Are werewolves evil?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Anook wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

What?
In other words, give me all your money, and all of your pork chops, and you won't have to worry about getting out yellow stains in all of your furniture.
For now.

No, I knew what you meant. I was just wondering why you said that. :|
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Somehow it would be cool to see a evil, demonic possessed werewolf instead of a tree-hugging forrest-wanderer. :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Not really.
The Howling sequels done those to death.
Literally.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

I really wouldn't want to see an evil werewolf.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I would! :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Apokryltaros wrote:Not really.
The Howling sequels done those to death.
Literally.
Oh god are you kiddig? the howling sequels made evil werewolves look like a joke!!! The howling, AWIL and Van Helsing did it all right.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Those weren't evil as well. Van Helsing evil? It looked more like a concept for a arcade-game. I think Underworld does a good job on evil werewolves, but thats not only to thank the werewolves for. The overall atmosphere of that movie is a lot darker then any werewolf-flick.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I still dont think the underworld werewolves look that evil, atleast not the first ones.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I can't think of any werewolf more evil then the ones from Underworld...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

You havent seen that many werewolf movies then. Believe me, the howling V werewolf looked much more evil than any underworld werewolf, ginger snaps werewolf looks more evil, even the werewolf from the first howling looked somewhat more evil than underworld werewolf.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:You havent seen that many werewolf movies then. Believe me, the howling V werewolf looked much more evil than any underworld werewolf, ginger snaps werewolf looks more evil, even the werewolf from the first howling looked somewhat more evil than underworld werewolf.
No. I think the Howling-werewolf and the Ginger-puppets just looked bad, not evil. Thats a huge difference.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well alot of times looking bad is looking evil, believe me just look at the thing. And the howling V didnt look that bad, they did a good job at making it look evil.
Image Image
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

well someone should post some pictures of some werewolves looking evil or bad or not.
"lolis"
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

"Looking bad" as in evil "bad" or lousy "bad"?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Apokryltaros wrote:"Looking bad" as in evil "bad" or lousy "bad"?
What Im saying is if you have a deformed looking werewolf or just a really ugly one then they also look rather evil.

look at the werewolf on the left.

Now you cant tell me that the underworld werewolf looks more evil than that.
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Lousy bad, then.
-Calculon
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Are Werewolves evil?

Post by Kelpten »

I have to agree with everyone else. I mean, in all the legends werewolves were evil. In all the movies they're evil. It seems like only recently we've started to think of them as anything else. Then again, it was only recently that we realized that wolves weren't evil, so I guess our change of minds stems from this.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Apokryltaros wrote:Lousy bad, then.
Right! :lol:

Anyway, if we would believe Shadow_wulf then everything ugly is bad, and therefore evil.

"Aaargh I am ugly!.... Damn, I am such a evil badass!"
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

E-e-e-evil Werewuff?

Post by RedEye »

The concept of Werewolf = Evil comes from the time of "Saracen = Evil",
Somebody different from us = Evil". That's Bull----.
Werewolves got their "Evil" status back in the Middle Ages. Of course, so did Catholics, Protestants, Scientists, the Irish, the Spanish, Jews,....do we see a pattern here?
Werewolves are primarily DIFFERENT. Wolves have always been "Fear" icons. Add in a bit of Human, and yeah...Werewolves are Scary...but not evil.
It's Midnight. There is a knock at your door. You open it, and there's a...
CLOWN! (not a Werewolf.) You'll be frightened right out of your 'Jammies. Fright is the Unexpected. Fright is not evil...just unexpected.
Werewolves are just about the ultimate Unexpected (except in certain households....).
Would you Freak? Betcha! Would the Werewolf be evil? No...probably just want's to call a tow truck.....
A Werewolf dressed as a Clown...now THAT would be Evil!!!! :lol: But not totally Evil... :P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Re: E-e-e-evil Werewuff?

Post by Lupin »

RedEye wrote:There is a knock at your door. You open it, and there's a...
CLOWN! (not a Werewolf.) You'll be frightened right out of your 'Jammies. Fright is the Unexpected.
I have a peephole, so I'm not opening it up for clowns at any time of the day.

They disturb me.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:Lousy bad, then.
Right! :lol:

Anyway, if we would believe Shadow_wulf then everything ugly is bad, and therefore evil.

"Aaargh I am ugly!.... Damn, I am such a evil badass!"
Arent 90% of the creatures that are bad(as in evil) are ugly. Hmm? you have to agree with me thier.
Image Image
whereismydemon
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

I Have the perfect solution to your problem

Post by whereismydemon »

Instead of deciding wether to have an evil or good werewolf, here's a thought...why can't there be 2 different clans of werewolves, both with different views, one hates the humans and give werewolves a bad name by attacking people, and the other wishes to live along side humans, but can't because of the bad reputation they are getting from the other clan.

Now wasn't that simple?
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

< Doesn't believe in evil.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

We also have the idea of "necessary evils". Don't like it because it's evil too? Tough s***, slick.

[spoiler]And for one thing, werewolves a la Metal Gear Solid is more appealing than mainstream weres. Period.[/spoiler]
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

kitetsu wrote:We also have the idea of "necessary evils". Don't like it because it's evil too? Tough S#@^, slick.

[spoiler]And for one thing, werewolves a la Metal Gear Solid is more appealing than mainstream weres. Period.[/spoiler]
Solid Wolf? :bandana:
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+