Your ideal werewolf

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

I recall that the hair doesn't really 'grow' after death, but rather comes out of their *goes to look the word from dictionary, doesn't find it, shrugs and starts the stupid explonations*. *gives up on explaining*

My werewolf would be a sort of sympathetic, handsome (little bit like me :wink: ) and quite confused fellow that is trying to find out what the hell is happening to him.

And yes, the misunderstandment was intended.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

hmm... i lack an ideal werewolf. Isuppose thats because i also lack an "ideal" scenerio. so really, the werewolf would very greatly depending on the story/scenerio. :|
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

like Timber-WoIf...I don't have an IDEAL vision of a werewolf.

I have "preferences" which vary from setting to setting.

In one story/setting, I would expect and prefer werewolves to look very creepy, mostly human, have limited enhanced strengths, and be psychotic mass-murderers.

In another, I like to see them turn into full wolves, mostly indistunguishable from natural wolves, and take on a nearly fully ferral mindset, but not be any more bloodthirsty than a normal wolf.

...and in yet another, I think its sometimes awesome to see werewolves that have supernatural powers, can change into a 10-foot gestalt form (that looks like a supercharged Goldenwolf-style Wolf), speak fluently in gestalt form, change swiftly and painlessly at will, and look so fantasticly beautiful, majestic and fluffy that, if offered the chance, you would be all to happy to run up and give it a great big bear-hug.

...well...sometimes...

I'm pretty open minded on the most part...though I definately feel that some looks and styles work well in some settings, but not at all in others.

Example:..."pretty" werewolves would never have worked in UNDERWORLD... and Butt-Ugly "a face only the devil could love" werewolves would completely contrast the moods and attitudes in the "Freeborn" screenplay.

...and werewolves with too much "Superpower" really only make sense in a world where they are constantly fighting against equally powerful foes, like vampires, other werewolf clans, or bad@** heavily armed monster-hunters.

...IMHO...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

Ideal werewolf

You really shouldn't be able to tell if they are in human form unless they get mad, the first thing to notice would be the eyes changing color to a golden yellow with narrowing pupils. Only a canine or other animal should be able to tell when the werewolf is in human form

Werewolf/otherkin

At least 8 to 10 feet in height with fur ranging from black to silver to gold to red to white. Has to be digitgrade, and has to have a tail. No Lon Cheney bullcrap with a flat muzzle, it has to be fully formed. It should be able to communicate with humans and animals. Maintaining control is a big issue, no matter what the situation, the werewolf should be able to hold his/her temper, exploding duckies aside. Silver would only harm werewolves who were using the shift for evil, otherwise silver would be ineffective. (Evil werewolves usually don't talk and only shift by the full moon) Strength and abilities should be multiplied at least 20x. Voice would deepen and become gruff enough to keep the identity of the werewolf a secret. Clothes would be loose fitting and usually black.

As for otherkin the only difference is the fur color would be that to match the animal you shift into. i.e. Panthers would only have black fur, usually darker than a moonless night.

Wolf

Slightly larger than a normal wolf, with forepaws that almost look like hands upon really close inspection, but who would want to get that close anyway.
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmmm, lets see....

Silverclaw's Ideal Werewolf...

-Human Form: Looks like any normal human for the most part. Though most would have more of a rugged look to them; maybe slightly longer canine teeth.
-Other WWs can tell if someone else is a WW by scent.
-Small changes can occur to even the most experienced WW when feeling any strong emotion(really angry, scared or sad) Some fur growth, eye color change, claw like nails, ect.
-Has better senses in human form, but still nowhere as near as good as when in gestalt or wolf form.
-Generally much more healthy than regular people.
-Can live longer, highest about 120 years old.

