The ultimate question... FRESH OR COOKED?!

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

The ultimate question... FRESH OR COOKED?!

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Based on a rarely-if-ever touched topic of Urban Werewolves VS Forest Werewolves, there eventually comes the most pressing question of all:

Fresh meat, or cooked meat?

Okay, before you furballs start laughing, think about it - whether played seriously or just for comedy or as social commentary, this could be a legitimate debate of varying degrees of intelligence.

On one side, you have a slick-looking wolf wearing a snazzy set of custom-tailored clothing, with a barbecue fork and some tongs, standing next to a bunch of seasonings and spices, and his/her average but functional grill, making all sorts of different meat dishes that humans all know and love throughout history.

And on the other side, you have a bunch of naked, fluffy murder machines, blood all over them, maybe one of them carrying a sharpened bone knife, because maker only knows why they're practically Amish about what tools they allow their non-family pack members to use, and is raving about how meat tastes the best when it's raw and bloody and... mixed... with animal hide. Um, okay.

The thing is, at its dumbest, it's a pissing match like two drunk Australians shouting at each other over the fence about whether or not Ford or Holden is the best. At its smartest, it could teach other werewolves about proper nutrition, among other things, while still being funny.

Thoughts?
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: The ultimate question... FRESH OR COOKED?!

Post by Volkodlak »

In my view:

they can eat both,but i belive that most of the time they will eat cooked one, becouse thats normal for them and for normal humans around.
That being said it totaly depends on a preson their bodys can take in human and wolf food so vegetarians can eat only their food in all forms and be healthy.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

... No, you're missing the point of this topic. This isn't serious fluff about what a werewolf should be, this is about two different clashing opinions based on personal taste.

You know... Which is more delicious? Console VS PC? Which is best?

I didn't really think this topic through, did I?
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Aha so my answer is cooked meat
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I know, right? Not to take fresh meat for granted, but there's such an enormous list of dishes you can make out of cooking meat, you'd be missing out on so much that it's almost ridiculous. Even campfire cooking has a considerable menu for any skilled chef.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

I see a werewolf in the kitchen with pots and pans and mixing bowls, licking the raw meaty goodness off a burger spatula like most people lick sweet unbaked cake mix from a wooden spoon :) . They know they shouldn't but can't help it.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Meeper wrote:I see a werewolf in the kitchen with pots and pans and mixing bowls, licking the raw meaty goodness off a burger spatula like most people lick sweet unbaked cake mix from a wooden spoon :) . They know they shouldn't but can't help it.

The Meeper.

"MUM! DAD'S GOT HIS SLOBBER ON THE CAKE AGAIN!"
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

JoshuaMadoc wrote:
Meeper wrote:I see a werewolf in the kitchen with pots and pans and mixing bowls, licking the raw meaty goodness off a burger spatula like most people lick sweet unbaked cake mix from a wooden spoon :) . They know they shouldn't but can't help it.

The Meeper.

"MUM! DAD'S GOT HIS SLOBBER ON THE CAKE AGAIN!"
"Mum! Have you heard the news? Dad's got a pay rise at his new job as chief taster at that posh sushi bar. They're doing a RIP-ROARING trade now!" :wink: .

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Oh god, imagine when you don't have time to change back to a human, and you HAVE to cook something for the fam. You might as well become a giant walking rubber glove, else you'd have your hair all over the stew and salad. Or worse, one of your guests gets infected because you cut yourself without knowing, and forgot all about cleaning up.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

^^well you certinaly have funny ideas Joshua. About blood: If blood gets into food you need to start over with that food, but i belive blood would not couse person becoming a werewolf :D
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

It's funny because hygiene is also a real problem. Nobody likes hairy soup. At least, no one that I know.
Drachona
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Drachona »

At this point in time, it seems like more people would tend towards cooked meat, not as a matter of preference but as a result of thousands of years of exposure. Humans and those wolves who would go on to become domesticated ate cooked meat. The theory is that cooking the meat made it easier to chew, and so the jaw muscles in humans decreased in size. Since the jaw muscles anchor on the skull, their decreased size allowed the cranium the chance to expand and the brain to grow larger. This did not seem to happen for dogs, especially not now after so much selective breeding, but our long association with human society has moved eating cooked meat away from a mere choice and made it more of an unquestioned norm. The inherent nature of being a werewolf is that we cannot be entirely human nor can we be entirely wolf. Eating solely raw meat is about as unlikely for us as being vegetarian. Not impossible, just unlikely.
Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Kveldulf »

I say both. Remember, even our natural cousins in the wild quite like eating berries and such. Sometimes I think it's a shame to ruin a particularly nice cut of red meat or a lovely fresh fat salmon with fire, and often I don't (even vanilla humans often eat steak tartare, carpaccio, and sushi or sashimi)...but then, a sensitive lupine nose goes with a keen lupine sense of taste, and I am also a very good cook, with a passion for experimenting with some of the less-known mediaeval herbs and flavourings (not always successfully, but that's why they're called experiments). Plus, I have at times been caretaker and legal guardian of full-time canid family members with some very recent wolf ancestry, and their tastes have included everything from a mad passion for raw carrots to every kind of dairy product imaginable.
I'm just glad that werewolves don't have the same issues with chocolate that natural canids do! That would be bad...that would be very, very bad...