What will you do...?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
wolfwand
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: A men who is pure of heart...

What will you do...?

Post by wolfwand »

If you was just in front of a full shifted werewolf in the moonlight... and alone :wink:
Honestly!
I will probably get all blushing and giggle... I might even start fangirling :lol: or well fanboying!
Now that makes me think... What will the werewolf do? I can think he might get angry and swipe me with his claws or just be puzzled XD
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: What will you do...?

Post by Volkodlak »

I would be scared because i tought werewolfs arent real and wait what werewolf would do there is no point in running because you cant outrun it and if you run and hes good WW his predatory instncts could take hold of him and he would chase you.
wolfwand
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by wolfwand »

Lovely reply... And very smart too :wink:
I didn't think of it until now... Is impossible to run from a werewolf... :o
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If it leaves me alone, I leave it alone.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

nice one meeper i got one more if you lose your bladder control he could distance himself from you because of smell :)
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:nice one meeper i got one more if you lose your bladder control he could distance himself from you because of smell :)
That sounds more like a Marvel comics mutant super power that didn't get past the censor. Skunk boy? :roll: .
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i was joking
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

So was I :)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p11d-8gAstc

That said, even if I wasn't too ****ing scared to think, I'd probably just stand there and stare anyway.

I mean. . . What are my other options?

1) Run? 99% chance it results in the werewolf chasing after me.

2) Hide? From something with heightened hearing and smell? And even if I could get away, what's to stop him from hunting me down later? I've got a pretty distinct appearance, and I mostly wear print shirts from thrift stores. Even if we only meet up again by chance, he'll definitely recognize me.

3) Fight? What am I going to do? Stab him with my house keys?

4) Approach and be like "Oh wow! Cool!" like a fanboy? Yeah, that's not likely to creep them out and/or convince them I need to be rubbed out.

So I wouldn't do anything. I'd just remain where I am and try to remain calm. And if the werewolf looks my way, I'd try to read his body language for fight-or-flight, and unless he's registering above 90% of the fight detection, I'd wave him off, say "I don't judge" if he's within earshot, and walk the other way.

I figure I'll have at least equal chances of escaping with all of my limbs intact, maybe even more so if I just dumbfounded the werewolf into "stupid face mode" himself. Plus, during that inevitable chance encounter, the chances of the werewolf following me home to rub me out later will be reduced.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

3) Fight? What am I going to do? Stab him with my house keys?

well if you dont freeze you could strangle him if hes in full wolf form by pushing it too the ground or you can grab a rock or something and hit him while you are holding him down, but you will probably be bitten in process and injured for sure
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:well if you dont freeze you could strangle him if hes in full wolf form by pushing it too the ground or you can grab a rock or something and hit him while you are holding him down, but you will probably be bitten in process and injured for sure
That's funny, if a werewolf was easy enough for me to wrestle onto the floor, I wouldn't need to beat him up or strangle him, I'm...rather heavy, I could just sit on him and wait till he stops struggling :lol: .

The Meeper.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:well if you dont freeze you could strangle him if hes in full wolf form by pushing it too the ground or you can grab a rock or something and hit him while you are holding him down, but you will probably be bitten in process and injured for sure

Two points:

1) If a werewolf is so pathetic that a guy who wears size 6 shoes could wrestle him to the ground and/or strangle him, that would eliminate any incentive I'd have to do so.

2) If I get bitten and infected, the very last thing I want to do is kill and/or incapacitate the only person who could possibly clue me in as to what that entails.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Terastas said it better than I could. I'd just like to add that while I'm a bit of a werewolf fan, I've had personal experience with aggressors before, and I'd treat an aggressive werewolf much the same. I'll put up with a lot, but if they make me feel at risk of injury and they're daft enough to let me subdue them, then I will be having the police deal with them, and I probably would press assault charges.

On a side note, while I wouldn't willfully kill or permanently harm an aggressive werewolf any more readily than any other person or animal, I do have a snapping point beyond which I stop giving a flying fig-leaf about my assailant's well being and will stop them by whatever method ends up doing the job. Getting bitten probably would be that snapping point. Then have the police deal with him.

The police can do all the evil information chasing, and if said werewolf tries to bluff about the whole werewolf thing, well, since he infected me, I'll gladly provide the evidence of there existence myself, as part and parcel of having myself medically treated for whatever manifestations occur in me.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. If it leaves me alone, I leave it alone.

Of course, if not leaving me alone involves wanting me to throw a tennis ball for him to chase, I'm game for that too 8) .

The Meeper.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

ok, let me say this many people here are in favor of conservation of mass so you will probably fight a werewolf that could have same weight than you if not even slightly heavier or lighter Werewolf so you can wrestle him and in feral form hes in disadvantage.He can lose if human knows how too defeat the attacking dog and if he does not freeze.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:ok, let me say this many people here are in favor of conservation of mass so you will probably fight a werewolf that could have same weight than you if not even slightly heavier or lighter Werewolf so you can wrestle him and in feral form hes in disadvantage.He can lose if human knows how too defeat the attacking dog and if he does not freeze.
Umm, what compels you to nit pick these various scenarios lovec? Yeah a werewolf (or any critter for that matter) may or may not be bigger or stronger than joe average in absolute terms. And the rock/paper/scissors back and forth of skill versus power versus speed versus special unique talents and all the other variables can tip the advantages one way or the other when they sidestep the advantage of those competing size/strength attributes. I can have my butt handed to me in functional strength terms by a 85 pound werewolf that has the approximate physical attributes of a chimpanzee, despite me being being nearly 300 pounds while still having a chest measurement that's larger than my waist. I can still win by wielding my bicycle like a baseball bat and beating said werewolf to a bloody pulp with it. And a person skilled with handling aggressive 4 legged animals both large and small probably has a leg up in dealing with a comperable variety of 4 legged werewolf bodies.