Wolf: Looks generaly like a normal wolf.
-A bit bigger than regular wolves.
-Wolf instincts are strongest in this form.
-The fastest, most agile form

Gestalt:
-Hair color is the base for fur color. Though gray/silver, and white WWs happen.
-Covered completely in fur. Not long and shaggy. Like a wolf's pelt.
-Digitigrade legs/feet.
-Tail; goes down to the heels.
-Head looks a lot like a normal wolf.
-Long hair as a human=a mane on the upper back in Gestalt form.
-Pads on hands.
-Sharp, strong claws on the hands. Duller claws on the feet.
-Can talk if they need to. Deeper voice though.
-Uses real wolf sounds/howls and body/tail language.
-Walks on two legs, and can run on all fours. Though for heavy duty running, they go to full wolf form.
-Has a 'soft' mating season. Just a lil more frisky around spring. Not that much though.
-Can get up to one foot taller.

Male vs Female:
-Males are a bit bigger than females and more strong usually.
-Females are more agile and quick.
-Females have smaller breasts in gestalt form. Four other nipples; though they are all hidden by fur.
-Males have wolf-like sheaths.

-There are born WWs
-There are bitten WWs
-It will take a couple weeks to a month for the 'virus' to do its thing.
-Transforming is painful. Though the more one does it, the better it gets.
-TFing takes about 10-20 mins for first timers.
-Experenced TFing can take about two-three mins.
-The full moon can trigger a transformation. Newbies have no choice but to tf. Experinced WWs may control it, but can have a hard time. More jittery/excited on full moon days of the month. Even during the day, some changes can slip through easier.
-Silver is not needed to kill a WW. Though they are more sensitive to it then a normal human.
-When a ww dies, they stay in whatever form they died in.
-No cure for being a WW.
-Ageing causes a WW to tf more slowly. And they shift easier on full moons

Thats all that I can really think of now :D
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Note: I'm going with my vision of the Vrika (the Wolf bloodline of my Pashunara race)

Genre: (Dark) Fantasy, allegorical, horror.

Forms: Six.
Human: As a human.
Great Human: Corresponds to Great Beast, a form developed mainly for seduction and for gaining the edge in a contest. Taller, rangier, kind of like that human-faced were Morkulv posted.
Gestalt (in the vernacular, Ugraruupa, "Fierce Form"): An even mix of human and wolf, with digitigrade legs, balancing tail and lupine head. Not necessarily scary-looking, but will look decidedly...agitated. Emotions will be right out there and matched with equal parts fiery intellect. They also look a little...edgy, perhaps even a little wicked, and very wise, like they know something you don't (they do).
Great Beast (Wolf): A larger, more imposing wolf. Maybe not like a dire wolf, but definitely larger.
Wolf: As a wolf.
Rakhshasa: Similar to the Gestalt at first glance but more like a Tibetan wrathful deity like Thags Yag, Yamantaka or the Daikinis. The Gestalt isn't necessarily frightening but the Rakhshasa is a nightmare: demonic, wild rolling-staring eyes, fire shooting out all its orifices, multiple arms and sometimes faces, no fur. Odd-coloured skin, like pure white, blue-black, green, crimson. Basically a little piece of hell walking around on earth.

Hair/Fur: Head and facial hair remains the same as in human form but fur everywhere else is as a wolf's. No hair on the balls of the feet/between toes and fingers/palms, but it's everywhere. Tends to be thinner on the inner arms, thighs and around the nipples. The fur would have whorls and cowlicks.

Claws: Obviously in Great Man, Gestalt and Rakhshasa, the claws on the hands are razor sharp, as are the dewclaws on the legs, but the claws on the toes are blunt. They can still hurt, because they're strong: it'd be like getting punched with baseball or sprinter spikes rather than slashed with knives or fleshhooks. Wolves can cat-kick when fighting if they're underneath and anything that can run at 40 mph can deliver a nasty kick.

Tail: Full and long enough to counterbalance. All forms except the human (naturally). Scent gland at the top near where it attaches to the haunches.

Born, bitten or other: Born, can be changed by magic, but I personally don't believe in bitten. In the Pashunara, everyone has it hardwired into their bodies to become a shapeshifter, the "talent" is triggered by certain prescribed conditions. Thus, a bite could trigger a t/f, but the bite itself isn't the causative factor. There's no virus transmitted, it's phenomenological.

Transformation engine: I envision it as a kind of reflex, spurred by extraordinary will, instinct and a little magic. If you could get a Vrika in Great Man, Ugraruupa or Great Wolf to hold still long enough, and take a sample of cells and genetically test them, it would still come out as human. Or wolf (I believe in wolweres).

