Half-werewolves

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:I bet the other werewolves will consider a "half werewolf" a defect.

[yoda]Make fun of him, they will.[/yoda]

Well if all of them were bitten, the would have gone through this period too, so it's not really a defect.

I'm talking about one that doesn't completely shift into a werewolf.

A Metis of some sort.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Oh, I thought you were responding to my post.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Oh, I thought you were responding to my post.
Oh...it looks that way. I forgot I clicked on "quote"
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Oh, I see. They might make fun of him, but I figure they probably wouldn't reveal themselves to the person in the first place. Too much risk.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:Oh, I see. They might make fun of him, but I figure they probably wouldn't reveal themselves to the person in the first place. Too much risk.

Unless that person can "see" them as werewolves.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

It would be much easer to deny everything in that case, since he can't prove anything.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I consider the 1940s werewolf that half breed. Just google it for cry sake its too human!!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I think Jamie has some really cool ideas 8) Should write a novel or two :D

I'm thinking maybe half-werewolves could partial shift to gestalt form. Like already said, something looking kindof like the Wolf-Man. They'd have better hearing and sense of smell in human forms(not as good as your full werewolf though) Then again, they could have close to no shifting powers at all. Only some simple things like eye color changes, getting slightly pointed teeth, claws and a bit more hairy. And lots of that 'Oh, who am I really?' stuff :wink: They would most likely really want to be either a full human or full werewolf.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Silverclaw wrote:I think Jamie has some really cool ideas 8) Should write a novel or two :D

I'm thinking maybe half-werewolves could partial shift to gestalt form. Like already said, something looking kindof like the Wolf-Man. They'd have better hearing and sense of smell in human forms(not as good as your full werewolf though) Then again, they could have close to no shifting powers at all. Only some simple things like eye color changes, getting slightly pointed teeth, claws and a bit more hairy. And lots of that 'Oh, who am I really?' stuff :wink: They would most likely really want to be either a full human or full werewolf.
I know I read a novel once that had werewolves like that, but I can't remember the name. In this novel, it took werewolves about twenty years before they became full-fledged werewolves. A newly bitten one would only have very minimal transformations and werewolfish side effects. I thought the concept was interesting, but the novel was too drenched in weird sex for me to like the novel as a whole (it had incest between a father and his little girl, among other things, yuck!).
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I think the book your thinking of is 'Caynons'. I remember it had an intresting interpratation of what werewolves are like. Even had two different 'breeds'. But a lot of gross sex with family members and children...ewww...
[spoiler]The main character had some werewolf blood in her, had night vision and could understand WW speech, though she couldnt shift.[/spoiler]
Fel
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Fel »

Half breeds?well, Ive read somewhere that it was hereditary and a dominant gene.So, there would really be no half breeds, just people with rarer and rarer werewolf genes (for lack of a better term). Other than being bitten, which is supposed to make u a full werewolf anyway, I don't think that anyone could be half breed.
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

halfbreed werewolves

Post by Ronkonkoma »

hmmm, because i think that lycantropy (spelling bad, yes) is spread by a virus or virus like organism, it is unlikely to happen unless one of the parents happened to be immune to the virus for whatever reason.....
and the end result for the half breed could be compared with a regular ww in this picture......
http://www.deviantart.com/view/12931909/

no fur or almost none at all, no real increase in muscle, height or strength.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

Hmm ... difficult question. I think if there is a Half-werewolf then this one would be the result of the mating between a 'full' human and a 'full' werewolf. The child would be a half-werewolf - but only if there are two gene-factors: one that 'constitutes' a werewolf and one that 'constitutes' a human and both of them would have to be dominant. If only one of them is dominant the child would be either full human or full werewolf.

The problem with the liquid-passed werewolf-virus is a little bit more difficult to handle. In my opinion the werewolf-virus is only passed by the saliva of an werewolf and/or only if the werewolf is in Gestalt or wolf-form. If a werewolf is in its humanform he/she is not infectiuos. This would solve the 'problem' that was seen with bodily contacts like sex and the like.

So, what happens if a Half-werewolf is bitten by a 'full' werewolf? (If this one is in Gestalt or wolf-form) I think nothing would happen, cause the immune-system of this Half-werewolf would simply fight off the virus. Otherwise it would be possible for a werelion-virus to infect a werewolf thus making this person a Half-werewolf/Half-werelion. I think if to be a werewolf is passed by heritage, the genetical structure of this werewolf would contain the information to fight off any virus, even a lycanthropy-virus.

Hopefully I was precise enough! These thoughts are still new and very very rough. Maybe some of you give me some of your thoughts about it?
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

If lycanthropy were viral, then being a half-werewolf should be in essence impossible.

If it were hereditary, then it's conceivable, but I would expect an incomplete genome of wolf and shapeshifting parts to create an unstable mess that wouldn't live very long. If you're a Trekkie, think transporter accident if you beam a wolf into a person.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Grayheart wrote: So, what happens if a Half-werewolf is bitten by a 'full' werewolf?
He becomes a three-quarters werewolf?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

half-weres kinda remind me of Uriko everytime. :|
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Isn't she a (were)cat?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

A werecat with legs like an ostrich?

Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Grayheart wrote:A werecat with legs like an ostrich?
Not an ostrich, more like an emu.
Ostriches have only two twos per foot.
-Calculon
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Okay, this was the first animal I thought of, but I didn't know, that this is the same word for it in english. Thanks for correcting me :D

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

kitetsu wrote:http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2615 ... al15zs.jpg

half-weres kinda remind me of Uriko everytime. :|
That doesn't surprise me, since Uriko is classified as a "Half-beast" Zoanthrope. In Bloody Roar: Primal Fury she looks more human than that though.
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

I'd though about how a "half-were" would turn out, since I tend to treat lycanthropy as hereditary and non-transmissible, and possibly a separate (i.e. incompatible) species. My first take was that they can only change in the range between human and gestalt, with some difficulty, and lack many lupine skills, instincts, and abilities--a human with "superpowers". My second take assumed the combination was "nonlinear", retaining "hidden" abilities like health, senses, instincts, and connection with nature, while losing "overt" abilities like changing shape. At best they could take on a "near human" (e.g. "glabro", not the silly "wolfman") form when pressed. This "weaker" version could instead be a "quarter-were". Diluted more than that, they'd end up more like "kinfolk" from Werewolf: the Apocalypse.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Half-werewolves

Post by Volkodlak »

half werewolfs

becoming half werewolf if normal WW bite you your body would need too have something difrent inside so your body will confuse the virus and not completing or creating difrent modification of your body.
halflings would probably be looked down by normal WWs and feared by humans, because halflings are something between human and WW so they would be difrent and probably very rare compared to normal werewolfs.

Abilities compared to normal WWs are specalutive but i think they are slightly weaker,slower and they heal slower than normal WWs and haflings only have two forms: base human form and Gestalt form witch is difrent from WWs gestalt form,but i think halflings have an advantage in their mind because they are more human their instincts dont change at all so they have full control in Gestalt form
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

The White Wolf games have some strict rules regarding breeding it seems: http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Breed
If both parents are human (or one is human and one is Garou), then the child is born as a homid. If both parents are wolves (or one is a wolf and one is Garou), then the child is born as a lupus. If both parents are Garou, the child is born as a metis.
Oh my oh my oh my! :hsup
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

each one have his/her opinions on halflings, but for breeding in my view if one parent is human and other is WW so child has 50% chance too be WW so werewolf or human so no halflings trough breeding, but in very rare cases human can be born to two WWs.