Increased Healing

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Should werewolves be able to heal faster?

Yes
86%
No
8%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
5%

Total votes: 73

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah I can agree, the body can slowly push the bullet out as it heals.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Yeah I can agree, the body can slowly push the bullet out as it heals.
Key word "Slowly".

...though nothing like in Underworld. Having something lodged in you flesh is a Bad thing, no matter WHAT you are.

Regardless of how unhealthy and dangerous it would be, following biological tendencies, if the bullet was not manually removed, the wound Would likely heal over the shell, which would lead to infection and a great deal of pain.

The speed at which I imagine the body could expell the shell on it's own would be so painfully slow (days, at least) that the werewolf (enhanced/accelerated healing or not) would likely be better off re-opening the wound themselves to extract it than to suffer through the process of letting their bodies work it out on its own.

(Allthough, thier enhanced biology would likely make them far more capable of surviving and remaining functional while a bullet WAS lodged in them...perhaps in a place too risky to go in after...untill their body could manage to work it out... centimeter by centemeter.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Prowler wrote:You also wouldn't want your skin healing over a bullet wound with the shell inside, moving around could cause real pain surely.
That's usually what happens though. If there is a foreign object in the body, like a bullet, the body will surround it with collagen, encapsulating it.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Fast healing, or not, I'd use my claws to dig out the bullet if necessary.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

...though not in the middle of a bad situation. Wait till all the baddies are dead.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

I thank only Raze and Lucian had that power because other werewolves in the movie died a lot quicker. You got to remember Raze was 200years old and Lucian well rally we shouldn’t compare him to the other werewolves in the movie. He was a lot stronger and faster. I think they were try to show how he was different from the other werewolves not only could he push out pullets but he seems to be the only one capably of half transforming. He seemed to have a lot of control over his body. He could have forced the bullet out by retracting the musicals. He also ran fast so he probably some how controlled his metabolism and blood pressure which gives me know doubt he would easily be ably to heal most of his wounds quicker than the other werewolves by forcing more blood to the wound kind of sounds like a oxymoron but its not. :hannibalwolf:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Raze was my favorite character in that movie, I hate the director for letting him die like that! :( :cry:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Raze was my favorite character in that movie, I hate the director for letting him die like that! :( :cry:
You should file a lawsuit, then.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
00airknight
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: The cool guy

Post by 00airknight »

well well id have to say that wws can heal faster. not tooo fast i suppose but they can heal faster than humans definately.

PS: how do i get a stinkin picture on this it won't let me do it lazily. I want to do it but i don't want to spend more than a hour doing it[/img]
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

Werewolves should most definately have a sense of enhanced healing. Looking at it from a more scientific standpoint, it seems logical. Werewolves, because they change to and fro from human to werewolf :shift: , would very likely have a highly advanced metabolism. One advantage of a highly advanced metabolism is enhanced healing. Not like regrowing a limb or anything, but healing a bullet wound in a few days seems possible. The advanced metabolism would also help fight infection and disease, so for the wound to get infected is not very likely.

I'm not saying they should should be able to push out bullets like in Underworld, or seem like unstobble bullet magnets like in Dog Soldiers, but they wouldn't die so easily as from a knife in Ginger Snaps. They'd most like be in the middle. Going with the supernatural stadpoint though, silver should be able to prevent the regernation and cause infection.
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

hahahaha I wrote all most the same thing for limbe reganeration
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Hmm, but it was interesting seeing werewolves take up so much bullets in Dog Soldiers. :D

*Shoots a werewolf* TATATATATATATA
My GOD, it cant be reason with, it cant be bargain with and absolutely will not stop, until we are dead!!! :lol:
Image Image
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Now what would be fun, from the werewolf's perspective, would be, actually, to bargain. Imagine... nothing the hmans can do but agree to all the terms :)
Sanity is relative.
Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Were-Hyaenidae-Taur

Post by Mix Bouda-Lycaon »

CrewWolf wrote:Personally I don't much like the idea of enhanced healing. A werewolf already has the ability to turn into a wolf (or some kind of part wolf or something), they don't need any extra powers. The only drawback to that is that if werewolf packs are anything like real wolf packs, a few playful nips, asserts of dominance, or even a kick in the nose by aggresive prey might become a bit more obvious when a werewolf transforms back into a human.

OMFG! f*** awsome icon... Where'd ya get it?! :lol:
I just wish I could shift... just at least once before I possibly die, or at least to witness one
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

CrewWolf: Well, accelerated healing seems an obvious side effect of shapeshifting. If you can do all the moving about and changing of cells to go from human to wolf, turning a little bit of excess fat into a patch for a newly-gained wound is nothing.

Mix Bouda-Lycaon: I don't know for sure, but to me, it looks like a gif of the Black & White 2 wolf creature doing it's 'entertain' animation, probably acquired with a model viewer.
Sanity is relative.
Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Were-Hyaenidae-Taur

Post by Mix Bouda-Lycaon »

Ralith wrote:CrewWolf: Well, accelerated healing seems an obvious side effect of shapeshifting. If you can do all the moving about and changing of cells to go from human to wolf, turning a little bit of excess fat into a patch for a newly-gained wound is nothing.

Mix Bouda-Lycaon: I don't know for sure, but to me, it looks like a gif of the Black & White 2 wolf creature doing it's 'entertain' animation, probably acquired with a model viewer.
Where can I find a model veiwer?
I just wish I could shift... just at least once before I possibly die, or at least to witness one
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Well, it would depend on the model format. I really don't know much about the internals of B&W2.
Sanity is relative.
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

Games generally use proprietary model and animation formats, usually structured to minimize procesor-intensive data processing at load time. Every game I've worked on has done something similar, either as part of a preprocessing stage (Battlezone, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Battlefront 2) or by the application itself (Battlezone 2, Star Wars: The Clone Wars). In every case, the intent was to reduce load time and code complexity by converting data into forms similar to the internal structures used by the animation and rendering systems. B&W2 is likely the same, though I could be wrong. :D
wolfboy410
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: wrath

Re: Increased Healing

Post by wolfboy410 »

i believe they should have the ability to regenerate not like instantly like if they get a finger chopped off it shuld take atleast a day to regenerate it but not instantly that would make them too much of a threat and wh ywould we snapp at you for mentioning underworld i love that movie sure the werewolves and hybrid looked kinda gay but it was still pretty cool :D