Powers in Human Form

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Powers in Human Form

Post by Uniform Two Six »

lovec1990 wrote:ok, i never tought like that, but i like it.What about their reaction time will it be faster than humans or equal ?
Well, from a thematic view, I would think that the werewolf should have faster reflexes than a normal human would -- as canines generally do (their optic nerves refresh at a significantly higher rate than humans). From a practical perspective, however that would run counter to logic, since they're basically human while in human-form, so their reflexes should be the same, just as they shouldn't have a more powerful sense of smell without the physical structures to provide that, or better night-vision without the different cone/rod proportion. So, I would say that it would depend upon one's general preference. If you want a more (I will avoid the term 'realistic') logically constructed werewolf, then their other capabilities should be pretty much at the human norm and do not improve unless they shift. On the other paw, I like the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing type of werewolf, so I go with the more lycanthropy-is-magic type of werewolf, and so, yeah, I think they should have great night vision, heightened sense of smell, and quicker reflexes. Just don't try to pin me down on why they should be so much more awesome than the average dude.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

you got some points uniform, but in my view werewolfs are virus based so no magic in game, but this virus modifies human body their muscles are better, bones are more durable than before and in one way why wouldnt nerves get any upgrade.avarage human reaction time is 215ms record ever recorded is 10ms if we double the nerve impulse speeds we would also get better reaction time.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

You could just as well argue, by that logic, that a werewolf shouldn't have heightened reflexes and/or smell in their wolf form either.

What I would argue would be that the senses would be (for lack of a better word) dulled in human form, but that the brain would eventually get reprogrammed to better interpret those senses, gradually to the point that, while they may not be on par with a wolf, they would be significantly better than they were.

My own take on werewolves, also, is that they are not necessarily 100% human, 100% wolf or an even 50/50 man/wolf, but instead (for lack of a better word) are in a more fluid state where they are constantly shifting, albeit to a generally negligible degree. I could imagine, therefore, a werewolf retaining some minor wolf traits while in human form. Ideally, that would be something the usual natural selection process would favor, such as the aforementioned higher rate optic nerves.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

so now we have(my opinion):
-strenght is increased five times
-speed is increased by 6 mph
-reflexes are increased because of higher optic nerves refresh rate
-they heal twice as fast normal human does.

I do not remember a topic about this but becouse its tied with this one i will ask here:
How does bitten gets this enhancments do they appear over night or do they apear after first shift or do they slowly manifest from day you were bitten to day you first transform?

well in my opinion they manifest slowly its most logical one becouse you will also adapt to them as they manifest, but its also less annoying compared to getting them over night becouse you will probably couse damage to items becouse of enhanced strenght.