Should Werewolves Have Tails?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Should Werewolves Have Tails?

It's a must!
93%
I think it looks dumb
1%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
6%

Total votes: 152

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

RedEye wrote:Wolves have tails, so why not their cousins, the Werewolves? We humans DO have tails as we develop in the womb, but after a point we grow and it stops. :cry:
If Were's don't have fully articulated Big Toes, then they really need
tails for balance and manuvering.
Try this: Take any of the Werewolf Avatars here, and delete the tail by covering it. The picture loses half its impact.
Imagine Figarou sans tail. :lol: Pathetic! Were's need to have tails, or they're just not believable. :lol:
Not necisarily. tails doesnt make a werewolf believable, if for any regular (nonwerewolf fan) movie goer they may think its rediculous. For me the Van Helsing werewolf looked great, a tail wouldnt really have made that much of a difference, even though it probably would have looked better.

And Vuldari, I recent that ugly werewolf comment. I dont know every time I see someone say Ugly werewolves I automaticaly think they have my underworld werewolf images in thier heads because mostly everyone in here doesnt like the underworld lycans, and I know you like them too Vuldari. :(

Underworld Lycans are one of my favorite werewolves out there.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Just because something is likable, does not mean it is not ugly. The underworld werewolves are by no definition "beautiful". They are gross and creepy looking.

I totally respect your right to recognize the charismatic strength, intimidation factor and distinctness of them...so please do me the same favor and respect my right to tell the truth about my own opinion...that they are still ugly as Hell.

...I'm serious...I'm still sorry for giving you a hard time about it, but then why should I then not be able to tell the truth about my OWN opinion?

Take Sloth from "The Goonies". Sloth is probably my favorite character from that movie. I LOVE sloth. He is really lovable, and he rocks...and he's "UGLY" as Hell. Sloth was ugly, disgusting and gross looking. As far as I'm concerned, that is a FACT.

I acknowledge the distinctness and intimidating presence of the Werewolves from Underworld, but get off my back already. I think they are gross...

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

Calm down guys, no reason for bad thoughts, everybody has their own opinions. I like insects and most people hate them, everybody see differently :wink:
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vuldari wrote:Just because something is likable, does not mean it is not ugly. The underworld werewolves are by no definition "beautiful". They are gross and creepy looking.

I totally respect your right to recognize the charismatic strength, intimidation factor and distinctness of them...so please do me the same favor and respect my right to tell the truth about my own opinion...that they are still ugly as Hell.

...I'm serious...I'm still sorry for giving you a hard time about it, but then why should I then not be able to tell the truth about my OWN opinion?

Take Sloth from "The Goonies". Sloth is probably my favorite character from that movie. I LOVE sloth. He is really lovable, and he rocks...and he's "UGLY" as Hell. Sloth was ugly, disgusting and gross looking. As far as I'm concerned, that is a FACT.

I acknowledge the distinctness and intimidating presence of the Werewolves from Underworld, but get off my back already. I think they are gross...

Sorry Vuldari, I didnt mean to get on your back. And your right, I should be more lenient about the subject, they arent beautiful, but at some shots from what Ive seen, they seemed cute. I dont know why. Agien I am sorry, its your oppinion and I will respect it.

I regret I ever posted that now, I was just about to delete it too since I knew this wiould happen. :P
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Just because something is likable, does not mean it is not ugly. The underworld werewolves are by no definition "beautiful". They are gross and creepy looking.

Sorry Vuldari, I didnt mean to get on your back. And your right, I should be more lenient about the subject, they arent beautiful, but at some shots from what Ive seen, they seemed cute. I dont know why. Agien I am sorry, its your oppinion and I will respect it.

I regret I ever posted that now, I was just about to delete it too since I knew this wiould happen. :P
Relax...I reacted more strongly than I should have.

The Werewolves in "Underworld" are COOL...just not "Beautiful". They look like your worst nightmare.

...I am just significantly more partial to "Beautiful" things...that's all. Image ...sorry...MY BAD.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Should Werewolves Have Tails?

Post by Volkodlak »

Sorry guys im doing it again,

I voted third option because it depends on the overal design of werewolf.WW designs like goldenwolfs and freeborns need a tail, but some designs could go either way like Van Helsings and some designs like lycans would look odd with tail.

-Balance:
Feral form needs it 100%, but im not sure for hybrid form in my personal experience with stilts for costumes tail is useless because you compesate with bended knees and leaning foward when walking, but with stilts i used my feet was longer but thigh was the same lenght very similar too lycans leg design so im not sure how would be balance with shorter thigh and longer feet.

-Comunication:
im not sure how would this work, because if human mind is in control he need too understand meanings of diffrent tail position and movements. In my view WW with human mind would learn sign language, because its universal and its easier too learn because we dont have a long movable tail so you would need too learn how too move it then learn tail language while we are already familiar with hands so only thing he would need too learn sign language.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

lovec1990 wrote:some designs could go either way like Van Helsings and some designs like lycans would look odd with tail.
I disagree with that. IMO, the Van Helsing design really could use a tail. The lycan design could also use one, although it has bigger problems for me (the stubby snout, and lack of fur). I'm not sure I've seen a werewolf design that wouldn't benefit from some kind of tail, though the kind of tail would depend on what the werewolf actually looks like -- more anthro-like werewolves would obviously look good with wolf-like tails, while more monstrous and beastly werewolves could come up with something a little less fluffy looking.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Chris: each of us have his/her own opinion on how should WW look. In my view lycan would look odd with tail and beside it would be there just for cosmetic apperance
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I agree with Chris. The Van Helsing werewolves needed tails. Why have a canine head and fur if you're not going to include the tail? Other werewolves, like Underworld don't need them, but then again when I hear the word 'werewolf' the image that comes to mind really doesn't look like whatever the things in Underworld are.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

actually underworld werewolf could have them, but not Lycans as for van helsing its a choice