Clothes

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Fabricator
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Need it? Build it.

Re: Clothes

Post by Fabricator »

ChaosWolf wrote:Stashing away extra clothes... that can work. then again, they can also backfire - they can be found by homeless folks, torn up by animals as bedding/nest material, infested by insects...
Would one really be so careless as to simply leave clothes hidden under a rock or in a crevice of sorts? Surely one would think to protect their clothing from animals and the elements. Just looking at stashing clothes in a forest environment, a simple shovel and cooler will be needed. The cooler would best be the type with a lid that swings to either side. This also provides the best form-factor for hiding the cooler, but allows for easy retrieval. For a single stash, depending on one's size, either a six can, seven quart, or sixteen quart capacity cooler is fine. This should be large enough to contain pants, shirt, underwear, and either sneakers or sandals. The whole point of stashing is to return to a vehicle or home without causing as stir due to nudity, as well as protect oneself from the elements. This does bring up a point regarding cooler size. For those living in environments that have weather (as compared to those such as central California where jeans and a t-shirt will always be just fine), either two coolers or one rather large one will be necessary as to provide space for a jacket and perhaps additional footwear if one prefers sandals (walking through the snow in sandals causes cold feet). An alternative to multiple or lager coolers would be to seasonally change the contents of a smaller cooler, and may prove a more cost-effective way depending on any driving that may be necessary, and/or if money is tight. Hiding a cooler is rather a simple task. One must find a relatively rocky slope and dig a hole just deep enough as to get the top of the cooler flush with the ground. Putting the cooler on a slope is imperative; one does not want to find that they had buried their clothes in an area that collects water after every rainstorm. The top of the cooler must be flush with the ground, as one must be able to find it when the time comes, and it also allows one to wipe away a bit of dirt, grab the handle, and pull. Simply place a rock or group of rocks over the top of the handle.

Clothes stashing is, of course, a requirement for the less experienced and new Wolves. For those that can change at will, this comes down to preference. If one were to go out for a night of fun in the woods (it's not all about seriousness) and later sleep through the morning, they could simply return in their fur if the chances of being seen are nil.

A simple comment of protecting the clothes probably would have sufficed. Sorry.

In proofreading, I realize this seems to have been written as a how-to. This was not my intention, but it works.
The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

i see i allredy posted here but i have somting too say

it depends on your control better control more posibility to wear pants and fur could be reason to for decision
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

Wouldn't the clothing be shredded by the growing muscles and fur? I can see a werewolf with remnants of the clothing the person was wearing during the transformation( tattered shorts for example.)
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

t-shirt,socks and shoes yes but pants would stay intact only problem is tail
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Like this?
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i dont see it
Fabricator
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Fabricator »

The tail problem for wearing pants or shorts can be solved with a knife. But Lovec, why would pants not tear as a shirt would? Surely if the shirt tears because of general increased mass, pants would also tear. Perhaps your Werewolves don't gain any lower body mass?
The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

ok i see basic problem we dont have a WW design we are dresing.neck is biger at canines so you will tear t-shirt at top some pants are strechy some are not and some are lose and some are tight.
Fabricator
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Fabricator »

Ah, stretchy pants, I only wear jeans and a cotton shirt, so the idea of stretchy clothing didn't even cross my mind (should have, though). There's no stretchy shoes, but what about shirts?
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

ok first we need astablish whitch WW design are we dresing:dog soldiers,underworld,van helsing or meepers WW
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

I'm talking about a more loupine werewolf that walks on its hind legs and has a tail. (I wear jeans quite a bit,so if I were to turn into a werewolf,mine would tear as I changed.)

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

pants dont tear easily so it will be unplesant
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Yes, I think it would be very unpleasant and painful.

Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Here's an idea, assuming your werewolf form doesn't just wreck your clothes every time, necessitating a constant supply of new clothes and/or stashing of clothes, how does this grab you...

Carry a needle and thread! :) . Here's the plan, you either wear pants with easily reparable seams, you split the seam ahead of time and cover it with a fairly long top, come back when you've finished werewolfing around and sew it back up! Or, those were your favourite work jeans weren't they, a gift from your aunt no less, ssentimental value right there, you simply couldn't replace them when you slipped, fell, and ripped a big hole in the backside one day at work, so you patched the hole instead! Hey...they're only for work/bumming around in anyways, it's not a fashion statement, you only wear them when you *ahem* go to work :wink: .

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i would youst use my strechy pants
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Meeper wrote: Carry a needle and thread!
Just got a mental image of a tailor / alterations shop with a duckie in the window.
:D

"Gotta love the repeat business."

or

"Are you kidding? Werewolves are great! I just bought a boat!"
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Nice one Uniform Two Six!

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

"Carry a needle and a thread" is actually something militaries expect EVERYBODY to be doing even today. They don't appreciate them "make me a sammich" dumbos who don't keep their uniform (or their equipment that don't blow things up, for that matter) up to snuff because they think that stuff's for girls. Yeah, tell that to early pioneers in the 1800s that roam the barren wastes with nobody but themselves to rely on.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

needle and thread is a nice idea but i prefer using pants that are lose or strechy
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Like spandex? :? :lol:

Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

meybe but some chlotes are more strechy than others but i prefer more lose pants
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

silver1 wrote:Like spandex? :? :lol:
Why did I get visions of a werewolf in a leotard and music playing in the back ground "Let's get physical, physical, I wanna get physica-a-al, let's get into physical..."

The Meeper
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

:lol: Sorry about poutting that vision in your head meepr. :lol:

Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

No sorry, it's too late now, I've the entire AWIL transformation scene playing through my mind with David Naughton writhing around the place in a leotard while Olivia Newton-John sets the mood.

I need my Valium!

The Meeper.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I just noticed that no one has mentioned modified overalls, jumpsuits and dungarees and whether or not they're an ideal choice for especially mobile werewolves traveling light.

Then again I may just be grasping at straws again. WHOOP