Death: In light of the above, when the werewolf dies or has a body part severed, it would revert to the native form because the shift is a reflex and once the engine isn't going anymore, the body relaxes into its birth form.

Male/Female: Only the males are referred to as "werewolves." The females are "wolfwives."
Males become more muscular, but not bulky. Rangy and ripped. Boxy head, penis sheath and knot. Definitely not like Aaahnuld or Glenn Danzig (sorry, guys).

Females get slightly less curvaceous but retain enough. Their muzzles are narrower than those of males. Think more along the lines of athletic and energetic as opposed to Frazetta.

Sociality: The basic social unit is the Pyre, which is actually an extended family with a breeding pair and one or more offspring/siblings. There might be a few relatives of the breeding pair, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, et alia.
Breeding male is allowed to do what he needs to do to provide for and protect his Pyre. The Pyre comes before the Circle.
The breeding female can call for the rest of the Pyre to give her a portion of everything/anything they catch so her cubs never go hungry and she can keep her strength up. Should her mate fail in his defense then she's the last line of defense of the Pyre.
Wolves and humans care for their own, so a werewolf would stick by their Pyremates come hell or high water. "There are no orphans among the wolves," as they say. No-one gets left behind.
Two or more packs can set up treaties and thus form a Circle. Here we see a more human-like relationship: it's more like your hang-out crew and/or neighbours and for the most part, you're neutral to friendly. Antagonism happens but the general zeitgeist is amicable. For instance, another Pyre sees some prey moving through their territory: they take what they need, and call ahead to the next Pyre in the Circle, "Yo! Big herd o' deer coming your way! Send down your hunters!"

Language: The werewolf language comes in two forms: High and Low. Low is the sounds coupled with body gestures we all see wolves (and sometimes humans) do. High Werewolf is a purely pitched, sung language and can be done in any form, because it's a kind of pitched throatsinging and doesn't use labials, linguals and dentals. And yes, it can range above and below the human hearing threshold; humans can't hear it but if they're close to, say two to three feet away, or in contact with the werewolf they can feel the vibrations of the High Tongue. Not especially difficult to learn, but obviously there are the equivalent of "wordsmiths" and "pundits" and the equivalent of Usenet crawlers.

Magic: I can see werewolves using magic and performing rituals, but it mostly revolves around the senses, shapeshifting refinement and the natural elements of metal, water, wood, air, fire. They have ways of manipulating natural elements, like making fire explode, trees and undergrowth move to trip opponents, bodies of water crest, literally howl up a storm, freeze a human with eye contact and "stare into their soul," things like that.

Birth: Women give birth after nine months, wolves after sixty days. Babies and pups are delivered. Sometimes a woman will decide to go to wolf form and deliver that way, and deliver a baby, and vice versa: wolf b**** takes human form and delivers a litter of cubs. The body shifts around the womb which remains the same and doesn't shift, kind of like water flowing around a rock. Babies shifting with the mother? I tend to think not. It's a baby or a cub. Note: wolf cubs are *always* born in the caul.

Size: There are no fat werewolves. I'm sorry, it's not fatty bashing, but shapeshifting BURRRRRRRNNNNS calories right, left and centre, coming and going. So everytime you change, you burn more calories. Yes, you could go on a shapeshifting bender and lose twenty pounds in a week. I'd say for a full-body change at least 4,000 calories would be burnt, out-and-back.

Lifespan: With refinement of shapeshifting and some types of magic, the werewolf can heal injuries, purge poison/parasites/disease. Given the resources, a werewolf can continually rejuvenate themselves and thus, enjoy an indefinite lifespan.

