Increased Healing

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Should werewolves be able to heal faster?

Yes
86%
No
8%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
5%

Total votes: 73

greniar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: the scholar

Post by greniar »

canines (including wolves)do have an increased healing rate. its not outlandishly fast but it is still faster than a humans. case in point 1:one of my aunts dogs got nutered(if thats how you spell it) he lost alot of blood and almost died, 2 days later he's fine 2:my cousin's dog was bitten by a copperhead (for those who dont know, its a hghly poisonous snake, the bite didnt even affect him.
GRIFFON:I'm Griffon ,and I'm a werewolf
GIRL:your crazy!
GRIFFON:Perhaps I was too forward.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

mm, resurrected topics.

Anyway, in reply to the first post; who says realism doesn't involve healing? If you can grow an entire tail in a matter of minutes...
Sanity is relative.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Ralith Lupus wrote:mm, resurrected topics.

Anyway, in reply to the first post; who says realism doesn't involve healing? If you can grow an entire tail in a matter of minutes...
Well, technically, we already have a tail...
It's just that, in those werewolves who have tails, the vertebrae in the tailbone unfuse and grow bigger/longer.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

It's still a very large and quick change. The muzzle is an equally appropriate example. If shifting powers of that level exist, at the very least accelerated normal healing should be applicable.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Apokryltaros wrote:Well, technically, we already have a tail...
It's just that, in those werewolves who have tails, the vertebrae in the tailbone unfuse and grow bigger/longer.
I see where he's coming from, though. It's still a large increase in the mass and structure that happens very quickly.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

growing the tail is the simple part. What happens to it when changing back to human form is what confuses me. Where does the mass go? :?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

It would get re-absorbed into the body. A tail's worth of mass would be very easy to redistribute.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:It would get re-absorbed into the body. A tail's worth of mass would be very easy to redistribute.
Ok, that makes sense.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Yeah, anything under a 10 or so pounds would be more than easy enough to hide. I've gained and lost that much and never noticed until I stepped on the scale.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Yeah, anything under a 10 or so pounds would be more than easy enough to hide. I've gained and lost that much and never noticed until I stepped on the scale.
Fat can be burned. Is that what happens to the tail?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

No, it just gets re-absorbed. All of the body's tissues can get broken down and moved elsewhere.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:No, it just gets re-absorbed. All of the body's tissues can get broken down and moved elsewhere.
I just had a terrible image of a female with a bigger butt after shifting from gestalt form. :jester2:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Haha, I can see a female watching her tail retract: "That's going to go straight to my thighs."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Haha, I can see a female watching her tail retract: "That's going to go straight to my thighs."
HA!!

Imagine if thats a tell tale sign of a werewolf.

Female with big butts could be packing a werewolf in there!! LOL!!!! :jester:

Ok...time for the females to make fun of the men. :jester:
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

I think, perhaps, the mass would distribute itself evenly.

Since noone's disagreeing with me, I'll just have to have an argument with myself, I guess :wink: .

Perhaps the shifitng abilities are relatively fixed, and largely inapplicable to injuries. Extrapolating from that, I could imagine only faster normal healing in any one form, and perhaps more major healing across a shift, depending on how exactly the shifting works.
Sanity is relative.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Lupin wrote:Haha, I can see a female watching her tail retract: "That's going to go straight to my thighs."
I can see it as well....*bursts out laughing*
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Perhaps the shifitng abilities are relatively fixed, and largely inapplicable to injuries. Extrapolating from that, I could imagine only faster normal healing in any one form, and perhaps more major healing across a shift, depending on how exactly the shifting works.
I could see this. Injuries would heal faster, but only if the werewolf shifted while he was injured. If he didn't then they would heal at the normal rate.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Ralith Lupus wrote:Perhaps the shifitng abilities are relatively fixed, and largely inapplicable to injuries. Extrapolating from that, I could imagine only faster normal healing in any one form, and perhaps more major healing across a shift, depending on how exactly the shifting works.
I could see this. Injuries would heal faster, but only if the werewolf shifted while he was injured. If he didn't then they would heal at the normal rate.
Now wouldn't that be dangerous? Imagine a deep wound. Or lots of tissue torn away. Wouldn't the muscles tear itself apart if he shifted?
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

If the shifting's flexible enough, I can imagine that mass would be allocated to repair injured areas.
Sanity is relative.
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

So then what would happen to the area where that mass should have been going in the first place? Random bleeding?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Now wouldn't that be dangerous? Imagine a deep wound. Or lots of tissue torn away. Wouldn't the muscles tear itself apart if he shifted?
I doubt that would really happen unless they were being used while he shifted. But there is always a point where even a werewolf's regeneration fails.
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

@Lupin: At the very least, when one can't summon up the energy to shift, or if an injury is too immidiatley fatal.

@Akela: If the system's flexible enough to manage reallocation of mass, I think it'd take it from non-necessary areas. If an injury was too large to be repaired with the mass on hand, I can imagine needing to shift multiple times along with eating quite a lot to fully repair it.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Akela wrote:So then what would happen to the area where that mass should have been going in the first place? Random bleeding?
I don't think it would be random bleeding, since it would be distributed all over the parts of the body that weren't damaged.
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

I think the underworld werewolves heal nicely. just want point out luthran was not a nomal werewolf he was the only one who could PUSH bullets out.
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

Wouldn't healing like that cause more damage? If a bullet entered your lungs pushing it out wouldn't seem the best idea to me. You also wouldn't want your skin healing over a bullet wound with the shell inside, moving around could cause real pain surely.
Increased healing: Yes but not underworld fast. Imagine the amount of energy needed to produce the new cells in such a short space of time. IMO It just isn't the best way to heal.