How rare are werewolves?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

How rare are werewolves?

Post by Darth Canis »

Are their numerous packs all over the world? How many members would make up a pack? Are there packs at all? How many do you think there are? Have at it! :shift:
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

There's probably a ton of werewolves out there, though their numbers would be spread out across the world, so though they make up a noteworthy percentage of the population, there would still only be one or two packs within so many square miles. There would be lots of them, but the distance in between them would make it seem like there are very few.

As for the pack... I'd say 3 would be the minimum: the alpha male, the alpha female, and at least one cub. The maximum I'd say would be 20 because it would be difficult to refrain from drawing unwanted attention with that many pack members. Once the pack gets to be too big to keep tabs on, the common practice would probably be to divide the one large pack into two smaller ones. It wouldn't be a territory issue; just a division of responsibility between the original alpha and the new one.

One pack for a rural area, two or three in urban areas, and potentially up to a dozen in a metropolitan area. Assuming werewolves are not highly territorial, the biggest issue among different packs would be to keep from becomming exposed. Five packs of ten would draw a lot of attention in a rural farming community (where everyone knows everyone), but would have less trouble in a more impersonal environment. Or in other words, the major issue would be what percentage of the population is made up of werewolves; if you have one werewolf for every ten humans, that's too many.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

They could have their own rural community where only werewolves live, they could then control all aspects of town life and keep non-were's from moving in. It might seem odd, but a lot of places like that exist, nudist colonys and amish communities are just two examples.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

My deviant little brain just fused those groups together... now I'm envisioning packs of nude Amish werewolves.
?? :lol:
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Hey, we could get M. Night Shyamalan to do the sequel - "Villiage of the Nude, Amish Werewolves"
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

"I see naked Werewolves..."
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

WolfVanZandt wrote:"I see naked Werewolves..."
Ah, if only we could... lots of bushy-tailed, sleek-coated, curvy young... :shock: Uhm... :oops: Ahem, anyway....

But Anthony's already said there won't be any gratuitous sex scenes in the movie.

:lol:
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ChaosWolf wrote:
Ah, if only we could... lots of bushy-tailed, sleek-coated, curvy young... :shock: Uhm... :oops: Ahem, anyway....

But Anthony's already said there won't be any gratuitous sex scenes in the movie.

Now look what you just started, Blade-of-the-Moon. :lol:

Edit

fixed quote
Last edited by Figarou on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

ChaosWolf wrote:

Oh well...maybe in the cheesy parody of it...... :D

Or you could always go watch DarkWolf again...... :lol:
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
Or you could always go watch DarkWolf again...... :lol:

Never saw DarkWolf. And with the bad reviews on it, I don't plan on watching it.

edit

Fixed spelling of movie title.
Last edited by Figarou on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

It's ok for a laugh with friends and a desperate man might rent it for the nudity, but other than that don't worry about it..... :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:It's ok for a laugh with friends and a desperate man might rent it for the nudity, but other than that don't worry about it..... :wink:

nudity? Nope, I'm still not going to see it.
WolfVanZandt wrote:Hey, we could get M. Night Shyamalan to do the sequel - "Villiage of the Nude, Amish Werewolves"

naked werewolves? As in furless? :shock:

You're starting to scare me!! :shock:

:D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:They could have their own rural community where only werewolves live, they could then control all aspects of town life and keep non-were's from moving in. It might seem odd, but a lot of places like that exist, nudist colonys and amish communities are just two examples.
Actually, that's a pretty decent idea. Werewolves have a habit of busting out of their clothing when shifting, and since the stereotype is that nudists are bald, fat and hairy, most people avoid those communities like the plague. Two birds with one stone. :lol:
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Figarou wrote:
naked werewolves? As in furless? :shock:

You're starting to scare me!! :shock:

:D
Ah, so he saw "Underworld" again...
My Werewolf Code!:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

ChaosWolf wrote:
Ah, so he saw "Underworld" again...
How could he have seen Underworld again without having his eyes melt in their sockets?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote: Actually, that's a pretty decent idea. Werewolves have a habit of busting out of their clothing when shifting,.....

Don't forget about the Underwear. You can't bust through something that stretches with your body.

Terastas wrote:....and since the stereotype is that nudists are bald, fat and hairy, most people avoid those communities like the plague. Two birds with one stone. :lol:
Everyone but the perverts.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

:shock: Eep who's been having fun with the clippers then?
*When you're down... howl*
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:They could have their own rural community where only werewolves live, they could then control all aspects of town life and keep non-were's from moving in. It might seem odd, but a lot of places like that exist, nudist colonys and amish communities are just two examples.
Actually, that's a pretty decent idea. Werewolves have a habit of busting out of their clothing when shifting, and since the stereotype is that nudists are bald, fat and hairy, most people avoid those communities like the plague. Two birds with one stone. :lol:
It worked for the Howling on a couple occasions....the only problem was letting that reporter live for so long.... :x
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

I hope you folks caught the reference to Sixth Sense.....

(gruph!)

And I really don't want the visual in my head of Werewolves running around in white briefs because they don't tear when they shift.

Oog...
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah....I think we can do without underwear as well.....I mean that's what the fur is for.... :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Yeah....I think we can do without underwear as well.....I mean that's what the fur is for.... :wink:
this is what I was referring to.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =3593#3593
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Yeah....I think we can do without underwear as well.....I mean that's what the fur is for.... :wink:

Even elastic has it's limits..... :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:
Figarou wrote:

Even elastic has it's limits..... :wink:
How much bigger is the werewolf going to be? Especially around his waistline? Don't tell me his waistline will be as broad as his shoulders. No way. That will be an odd looking werewolf. :wink:
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Well, if they really wanted to stay dressed, it would be easy enough to design break away cloths with velcro, but just think about all that fur crammed into clothing (ug! cringe! cringe!)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolfVanZandt wrote:Well, if they really wanted to stay dressed, it would be easy enough to design break away cloths with velcro, but just think about all that fur crammed into clothing (ug! cringe! cringe!)

velcro? You're making this to easy!! Rip out of them clothes!! But try and remember what you are wearing!!!

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =2659#2659