Silver and the Moon: According to the Pashunara world backstory, the Vrika are at war with the Moon God and the touch of His flesh — silver — cancels out their Changing Fire. If a Vrika gets stabbed with a silver knife or shot with a silver projectile, for as long as the silver remains in his/her body *including residue,* their Changing Fire cannot rejuvenate their body. So in effect, silver is alchemical water cancelling out the Fire. For a young Vrika, say one who's only thirty chronological years old, this is no big deal, but what if it's a 350-year-old Pyre Mother or a 1,200-year-old elder? The touch of silver would mortify their flesh and rapid-onset necrosis sets in — yes, it would look like the vampires in Buffy getting staked and yes, it would be possible to kill an elder with one silver bullet. Kinda screwed but hey, war is hell. Fortunately, about the time they get to establish a Pyre, Agni gives the Pashunara area-effect arts so getting within shooting range of an elder is pretty much a matter of pure dumb luck. Go ahead and see if you can get off an accurate shot while that elder is cutting loose with a Bhairava scream! :evil: :scream:
The War with the Moon is also the reason Vrika howl at moonrise. They're warning their Circle and Pyre to get under cover: it's an alarum.

Senses: Everyone says that human senses are inferior to other life forms. In a state of nature, human senses work as well as anything else's, it's just that we've besotted ourselves with information overload. We live in a high-stim environment, even in the country. Have you ever taken a night hike? Sure, moonlight robs you of the red-yellow spectrum, but other senses compensate and allow you to function. It takes a bit of deprogramming and training, but we can do it, and it doesn't take that long, either. A human taken out of civilization and plunked down in the forest could learn to track prey within a couple days if not hours, if he cared to.
Wolves are crepuscular, meaning they're most active in the dusk-and-dawn hours. This is because their main prey, deer, keep the same timetable. Note also that both deer and wolves — and humans — can go nocturnal on full moon nights. Wolf and human senses in the same body wouldn't compete, it's not a case of "I can smell you a mile away, ha ha, I'm better than you!" or "I can taste the soil minerals that this chocolate was grown in, ha ha I'm better than *you*!" The senses would dovetail and back each other up in a redundant array. You'd have a creature that can smell you a mile away *and* pick out the band logo on your t-shirt.
Given their magical nature, I even believe werewolves could perceive ghosts and spirits naturally, especially in gestalt when they have the synergy of wolf and human to work with. It would probably register in the brain as another layer of detail and the werewolf might not be able to distinguish where the "real world" lets off and the "spirit world" begins.

Argh. Just looked at the clock. Damn, I wrote a bloody essay there! Time to wrap it up. hwlwnk
ImageImageImageImage
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

My ideal WW? It's funny, I never really thought of that.

IMO
I think "ideal" is going to depend on different people's likes and dislikes - so there really won't be an single 'Apore' WW. There will be many types -depending on who bites who, etc. So, like in a Pack (shamless, aren't I?) there will be lots of flavors of ideal.

In case this starts sounding all drippy and Mary Sunshine, let me say that in Silver's case, my ideal WW is Anthony Brownrigg.

Yum!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Silver wrote:In case this starts sounding all drippy and Mary Sunshine, let me say that in Silver's case, my ideal WW is Anthony Brownrigg.
:lol: I should hope so. You are married, after all. :grinp:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I just found this picture on the internet:

(I don't know who made it, so sorry if any artist on this forum recognises this picture as his/her own).

It looks a bit scary... But nontheless it looks realistic I think. Ofcourse it is still hard to figure out how a werewolf should look on the outside, but if the skeleton-work is like this (so basicly human skeleton, but then used otherwise or changed a small bit).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

That would probably end up looking like the HP werewolf. :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I don't like the femurs on it. Too long, couldn't run fast.

Take a look at everything you know that runs fast: deer, rabbits, horses, kangaroos, cheetahs, wolves — take a look at their thighbones. They're short, about 8". A horse's is 14" but that's because they're bigger. In general, the thighbones on a running animal don't clear the line of the abdomen, whether it's a predator or an ungulate.

Those forepaw phalanges don't look like they'd support knuckle-walking, either...

Just some constructive criticism. Good drawing, otherwise.
ImageImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yes, but its a werewolf, not a deer/wolf/rabbit/horse... I think it looks better like this because I can recognize a human in it. Anything else would really be sci-fi I think.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm just saying...the long thighbones look awkward and would *be* awkward. Renorei pegged it, it would look like Professor Lupin, which I think we've pretty much agreed was one butt-ugly werewolf.
I just prefer my magical creatures to work *with* nature instead of in spite of it.
ImageImageImageImage
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Morkulv wrote:Yes, but its a werewolf, not a deer/wolf/rabbit/horse... I think it looks better like this because I can recognize a human in it.
The point vrikasatma was trying to make is that fast runners don't have long thigh bones. Humans do, and we're not built for running. We're built for walking. A horse can trot faster than most humans can run. What's the point in becoming a huge fanged monster if you're too slow to catch anything?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I think not, when done right.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Set wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Yes, but its a werewolf, not a deer/wolf/rabbit/horse... I think it looks better like this because I can recognize a human in it.
The point vrikasatma was trying to make is that fast runners don't have long thigh bones. Humans do, and we're not built for running. We're built for walking. A horse can trot faster than most humans can run. What's the point in becoming a huge fanged monster if you're too slow to catch anything?
That's why they hide in abandoned houses, or ambush teens busy having sex, of course.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Kurayami_Ookami
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Kurayami_Ookami »

Veeellll....I don't have *one* favorite version, but I'll post with a couple of differences....^^;

Genre: Fantasy, or sometimes Sci-fi....

Human form:

They look like normal humans, however, they are almost always in very good shape, and IMO, are usually very beautifull, though not inhumanly so....

SIGNS in human form:

There are a few, and they may have one or all:

extremely pointed canines, though not to ridiculous degree.

eyes: There are many possible signs in a were's eyes. They often have very large irises, and sometimes a dark line around their eyes--looks like eyeliner (easily explained)....They also may have yellow eyes, or eyes that look yellow from far away--This happens in humans--Take my eyes, for example, up close they look rather ringed green and brown--From a bit away, they look a rather wolf-ish yellow.

somewhat thicker/narrower nails, though also not to a ridiculous degree...

Sometimes the palms of their hands look slightly like pads, but only really noticable if you were looking for it. Also the hair on their head grows rather fast.

Other WWs can smell them, so can animals...Humans may be able to slightly, but not enough to be sure.

SENSES/ABILITIES in human form:

Enhanced hearing--Maybe not as good a wolf's, but a lot better than a human's.

Enhanced smell--Same as above.

Enhanced night-vision. ^

Somewhat enhanced stregnth and ability, can regenerate in any form.

Also, can make most canine sounds.

Gestalt Form:

Head:

Very, very, very wolf-like....But they also keep hair from human form, if it was very long, as a sort of mane....
I sometimes like them with slightly protruding canines, also.
Sometimes also a bit larger/more pointed ears.

Hands:
Sharp very sharp claws, long fingers, with fur, all pads of a normal wolf, including the wrist one.

tail: A bit large/fluffy for a wolf tail, but not to a huge extent.

Legs: Digitgrade, of course...

Fur: normal wolf fur all over, not counting that on their head.

Breasts:

Noticable, but not that large. Entirely covered in fur. ONLY TWO, or only two that show, at least.

Male-Female differences:

Females still look powerfull, but maybe barely smaller, or just a bit more feminine build.

Body in general: Usually somewhat taller than in human form. They look powerfull, but almost never bulky. They may have somewhat defined muscles, but basically pretty slender/wirey build.

Wolf Form:

Like a normal wolf, but a bit larger, and possibly unusually colored eyes at times. Slightly larger ears/tail, sometimes. If they had protruding canines in gestalt, they should have them in wolf form as well.

Other:

Senses:
In gestalt and wolf form, they have senses as acute as those of a wolf, and also the best of human senses, meaning they see in color....

Fur color: It's usually like, or close to their hair color in human form. Sometimes they have other colors mixed in, sometimes solid color.

Transforming:I ususually like it to be Not that controled by the moon, although it may make them more tempted to change. In my fantasy versions this takes a matter of minutes, in my more sci-fi one, it may take around a day or even two, and they need to eat a LOT before/during. (the moon can work in some stories....It really depends on the story/setting of course...)

It's not painfull, it feels good....Releases a lot of adrenaline and such....Some weres may be tempted to TF a lot because of this.

