Are werewolves evil?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

ChaosWolf wrote:Solid Wolf? :bandana:
Look at it this way: There's much, much, MUCH more to a population of werewolves than being in civil wars or clan rivalries, settling everything with claws, with only [two] clans/sides, each with ideas of much contrast to each other. There's BOUND to be more convoluted problems, especially conspiracy theories.

That brings us to the lameass concept of "black and white". What i meant to complain about is that there is no such damn thing as black and white.

Of course, everyone knows that. So that makes my argument invalid by about 10,000 internets.[/b]
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

kitetsu wrote: [spoiler]And for one thing, werewolves a la Metal Gear Solid is more appealing than mainstream weres. Period.[/spoiler]
What do you mean by that?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
kitetsu wrote: [spoiler]And for one thing, werewolves a la Metal Gear Solid is more appealing than mainstream weres. Period.[/spoiler]
It's pretty much a repeat of what i don't like. Of course, that's just coming from one person.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

kitetsu wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
It's pretty much a repeat of what i don't like. Of course, that's just coming from one person.
Can you translate for those of us who don't understand the connection or reference?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Okay.

I dislike HollyPot-scheming, one-dimensional weres with a supposed IQ of 70 and speaks shakespearian when in shift mode who each has an obsession for BDSM and utters the words "Pack", "Alpha", and "My pets" every 10 to 40 words.

Or you could put it in an even more blunt way: I dislike "Jekyll and Hyde" weres.

How's that? A bit strong, no?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Morkulv wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:Lousy bad, then.
Right! :lol:

Anyway, if we would believe Shadow_wulf then everything ugly is bad, and therefore evil.

"Aaargh I am ugly!.... Damn, I am such a evil badass!"
Arent 90% of the creatures that are bad(as in evil) are ugly. Hmm? you have to agree with me thier.
Hmm, now I think of it... Bush, Saddam, Bin Laden... You might just have a point there. :lol:

But seriously, you have to agree that its just redicolous to say that everything "evil" is ugly.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

kitetsu wrote:Okay.

I dislike HollyPot-scheming, one-dimensional weres with a supposed IQ of 70 and speaks shakespearian when in shift mode who each has an obsession for BDSM and utters the words "Pack", "Alpha", and "My pets" every 10 to 40 words.

Or you could put it in an even more blunt way: I dislike "Jekyll and Hyde" weres.

I guess... but still not sure what that has to do with MGS.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

kitetsu wrote:
ChaosWolf wrote:Solid Wolf? :bandana:
Look at it this way: There's much, much, MUCH more to a population of werewolves than being in civil wars or clan rivalries, settling everything with claws, with only [two] clans/sides, each with ideas of much contrast to each other. There's BOUND to be more convoluted problems, especially conspiracy theories.

That brings us to the lameass concept of "black and white". What i meant to complain about is that there is no such damn thing as black and white.

Of course, everyone knows that. So that makes my argument invalid by about 10,000 internets.[/b]

:Looks out the window at all the colors. ...Oh crap.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

No, not at all.
They're like Magnetos in shag carpetting, and I detest every one of them.
Except one, and that's only because he was a former paleontologist who turns into a Sherman Tank-sized sabertooth, and that a friend of mine created him for me as a gift.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

ChaosWolf wrote:

I guess... but still not sure what that has to do with MGS.
The thing is that characters like Ocelot triple cross the organizations that he works for. That is barely one-sided.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
Morkulv wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:Lousy bad, then.
Right! :lol:

Anyway, if we would believe Shadow_wulf then everything ugly is bad, and therefore evil.

"Aaargh I am ugly!.... Damn, I am such a evil badass!"
Arent 90% of the creatures that are bad(as in evil) are ugly. Hmm? you have to agree with me thier.
Hmm, now I think of it... Bush, Saddam, Bin Laden... You might just have a point there. :lol:

But seriously, you have to agree that its just redicolous to say that everything "evil" is ugly.
Uhh no, Cratures that you see in movies. How many creatures that are evil are pretty, honestly? And no I dont count kiddy, or disney villians.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
wolfboy410
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: wrath

Re: Are werewolves evil?

Post by wolfboy410 »

(please excuse my spelling)
it all depends on the person if they are a goody two shoes they'll probebly kill themselves because werewolves are supposedly eif they are normal they'll either cope with what they are and use it however way they wish and if they are blood thirsty maniac they'll probebly use this gift to uo their rep. :duckie
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.
Mood: Depressed

Post by AngryGothChick »

For me,it all depends on the werewolf.Some are evil,some arn't.
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

I agree with AngryGothChick
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

Vuldari seemed to have the right idea. Portrayals have been different over time so the answer to the question seems contingent on the particular portrayal. I think the classic view was an unnatural and savage thing that killed and mutilated it's victims and was largely demonic in nature. The classic literary view such as wolfman was a sympathetic beast with a human side and an 'evil' side. More modern interprations, which I think are favourable in this regard, focus on a dichotomy of personality, in which the beast is a refinement or hyperbole of the human. But to say good or evil? I'd say malevolent or benevolent, because I'm an ethical anti-realist.
Without society, there would not be good, nor would there be evil
Is it my imagination or have I finally encountered a cultural relativist? Either way, your definitions of good and evil are underdeveloped, as least of all it isn't clear how they could apply to werewolfism to make the beastie inherently good or evil. Clear it up for me?
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz