How Does A Werewolf Walk?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Only on two legs
2%
Only on all fours
3%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
94%

Total votes: 181

Darksong17
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Darksong17 »

How does a werewolf get about?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I think they would usually walk upright, but if they really had to move fast, they could drop down to all fours and run faster than they would otherwise.

Post by Guest »

I agree =)
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Agreed, so long as it was just a shift in stance and not another supernatural shape-changing.
Darksong17
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Darksong17 »

Yeah that's what I meant, and the above "I agree =)" was me not logged in on another computer lol
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Both =) since they are a hybrid of both wolf and man
*When you're down... howl*
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Definatly both. Four legs are best for speed and hunting. But if they are just walking around, they would be on two.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Yup, going to go with the crowd and say both here.

All fours for fast and speedy travel and two legs for walking/jogging anything else that isn't running.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

both
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Werewolf »

I like them to be able to walk both ways, while standing and just walking they should be able to balance and walk on their two rear hind legs, but are more comfortible running full stride on all fours... all though they could also walk on all fours while not running if they want to as well ^..^
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

both
Sporty Fox
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Sporty Fox »

I'll be the odd man out here and go with "on all fours". I like the pre-wolfman werewolf , one where you become a large wolf.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Sporty Fox wrote:I'll be the odd man out here and go with "on all fours". I like the pre-wolfman werewolf , one where you become a large wolf.
As long as they walk like a real wolf. Not like a gorilla.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Sporty Fox wrote:I'll be the odd man out here and go with "on all fours". I like the pre-wolfman werewolf , one where you become a large wolf.
Honestly, I'm a bit more partial to that myself. The Idea of a human suddenly becoming not human is what really attracts me to the genre the most. The sheer contrast, and psycological dilemas that would ensue from such a drastic change facinates me.

That is not to say that I hate the Wolf-Man scenario by any means. Both have their own potential for great stories. Bi-pedal werewolves open much more possibilities for dirrect human vs were conflicts.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I've really been considering on all this. Some really great input, and I think what is prevailing in my wee little mind the most is.

I like the bipedal werewolf. It has what I consider to be the best of both worlds.

In a man vs. wolf fight. The wolf would have an advantage of bite, claw, and savagery. The human would have the advantage of opposable thumbs (i'm sorry, but that IS a key factor) .. and dexterity. A pure wolf could not move as effeciently as a human could. Ergo, a bipedal wolf, with human like dexterity, and wolf like savagery is much more dangerous in my mind.

I DO believe however that it is POSSIBLE to become full wolf. After all, why not? it would be the most in touch with nature you could ever be. But in a fight? it helps to have the advantage.

Anthony Brownrigg
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Looks like this poll is simalar to another one (which was worded differently), so I'll, just quote what I wrote in that one:

"Looks like I am in the majority on this one (yea!), I said "Both" as a werewolf, being part man and part wolf, the film could artisticly convey that (plus if you read anything on the old true story of the famous French werewolf (loup garou) "The Beast of Le Gevaudan" there were reports that this werewolf was able to move "both" ways."
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I think it would be best to have them use both, but I would imagine them having a crouched, almost ready to drop to all fours stance even when walking on two legs. Oh, and lookie, first post! Woot!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Eh, would you believe werewolves almost exist?

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wha-who!!! My first post since returning from A-Kon!

I tended to think of running on all fours as being in full wolf form, while going biped in Gestalt form. That way, the Gestalt form doesn't have to have squatty legs or lanky arms, but instead can still have that slick Goldenwolf painting look that we all love so much.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked

Post by Akugarou »

At one time, I believed the only good werewolf was a bipedal one. However lately, I been thinking that four legs would make it easier for a fast get-away, or a quick and stealthy attack.

Then there's this comic, in a graphic novel that I own. A WW in full wolf mode, hid from WW hunters by blending in with other wolves at a zoo. One advantage of a 4-legged werewolf, I guess.
Draken
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Draken »

I go with the idea of having both stances, although that would either make its legs look very stubby or long lanky arms. Or a hunched appearance.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Human form: Two legs

Gestalt: Both, though not nearly as good on four legs as two however

Wolf: Four legs

:wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

How does a werewolf walk?

He places one foot in front of the other. :D
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

YA i like the idea or walking on all fours when i want or on by back legs. :howl:  :oo
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

How does a Werewolf walk?

Post by RedEye »

I don't think you'd call it a walk. Humans put their foot down, pivot at the ankle, put the other foot down...we're all quite aware of how Humans walk.
Not so for the Werewolf (at least the Digitigrade Were's). Put the Foot-Paw down, then pivot on the foot-paw and the ankle simultaneously.
It would be more of a gliding motion, very smooth, very quiet.
Humans rock from side to side (walking's a controlled fall, really)
Were's don't rock that way, they move slightly back and forward, but again only slightly.
It's really quite a graceful form of locomotion, they seem to flow more than walk. Most of the body motion stops at the waist, leaving the upper body fairly still. Running's the same, only faster.
As quadrupeds, they don't run, they leap, clearing the ground completely, again with amazing gracefulness.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Biruka
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Biruka »

I think in gestalt form werewolf can switch two to four leg walking.