Control:

I don't like the image of the blood-thirsty were-wolf, real wolves aren't blood-thirsty in that sense, so why would WWs be? Maybe because of the human in them, if they are at all, but it's rare...Of course they still have instincts and may find it hard to control their emotions and such, they still keep their own personality and inteligence, and can usually deal with it...

Of course, there have been a few WWs with mental problems seperately, or because of problems with transforming, etc...Which of course leads to the stories...But then again....Even if there weren't WWs are different, therefore, in most humans mind, scary....

On that note, some may have trouble in human form with controling anger, etc...

Silver:

Random WW: Ooo! Shiny -steals silver- (in other words, it doesn't matter....)

Talking:

Can talk with practice in gestalt form, but usually don't sound like they do as humans. Not necessarily that much lower though, think of all the sounds a wolf makes....A lot of them are very high.
Can talk in wolf form, with a LOT of practice....Can make all wolf sounds in both forms, and also can make in-between wolf/human sounds....I don't really like roaring though... >_>;

Also, can shift individual body parts at will.

on another note though, you don't see many peircing on WWs...If you have to TF suddenly, do you really want a ring of metal ripping through your now-differently-shaped-skin? I thought not. :lol:

Pack structure: Usually similar to real wolves but of course can be infuenced by human society...

Anyway...I don't think I've left anything out....^^;

So in short they are--Very wolf-like, beautiful, graceful, and not blood-thirsty....

:femshft
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Set wrote:
That's why they hide in abandoned houses, or ambush teens busy having sex, of course.
Heh...

I think werewolves aren't pro-runners to begin with, and you don't need to be fast as lightening to be dangerous. From a 'walking human' like Set said, to a professional speed-machine is a far too big leap to me.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

YA the VH werewolf if he had a tail would be the ideal werewolf for me there are pleny of others though. :shift:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
wolfboy410
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: wrath

Re: Your ideal werewolf

Post by wolfboy410 »

my ideal werewolf is like the ones in van helsing big, feard, and powerful, but with some miner changes. Like the human can control the tranformations unless factors come in like if he gets really angery and he loses control or smells alot of blood and that gets the beast inside excited. I think fur color depends on the persons NATURAL hair color so if someone dies their hair green but their actual hair color is brown then the werewolvs fur is still brown. my werewolves human form is almost invincible they can move at super sonic speeds, lift like 1 tom over their heads and their skin is as hard as stell yet still feels to everyoe else as normal skin kinda like the vampires in the twilight series the only thing that can kill a werewolf is another werewolf or mythical creature of some kind. that dosent mean a human cant defend himslef they just cant kill it. :D :D
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

My ideal werewolf... well, i'll talk about the deki ree (werewolves) from my fiction. They are pretty much the vision what a werewolf is anyway.

The Dekai were created by the now since dead Atlantian empire 5,000 years ago to be soldiers and a slave class. They were built for war, they had Large lungs and heart for endurance, they (after intense conditioning) lift up to half a ton. Quick reflexes, and capable of extreme feats of acrobatics. Aggression, and a love of fighting (which made them extremely strong willed) are hard wired in their genes as well as their deadly hand-to-hand combat skills. They have some regenerative abilities (can regrow organs, and serverd nerves, but not whole limbs). Their ability to transform into a human form was for enable them to double as spies. On top of that their souls are weaponised, meaning they have special spiritual abilities.

They have two forms human, and gestalt. they have no full wolf form. their transformations are completely controlled by will, expept for their first transformation into the other form than on one they were born in after pubery. They have full control of them selves

They can talk in gestalt but their voices gains a lower and "growlish" quality.

There are no external give aways of a dekai in human form. But in their mouth you can find glads where the retro virus is made.

They have enhanced senses. 10/20 vision, with night vision, able to track their prey with their nose.

They do have an extreme allergy to silver, they carry a rescue pen if ever exposed. Vaccines are possible

They look like goldenwolf's weres.

They reproduce by sexual reproduction with a member of their own species, as well "bite" humans to turn them into werewolves by a retro virus. Depending on which form the mother assumes during the pregnancy is the form the baby will be in at birth. The child can transform on it's own after puberty.

