Clothes

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Re: Clothes

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

i use the cheater's way: spells that increase the size of clothes, and add necessary modifications {like tail holes}.

Yeah i know. other than that, why not clothes with expanding seems? Sorta like velcro that keeps the seams tight when in human form, but can be opened to allowed for the shift?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

That's not really my area of knowledge. I'm more interested about clothing that's shift-friendly and size-friendly (to a fault), that eliminates most need for a phone-booth-quickchange. Because, you know, mountains and forests have no such thing.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

i have mentioned before that we need to astablish witch WW design are we dresing so we can talk what he could wear and not or we can talk like now
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

When I talk about a werewolf in this thread,I'm adressing my werewolf design. When he goes through a transformation his entire body becomes bigger due to the increase of muscle and bone mass which along with the fur growth causes whatever clothing to shred during the transformation. (He doesn't have time to get his clothing off unless he is willing the change to happen.) :shift:
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

silver1 wrote:When I talk about a werewolf in this thread,I'm adressing my werewolf design. When he goes through a transformation his entire body becomes bigger due to the increase of muscle and bone mass which along with the fur growth causes whatever clothing to shred during the transformation. (He doesn't have time to get his clothing off unless he is willing the change to happen.) :shift:
i agree but some designs dont have so much muscle growth
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

I know. I hate when movies and some artists show their werewolves overly muscular. Sugarpoultry's werewolf design is the best I've seen...not too scrawny looking but yet not too muscular looking either.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

silver1 wrote:I know. I hate when movies and some artists show their werewolves overly muscular. Sugarpoultry's werewolf design is the best I've seen...not too scrawny looking but yet not too muscular looking either.
lets look her WWs design:

-shirts: are posible but can tear at top hole because larger neck
-pants: tight jeans are no go other pants that are loser or can strech are posible and you need to make hole for tail
-other things like socks, shoes and maybe hats(only if you make holes for ears) are not posible

and there is thing about fur that could make wearing chlotes unfrendly
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

The majority of the werewolves I've seen her aren't wearing cloths. Maybe her other werewolves must have a hidden wardrobe with costum werewolf friendly clothing in it. :lol:

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

silver1 wrote:The majority of the werewolves I've seen her aren't wearing cloths. Maybe her other werewolves must have a hidden wardrobe with costum werewolf friendly clothing in it. :lol:
i know youst saying what they could wear
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

I know. Lol

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i would still wear pants in both forms you know you can create hole for tail that can be ziped close.
demonwithin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Nightshade
Additional Details: Call me Nightshade :3
Mood: Ruthless

Post by demonwithin »

personally x'D

Werewolves should take off their clothes before changing, nudity in a pack should mean nothing.
you take your clothes off you don't need to buy a new pair of boxers, break in a new pair of jeans or find a new shirt

Werewolves shifting and clothes = bad combo :shift:
They say that I can't last a day in the real world.... I say you wouldn't survive one night in mine...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i got me thinking: if you are seen by human and you are wearing lets say pants with hole for a tail while changed wouldnt human think that some guy is mesing with him and instead of claiming he saw a werewolf he will claim he saw guy in werewolf costume wearing a pants ?
Fabricator
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Need it? Build it.

Post by Fabricator »

lovec1990 wrote:...he will claim he saw guy in werewolf costume wearing a pants ?
The average person would most likely say something just like that. Perhaps looks at it as a very elaborate fur suit, and an eerily realistic looking one at that. Hmm, that poses a question, are there weres that go to furry conventions while shifted with clothes on?
The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Fabricator no they would be spoted fast while in forest at range eyewitnes would be normally at distance he/she would not be able to figure it out and pants would kinda tell him/her that its a costume.

Well werewolfs could becouse of this keep clothes on for aditional cover in case of sighting
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

So, I've noticed something very important: Actual canines don't have massive firecrotches like a lot of us do.

I think this is reason enough to warrant the research of magic pants and onesies. You wouldn't want your dick or your tits dangling and swinging all over the place, now, would you? Especially in forested areas, and VERY ESPECIALLY urban jungles. Getting them snagged by those branches really don't seem like it's a fun experience, I sure as hell wouldn't let my so-called "inner beast" tell me that I don't need human clothing. I'm very partial in keeping my sack intact.

That, and I'd much rather make jokes about my rabbit underpants than people making fun of what I look like naked.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

JoshuaMadoc wrote:So, I've noticed something very important: Actual canines don't have massive firecrotches like a lot of us do.

