can a werewolf get bullied

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
werewolfspirit_3
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by werewolfspirit_3 »

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Its' quite possible. And the bully might get away with it if the setting is one in which werewolves need to keep themselves secret...but if they don't need to be kept secret and they're openly known, its unlikely anyone would bully a werewolf.

Its' kinda like putting on a vest made of t-bone steaks and leaping into the lion's cage at the zoo. You're simply asking to be mauled.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

"You call that mauling a christian? My grandmother could maul a christian better than that!"-

Just popped into mind. WWS edit your posts and please don't do this run-on again. Fig, can you clean this up?

Yes, they can be bullied like any otehr person- it's just not very wise.. imagine bullying that little kid in the corner who happends to be a blackbelt at karate.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Yeah if a werewolf is naturally submissive they could easily let themselves be bullied.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

"DEVIL CHILD!! DEVIL CHILD!! DEVIL CHILD!!"

Need i say more?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

kitetsu wrote:"DEVIL CHILD!! DEVIL CHILD!! DEVIL CHILD!!"

Need i say more?
Yes: Exactly how does being 8 feet tall and made out of kryptonite (to paraphrase White Wolf) grant an immunity to name-calling, and slander?
If anything, it just means that the name-callers and slanderers have to take a bigger step back when they do it.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

They could be bullied by another werewolf, or as Aki said, if they were required to keep their lycanthropy a secret. In fact, now that I think about it, allowing one's self to become the victim of bullying could be a nice coverup. If I was a pack leader, I'd encourage all the young-uns to join the chess club and learn how to play Yu-Gi-Oh. :grinp:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:...If I was a pack leader, I'd encourage all the young-uns to join the chess club and learn how to play Yu-Gi-Oh. :grinp:
But then what do you do when the packmembers are trapped in the Shadow Realm?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Well... I think that's where I'm supposed to step in.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Bullying is entirely possible. Obviously, in certain circumstances, it's fraught with risk. But, there's two particular circumstances where I could see it being a big problem.

1. Within a werewolf community; wolf packs typically have an omega member who gets scapegoated a lot. Sometimes wolves even kill off their omega member.

2. In a world in which werewolves are known or have revealed themselves, but are a relative minority. Bullies would have to act in groups that significantly outnumber the werewolves, or political forces would coerce or forbid the werewolves from using their unique abilities in fighting back.

This ignores, of course, other cases of bullying, such as bullies picking on someone, unaware that that person is a werewolf and for reasons unrelated to lycanthropy.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Terastas wrote:...If I was a pack leader, I'd encourage all the young-uns to join the chess club and learn how to play Yu-Gi-Oh. :grinp:
Anybody that plays the game at that level doesn't need me holding their hand anymore.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:
Anybody that plays the game at that level doesn't need me holding their hand anymore.
Apparently, you haven't seen some of the latest episodes...
-Calculon
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I have a werewolf getting bullied as a major plot element in the book I'm writing. She gets it pretty bad, even after she runs away from home. So in that scenario she grows up to be a werewolf and the ringleader of the bully clique from her school goes on to become a big-shot government type who takes it to a pretty high socio-political level.

And yes, the scat really hits the air conditioning device when a group of Himalayan werewolves take the Dalai Lama's advice (entering the Age of Communication, a time for knowledge to be shared openly) to heart, act on it, and blow the cover off the whole worldwide shebang.
ImageImageImageImage
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Apokryltaros wrote:
kitetsu wrote:"DEVIL CHILD!! DEVIL CHILD!! DEVIL CHILD!!"

Need i say more?
Yes: Exactly how does being 8 feet tall and made out of kryptonite (to paraphrase White Wolf) grant an immunity to name-calling, and slander?
If anything, it just means that the name-callers and slanderers have to take a bigger step back when they do it.
Ah, but i didn't have time to rephrase my words. Being called a devil child is what would happen if, by any means, a werewolf gets sent to a catholic school (worst case scenario). It could also happen to a werewolf community, but only for a set of circumstances.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Everything can be bullied by something else, because "There's always a bigger fish" This included werewolves.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Fenrir wrote:Everything can be bullied by something else, because "There's always a bigger fish" This included werewolves.