Socially they are war-like. Being created as weapons, they have a natural love for battle. Fighting each other is actually a bonding experience of them. A day out on shooting range, and sparing (beating the living tar out of one another), and are very common as courtship activities. They are strong willed, and never back down. Some believe that they lack the flight part of their "fight or flight" preservation instinct. Being known to stand their ground and fight than retreat. A death in battle, or a "warrior's death" is considered a great honor. Fighting in a war, is nothing to them, they are detached from their enemies as being another dekai or human, but as symbolic prey. They are relentless, and brutal warriors.

that is pretty much it for me.
THE GAME

My Armory
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

My ideal werewolf? We have time?
(I think so...)
Okay...

Genre: fantasy for the most part, but horror when it comes to the fighting.

Appearance: have three forms, human, were and wolf forms. The were and human forms wear clothing, {i prefer magic in my stories, so please, bare with me on this}. When they shift, {TF} clothing responds accordingly: human to were, clothing adjusts to fit wereform, shirt/pants get bigger, shoes disappear and reappear inhuman form. Were to wolf, clothing vanishes but reappears when they take were or human form.
HUman form: Normal in appearance, though based on their abilities, they may have preferences for sertain clothing, style etc.
Were: females usually have longer hair than the males, though there are some exceptions, based on religion, preferences, etc. Clothing can shift into something that resembles old fashioned clothing when they pass from one plane to the next.
Wolf: sometimes a normal sized wolf, but on average, it's slightly bigger.

Abilities:
Elemental magic, magic that derives from essences of hell, heaven and everywhere in between, a literal connection with the elements themselves.
Mental connection: yeah, i've talked about this before. They are connected telepathically, not because they're werewolves, but because they are connected with the Beast world, a world that isn't posioned, and so is willing to help them speak with each other. Some have heightened abilities, such as one of the main characters in my story, Daniel a Hellfirewolf, being a telepath, or his twin sister being a telekinetic.

Structure of body: They usually gain at least seven or eight inches in height due to the expansion of their bodies. Males, depending on training, are everywhere from muscular, to lilthe. Females are usually faster than the males, but there are instances of the females being stronger than the males.
They stand on two legs, and do not drop to all fours to run. {that aspect i never liked. Looked like they'd break their leg off or something} They have human like hands, though they are covered in fur, and the palms have a slightly thicker skin to them, and are usually a shade lighter or darker than their fur. And instead of nails, they have claws, which are usually filed to prevent them from scratching anyone they don't want to. In battle, they usually slash so visously, even dull claws slice through flesh like butter.
Females have the typical human one set of breasts, while males lack the sheath of canines.
Though even rarer than in humans, there are some defects that occur at birth. Usually minor things, such as hearing loss and blindness {in their world, these things are minor}. There are rare cases of werewolves being born without a body part...

Society: No alpha system. Usually a series of judges, called Elders, that decide what to do, though sometimes members of a pack may try to rule the homebase, called a Complex, which is usually hidden underground, and surrounded by barriers and invisiablity spells. In those cases, the pack usually deals with them by kicking them out of the safety of the Complex for a month or so. If they survive, they usually don't do it again.
Fighting has been restricted to sparring, with each werewolf trained in their own style of fighting {each seperate kind of werewolf, such as Firewolf, Icewolf, etc, have their own fighting styles based off fighting styles of the past} They obhore guns, going as far as to cast prevention spells around their homes. This usually causes guns to rust at an acclerated rate, to the point where they are useless within seconds of entering a territory. Also, normally the same spell makes said gun totter believe they were just out for a drive and forget all about the gun. They usual end up "misplacing" the gun, and never finding it.

Other:
-Transforming is never painful. It's a weakness for a TF to be so, as this prevents them from shifting if they need to urgently. {you don't keep hitting your thumb with the hammer after the first time, do you?}
-Certain werewolves, or beasts for that matter, have extended lifespans depending on their powers. A shaman werewolf and her husband can live for hundreds of years, on her powers alone.
-They see the human world as something on the brink. Their world has told them, if the humans don't stop, and kill off all the animals, all the spirits connected with clean water and air and earth, then the human world will be cast into hell...
-They along with the immortals, are supposed to be the protectors of the human race.
-Can breed with other races {humans, immortals, and other beasts, such as Minotaurs, wereowls, etc.}
-Most rent werewolf horror movies as comedies, laughing at the werewolves on the screen.

Okay... that was crappy... but pretty basic... i'll edit it when i don't have to go to bed and be up in... four hours...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

- Zoanthropes vary greatly with species. In other words, not only would you meet werewolves, but people like insectfolk and marinefolk as well. Ironically, Zoan scholars have yet to pinpoint their origins and why they exist, and because of their profession of science, they still naturally dismiss rumors that their people were created through paranormal means, which is, by far, the most plausible reason according to public opinion.

- There's no universal set of conditions for triggering transformations. Some are mentally triggered depending on personality, and others instinctive.

- Transformation process... I dunno, you figure it out for yourselves. I'm not a scientist. I can only say that the processes vary from host to host.

- Infection is done mainly from extreme bodily contact (i.e. bloodstream) that's strong enough to affect the client's body significantly. For instance, if a client has a weak enough immune system, then the client is therefore open to infection. Note, however, that depending on the type of Zoan the host is, there is the likelihood that client infection would be slim, or even fatal. There have been records of zoans healing wounds that humans have suffered using infection substance which permanently converts into the client's bodily substances when the wound is completely healed, effectively dissipating it.

- Although regeneration is a Zoan's main advantage against humans, it can also be sped up to the point of nearly-neutralizing the regenerative quality's accuracy of restoration, much like a collision between 2 bullet trains at maximum speed. In other words, those not formally "trained" in extreme rapid regeneration (not the easier passive version of rapid regeneration) face the risk of producing anomalies within the wounds, and on specific wounds, an attempt might actually kill the host.

- There has not yet been any record of Zoans dying from weaknesses written in human lore of myths and legends. In fact, Zoans can be killed by human or other circumstances of ample strength, although Zoan death by humans decreased significantly by the start of the period where Zoans can no longer expose themselves to humans more openly.

- Apart from the distinct shapes Zoans individually have when shifted, they are also open to certain physical configurations for them to choose from, 3 of which are:

o) Infected clients or hosts who take similar or near-exact shapes of the previous host. It can be anyone, from family members to unrelated infected humans.

o) Hosts with shapes based on various things, such as mythological deities. This configuration is usually attained by some form of metempsychosis that requires the presence of mind, body and soul, depending on the said thing it's based on. It's possible to attain more than one metempsychoses in a short period of time, although there's few who actually have, and they're much older than most modern zoans.

o) Completely original shapes with nothing but the individual's souls to dictate the appearance. This is by far the most difficult shape to configure, due to the ever changing human nature of the host. (also the hardest for me to draw, dammit)

- With regeneration being a major contributing factor, Zoanthropes are capable of living lives many times longer than humans, the oldest living Zoan ever recorded being 3000 years old. However, it is not yet known just how long a Zoan is able to live, since there haven’t been enough recorded natural deaths by old age to be used as solid evidence.

- Surveys have found that older Zoanthropes with younger-looking physical appearances in human form are more likely to retain personalities comparable to that same appearance. A separate research concluded that Zoans, especially older ones, have become more open-minded and progressive thinkers than most humans, due to what was once the need of hiding their real identities from human society in fear of sudden human interference.

- Zoan diet usually consists of a mostly intact human side of the diet and the animal type the host is. Depending on the type, the host’s diet can be very advantageous and/or beneficial, i.e. vultures and pangolins. One unique case of Zoan diet is a japanese werewolf who not only has a digestive system strong enough to withstand his eating of inorganic objects, but is also able to project and create completely different objects using the ingested materials. Some scholars, however, say that whether this is part of his diet or is part of his highly advanced Zoanthropy is debatable.

So there you have it, the story so far. I was going to mention mod shops where a host can literally modify their Zoan forms, but i'd rather draw those out than bore purists to death with more oral tripe.

Like what someone once commented to me: "Shouldn't you make them cyborgs instead?" :duckie