I think this is reason enough to warrant the research of magic pants and onesies. You wouldn't want your dick or your tits dangling and swinging all over the place, now, would you? Especially in forested areas, and VERY ESPECIALLY urban jungles. Getting them snagged by those branches really don't seem like it's a fun experience, I sure as hell wouldn't let my so-called "inner beast" tell me that I don't need human clothing. I'm very partial in keeping my sack intact.

That, and I'd much rather make jokes about my rabbit underpants than people making fun of what I look like naked.
I can see it now, jock straps and sports bras in colour matched faux fur, protecting your assets in variety traditional Hollywood werewolf styles. Of course getting caught in human form wearing a fuzzy strap will probably get the guys laughed out of town too. I recon the women could get away with a fuzzy bra though.

(Oh gawd, my dear brain, what did you just do? Note to self, never follow up a Joshua post right after the pain med. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :lol: )

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Only if the faux-fur underwear looked like it came out of Walmart or Poundland. Although personally, I'd rather just stick to the plain old colored stretchy-wear. Preferably one with a hood.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

eh for my favorite WW design anything that are not tight jeans and underwear would surivive the change,but for this forums werewolf my view would not work becouse of fur and tail.
Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Kveldulf »

I'd go for stretch trousers and light T-shirt if at all, because they're cheap, rip easily, and can be ditched in a hurry. It is not possible for a wolf to move well in almost any clothes designed for a human. It's just not. And it looks silly (although I do recall a werewolf hero of Poul Anderson's wearing a simple pair of stretch shorts and just sucking up the look-stupid in wolf form in the interest of, like, not getting arrested for public indecency when he shifted back - Operation Chaos, I believe the book was. Also, the guy in question had lost his tail in the war, which probably made the shorts a bit more practical for him). Good sense, I think, would have conveniently accessible stashes of clothing here and there in secluded places for emergency change-backs - possibly pack loaner stashes; that's definitely one of the little things that I'd expect a well-managed pack to do for its members.

I find it difficult to envision even bipedal "wolf-man" form werewolves being particularly concerned with human concepts of "decency". Besides, if you're male, you probably have the primary organ sheathed like a natural wolf's until time for use. And I think we can, or at least probably should, take it that female werewolves in half-shifted form, regardless of human buxomicity (is that a word? I don't think that's a word. Oh, well), unless actually nursing, have the same unobtrusive and largely fur-hidden nipples seen, or rather not particularly clearly seen, on natural wolves. I hope so, because the logistics regarding multiple bras are just something about which I do not wish to think.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Kveldulf wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:15 pm I'd go for stretch trousers and light T-shirt if at all, because they're cheap, rip easily, and can be ditched in a hurry. It is not possible for a wolf to move well in almost any clothes designed for a human. It's just not. And it looks silly (although I do recall a werewolf hero of Poul Anderson's wearing a simple pair of stretch shorts and just sucking up the look-stupid in wolf form in the interest of, like, not getting arrested for public indecency when he shifted back - Operation Chaos, I believe the book was. Also, the guy in question had lost his tail in the war, which probably made the shorts a bit more practical for him). Good sense, I think, would have conveniently accessible stashes of clothing here and there in secluded places for emergency change-backs - possibly pack loaner stashes; that's definitely one of the little things that I'd expect a well-managed pack to do for its members.

I find it difficult to envision even bipedal "wolf-man" form werewolves being particularly concerned with human concepts of "decency". Besides, if you're male, you probably have the primary organ sheathed like a natural wolf's until time for use. And I think we can, or at least probably should, take it that female werewolves in half-shifted form, regardless of human buxomicity (is that a word? I don't think that's a word. Oh, well), unless actually nursing, have the same unobtrusive and largely fur-hidden nipples seen, or rather not particularly clearly seen, on natural wolves. I hope so, because the logistics regarding multiple bras are just something about which I do not wish to think.
Well this one is debatable in my view just transformation does not change persons behavior and thinking and if werewolf wants too wear clothes in bipedal form he will.
DW13
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: DTWX
Mood: Ruthless

Post by DW13 »

Some simple demented questions:
Why the heck would you want to wear clothing during a Transformation when...
1- It may cause extreme discomfort to varying areas, such as the pants seam for the growing Tail, and...
2- It would only mean more money spending on extra clothes, anyway?

I say it would be fine for Lycans to go in the Buff if they wanted to, especially since their Brain functionality would differ from ours. So who knows how a Werewolf, even in Human form, would have the mindset that they'd have? :wink: