How would a Were in human form dress?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

How would a Were in human form dress?

Post by Grey »

What I mean is, what kind of clothes fits the Wolfish Style?
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: How would a Were in human form dress?

Post by Volkodlak »

it depends from werewolf to werewolf some werewolfs will dress in real nice clothes like jeans, but some will dress in more practical clothes so there is less chance they will destroy them when they change.

I belive each werewolf is unique and so is their wardrope i personally would wear lose fitting clothes so they surivive the change.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

If just clothes (not fashion accessories or jewelry) then probably something fairly rustic as an overall look. Rustic, but clean.

- Weathered leather and denim.

- Custom made shoes/boots with robust replaceable soles/toe box and low gloss matt textured uppers.

- Thick luxuriant shirt using heavy fabric like denim, but with softer texture and weave. plain white or pastel colours, maybe some patterning.

- Wool socks (excuse the "sheep under your feet" connotations :P ).

- Optional hat, I don't know hats so I have no suggestions there.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Two things would factor in (or at least they do in Inhuman):

1) A werewolf's tendency to bleed easily.
2) A werewolf's risk of shifting, or needing to shift, at any possible given moment.

Ergo, werewolves have three priorities for their clothing:

1) Machine washable.
2) Loose fitting and capable of being worn in either form.
3) Cheap enough that it can be bought in bulk and disposed of as soon as it gets torn up (or worn at a crime scene)

So I figure werewolves would wear a lot of second-hand thrift store clothing, especially T-shirts and (forgive me, but it makes sense from a practical standpoint) sweat pants or pajama pants.
Tovarich_Volk
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Tovarich_Volk »

Anything from jeans and T-shirts to Armani and Prada. -- They'd simply remove the clothes before changing, and reclothe after changing back.
Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Kveldulf »

Depends on what they're doing.

I suspect that most werewolves would be inclined to rural life, so one would probably see a lot of jeans and flannel shirts... a bit of the lumbersexual aesthetic! (not to mention that if one is inclined to date non-werewolves, one is probably going to find more wolf-positive potential dates among them who likes the outdoorsy thing to begin with)...and sweats and T-s when shifting seemed likely. Plus whatever "nice clothes" are appropriate for meals out (er, non-wolf-catered meals out, that is), parties, dates, and professions where one is supposed to look "professional".
Another advantage to being a werewolf in some specialties within the medical profession: scrubs! Cheap, light, easily shredded in case of an unplanned shift. And really, how many high-level professions are there where you can get away with walking around in what are effectively your PJs at work all day? Some werewolves probably don't even like the whole "clothes" thing all that much, depending on just how totally integrated they are with their inner wolves, and scrubs are just perfect in that regard.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

Post by Chance »

Even if I was a shapeshifting fur beast I'd still like to a little fashionable :P

Though I don't doubt all purchases would entail, lol, a quick thought to functionality. Jeans nowadays are made with more spandex so that would def come in handy. Don't think I could give up my addid's though. Had them for too long and well, they fit like a glove. Though more vans might sneak their way into my wardrobe given they have a bit more toe room. Overall I don't think my style would change all that much, nor the style of any shifter unless they were looking to be thrifty and frugal. Clothes really aren't cheap unless your shopping at the second hand store and even then, sometimes I'm supprised how expensive some items can be.
If you're looking for a kind of iconic werewolf look, I think edgy comes to mind. I mean you've got strength and power lurking just under the skin. That would def come off in your personal style. Well, one would suppose and anywho :P
DW13
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: DTWX
Mood: Ruthless

Post by DW13 »

Loose clothing, such as standard shirts and pants/shorts. Also, NO SHOES! The reason being is their natural heightened senses of touch & the ability of knowing their surroundings. Several topics of media have explored this subject including an episode of "Love, Death & Robots" among others.
That, and it's more beneficial: https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/ ... g-barefoot
If that being true for the average Human, just imagine how it would be like for a Lycanthrope? 8)