Eh...who exactly? There's not a human out there that could be considered a 'bigger fish' to a werewolf...unless said werewolf is handicapped and said human is some sort of highly trained, uber-warrior.

Though I suppose if this is a world where, let's say, DRAGONS lived (or other mythological creatures), then yeah I guess so.

As far as whether or not they can be bullied, the answer is yes. By other werewolves.

As far as whether they can be bullied by humans, that depends. Personally, I've always believed that becoming a werewolf or being born one means that your human form becomes better than it was or would have been otherwise...faster, stronger, and with better reflexes, etc....if THIS is the case, then the werewolf's enhanced human form could probably fend off any bully without revealing his/her lycanthropy. Of course, there are reasons why a werewolf might CHOOSE to allow themselves to be bullied, even if they could fend off a bully without revealing their secret. Said werewolf could easily be a gentle, turn-the-other-cheek kind of person, who would willingly allow themselves to be bullied because they don't want to hurt anybody.

Ultimately, the answer to this question, like almost all the other questions asked on this message board, depends on what kind of werewolves the person who is answering the question favors. I've answered the question using MY werewolves...someone else's werewolves may be very different.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Bullies need not necessarily be bigger. Sometimes, especially, the bully is a smaller, weaker person who does it in the mistaken belief that it will make them bigger (Napoleonic Complex). Our class bully stood 5 feet even and weighed 112 pounds soaking wet.

And bullying need not necessarily be head-to-head physical, at least at first. Physical strength isn't always a requisite but cunning almost always is. Having mockery, scorn, disrespect, insults, catcalls, put-downs and stonewalling thrown at you daily is very definitely bullying, and often the most common form. It's even worse when it's a coordinated and directed or at least cooperating cadre that does it as a deliberate campaign.

Third point: having the above-described abuse thrown at you on a daily basis is brainwashing and it doesn't take long to start buying into the hype ("Everyone keeps telling me I'm a stupid lard-assed freak that can't do anything right, so I must be"). When one starts believing that, then one doesn't have much will to stand up for oneself and at that point you have what's called a lamb before the slaughter. You could be a physiological Godzilla and still get your liver and lights handed to you if your self-esteem is in the gutter.
ImageImageImageImage
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

werewolves get bullied..... by vampires all the time.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Fenrir wrote:werewolves get bullied..... by vampires all the time.

Yeah, all thanks to Hollywood. :|
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:werewolves get bullied..... by vampires all the time.
No not all the time. mabey half, cause most of the time the werewolf works in colaboration with vampires in movies.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Getting Bullied is at least half mental...the victim buys into the Bully's concept that He/She can bully someone else.
Bullys are mostly cowards, trying to disprove their cowardice.

On the other hand...there is a lot of "Bullying" that goes on in a Wolf pack, and it's directly related to in-pack status.

SO...flip a coin.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
bar1scorpio
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Sierra Mist Abuser

Post by bar1scorpio »

Part of this could be answered if the hypothetical werewolf in question lives a solitary existence, or is part of a pack.

In the former, there's always a pack Omega.

In the latter, you might have a werewolf without much force of will, or unwilling to use their natural abilities to defend themselves, lest they risk exposure.
"TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!" - Robert Heinlein

"The World Will Be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Friends fear you.

People pick on you.

Your weird personality won't give you friends.

Being a werewolf is not easy.

You have a hard time controlling yourself if you can't take it anymore.

Not until, something in you broke. You let the beast out of your soul and body.

You experience your first change.

You hunt them for revenge.

You cannot control yourself.

Once, it is over. You woke up with blood everywhere, in your face, teeth, mouth, and hands.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Hairless Willis! Hairless Willis! HAHA! HAHA!
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

what about werewolves being bullied by other species of 'thropes, you got Ursanthropes(werebears), Leo-anthropes (werelions) etc.... alot of animals bigger and scarier then wolves.
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24