!!

Or maybe the mane grows around the human hair -- that is the only scenario I can think of that would preserve the dye job during and after the shift.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

I totally agree with you on that, Outward.
I think all of that frustration can easily be avoided if said werewolf just doesn't dye his/her hair.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1