The variables of how it can play out are as varied as all the animal kingdom, or at least in this case the differences between all of humanity and what a wolf is. And we can sit here wasting away our lives like many a martial arts geek pondering the endless stream of possibilities. Just absorb these underlying principles already and move on, we don't need to work the problems explicitly all the time :P .

The Meeper.
Last edited by Meeper on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

not sure, but just trying too show that there are so many variables in scenarios and besides smebody has too do it :)
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Between the two of us Lovec I think we've covered the bases well enough. Back on my old forum haunt they had a couple of related terms for it, it's called post inflation, resulting in poor noise to signal ratio.

And actually no, someone doesn't have to do it, this has all been done before, and better, in other more relevant communities. That information has long since filtered through to the other communities, of which this is one. Even I can't help having absorbed some of it, dumb as I am, and even studied some of it myself. The fighting and martial arts coolness which spawned the urge to ponder the endless ways "I can win!" filtered down to little me sitting in my bedroom far away from the as yet none existent internet as a kid, listening to stories of awe about how a skinny dude called Bruce Lee trained himself to be able to beat the stuffing out of the lot of us, and if we have a go, maybe we can be like him too.

Fast forward a few decades I'm still nowhere near, and have to settle with my realities the best I can, like everybody else. Bruce lee, were he still alive, would be an old man now, no doubt still capable of putting me in my grave, but I tell you what, I could probably go toe to toe with him in a quake 3 arena deathmatch!

What's my point? in the 60s and 70s Bruce Lee along with some other people in other areas of life brought these to a fresh faced world who never heard of it before. Now? It's mass marketed in video games for everyone and their grandma to find out and experience from the comfort of their favourite armchair. We don't need to do it.

The Meeper.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

ok, i will try stop telling facts and just go with the flow and dont forget we have diffrent views on things. as for you vs Bruce Lee fact is if you use your weight in combat you can win same with werewolf.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Facts are good, when there's a valid reason to state them. You do seem to state them for the sake of stating them though, often when one of your proposed scenarios for discussion has been soundly debunked, seemingly in order to continue an otherwise redundant discussion, to the detriment of more meaningful insights.

I won't distract you by citing examples based on one of the scenarios, I don't want to waste any more energy on a discussion that goes round in an endless circle of speculation and debunking.

The Meeper.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

ok, i will think about this and we should go back ontopic
wolfwand
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by wolfwand »

I never thought someone will dare to fight a werewolf! I have always imagine them having an epic stare...
Thought... Werewolves always fight physically... Which... Makes them vulnerable to a strong human... How revealing!

What if the werewolves have secret werewolves police officers? That will be so sexy :cop:
Maybe they protect their pack members... You know to keep the pack in secret and they have their own werewolves jail with cuffs and stuffs :blush:
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

wolfwand wrote:I never thought someone will dare to fight a werewolf! I have always imagine them having an epic stare...
Thought... Werewolves always fight physically... Which... Makes them vulnerable to a strong human... How revealing!

What if the werewolves have secret werewolves police officers? That will be so sexy :cop:
Maybe they protect their pack members... You know to keep the pack in secret and they have their own werewolves jail with cuffs and stuffs :blush:
i would fight him if i was attacked by him otherwise i would not seek a fight with werewolf because im not crazy or have a death wish
wolfwand
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by wolfwand »

Yeah! I wouldn't even try to fight a werewolf... I'm made to love and not to fight :lol:
Maybe the werewolf see me as not a possible attacker and just go away...
I'm surprised no one reply to try to play dead... I bet the werewolf will lol or go like ?? What the...?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:not sure, but just trying too show that there are so many variables in scenarios and besides smebody has too do it :)
Yes, but sometimes it feels like you're just fighting for the sake of fighting; like it seriously bothers you whenever somebody makes a valid point or posted the last message in a thread. Nine times out of ten, you're either reiterating a point that's already been made or presenting something from the "OMFG that would never happen" category as if you're astonished we never thought of it before.
wolfwand wrote:I'm surprised no one reply to try to play dead... I bet the werewolf will lol or go like ?? What the...?
If the werewolf caught you doing it, he'd probably think you fainted. Which, unfortunately, wouldn't be an unusual enough reaction to induce a ?? response from the werewolf, and it wouldn't do anything to convince the werewolf you're not a liability either.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

meybe you are right.

Terastas i think fainting would be rare in case of coming face to face with a werewolf(feral form), but it wouldnt be rare in case of coming face to face with werewolf in hybrid form, because werewolf in feral form looks like wolf and there is not anything so scary about a wolf or a wolf pack too cause fainting so WW would think you are faking it so he may try too test if witness is faking it or not. Liability of a fainted witness is a tricky one, but in my point of view best action in case of real fainting is is wait for witness too start waking up then leave if hes faking it just leave.