Scary Effects

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Darksong17
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Scary Effects

Post by Darksong17 »

What do you think of this idea? I thought it would be cool if anger started the shift sometimes. New werewolves may have trouble controlling it but experienced werewolves are fine with it. I think this particular effect would be awsome. An angry werewolf is having trouble remaining human right? He's talking to someone he's angry with or something and his eyes suddenly bleed to a bright amber color. Wouldn't that be cool?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

That sort of effect itself might have been overdone over time, but if used differently it could be equally as effective.

As I suggested in the 'Human Form' thread, a werewolf's greatest concern would be keeping his status as a lycanthrope a secret. There could therefore be some scenes where the risk comes in the form of sudden exposure. Instead of his eyes just turning yellow, the horror could instead be that his eyes turn yellow as a result of pent-up frustration, which he either will have to hide from anyone around him, or may not know about as he becomes directed into a situation where he may become exposed.

The scene could be in a car, for example, the werewolf him in the passenger seat and someone that irritates him in the driver's seat. While the driver is beating his gums, he just sits there and 'mm hmms' him at first, then the driver says something really irritating that he just can't let go without commenting on, and as he corrects the driver's way-too-blunt statement, his eyes turn yellow. The driver keeps his eyes on the road and they continue talking with the werewolf's yellow eyes showing, they stop at a red light, and just before the driver turns to face him, the werewolf sees his reflection in the drivers-side window and squints his eyes tight. The driver delivers his rebuttal, the werewolf 'mm hmms' him, the driver smirks and turns his head back to the road, then looks back and asks: "Are your tired or something?"

"Huh? Oh, no, I'm awake. Just couldn't stand having the headlights from the other side of the road in my eyes any more."

Something like that.
Darksong17
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Darksong17 »

That sounded like a really well thought out scenario lol good idea
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

I'm not sure about anger. I mean, if there was a particularly angry werewolf, then he would be up s**t creek. I guess a "new" lycanthrope would have just an overall hard time controlling his lycanthropyt as it is. Oh well just me rambling...
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

The eye thing sounds like a good idea, though if it were me, I'd make it harder to controll such things as the full moon approached.

That's just me though.

Post by Guest »

I like that idea, but it could be applied to other feelings, anxiety and anger, worrying could trigger sutile changes , like the eyes for one, maybe the sharpening of the fangs, not a lot just sutile ones
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

I like that idea, but it could be applied to other feelings, anxiety and anger, worrying could trigger sutile changes , like the eyes for one, maybe the sharpening of the fangs, not a lot just sutile ones
Durr was me that one X_x dang thing didn't log me in again
*When you're down... howl*
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

You mean subtle? Sorry... yeah I just think that a new werewolf would just have an overall hard time keeping the lycanthropy under control. Experienced wolves would have no problem, of course.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: My cross to bare

Post by Night_Hunter »

anger would be linked to other feelings.

and to what degree of anger are we talkin about
would hard on anger do it
or would like mild everyday frustration do it. If it did, that would royally suck
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU HAVE RABIES TOO ?!!?

Read my stuff at:
http://nightfiction.blogspot.com/
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

In most cases where you have anger, you get adrenalin; which is one of the agreed-on triggers for the Shift.
We might add to this: Sudden "5 o'clock shadow" (regardless of gender) as the fur follicles start up, changes to the backs of the hands (visible to others but not the Wulf), and maybe even a change to the bridge of the nose as the muzzle starts to take shape.
All of these could be done very subtly; with only a hint of actual change, before the individual clamps down on the impending Shift.
Mature (experienced) Werewolves might have a breathing pattern they slip into to calm themselves, or a "close the eyes and think of Barry Manilow" as a way to avert the impending change of "nature".
Good idea, although it has been done before...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

I would think that anger could led to the change. Another possible emotion that would cause the transformation would be Fear.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

We tackled the "Fear" thing in "Partial Transformations"...and fear is a primary adrenalin dumper.

It's called the "Fight or Flight reaction" and one experiences it on theme-park rides and during well-done Horror flicks (which "Never Cry Werewolf" wasn't).

Scene: People in a theater watching a particularly good fright-flick; with Werewolves, of course...
The lights come up, and half the audience is fuzzy and toothy. :lol:
Good scary flick, that one!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Maybe anger doesnt cause the form. But instead the werewolf would take wolf/half form shape when angry because of the power.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

i like the whole idea of slight changes and in a lot of shifts the eyes change first so i think that the eyes could begin to change
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's been done, but, yes, it would be cool. It's not a big leap to imagine strong emotions setting off a shift. That would make watching certain movies interesting.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rosiewolf »

The emotions would have to have a certain stage (I can't think how to word that exactly, other than a "certain stage", I hope all of you undestand what I am trying to say) to where the werewolf would change into a wolf; for example, a werewolf spills a drink onto the ground and gets angry because he/she was really thirsty and they had no more money left to buy another drink. That would not set off a change. But something such as their best friend or mate getting killed by someone, would trigger the change.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway