Powers in Human Form

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

MoonKit wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:To be honest, having a really good sense of smell wouldn't be too good in this society ...

:lol:
You're telling me. I cant walk through the mall without my nose being assaulted by all those perfume sprayers! I cant imagine how much worse it would be if my nose worked even better!
And when the dog lets a ripper? :lol: Poor you Moon Lover, if you have a dog or teach children guitar ... children who like to, well, stink.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

I know. I had to use a type of self-hynosis to take out the worst of it. The only place I might not use it is in the Nature element. I love it out there. :)
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I have a pretty good sense of smell for a human, but there are plenty with better senses of smell. I'm trying to keep my hearing, (I play such loud music, I like to have my amp turned up REALLY loud when I jam! Not to mention drum kits, even -with- ear plugs in) but my eyesight has unfortunately degraded.

So I guess my sense of smell is a compensation. I have a great sense of taste too :lol: I like to eat, what can I say?! If you look at my Halloween picture on the Halloween thread, that big snarly wolf head...I dont have such big jaws for nothing!

Oh my jokes never cease to STOP people laughing.

Heh. :(

So meditation works? Thats a very good thing.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Yeah...I had once been uncertain whether or not I was losing my sight, and mentioned to a friend how I was unable to see the individual leaves from a tree.
He couldn't even see the tree.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Well! He must have terrible bloody vision then!! :(

I have to wear glasses to see while driving or looking at the lecture board, that sort of thing. Sometimes while walking around, I can't recognise people except by the way they walk. If I know them well enough, I can tell.

It's genetic in my family.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Depends on the werewolf type, really. For example, in The Howling, being a werewolf is totally awesome, and if you're infected and don't want to use it, you don't have to (which is why the ending always bugged me). At this point, I think that increased hearing and smell and slightly increased strength would work fine. I never really liked the idea of an invincible werewolf in a movie sense, though. However, with a "cursed" werewolf(Wolf Man, An American Werewolf in London), I don't think they should have powers at all, as it is supposed to be a bad thing, after all.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I'd suspect that any abilities that transfer from Werewolf to their Human side would be a sort of "leftovers" set of abilities.
The Human might heal faster than normal, be more resistant to poison, and perhaps stronger to some degree (The Shift would be a sort of workout)...but I suspect that these capabilities would just be shadows of the Wolf's capacities.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

My view: you don't have BETTER senses, you just pay more attention to them.

If you rely on a sense a lot you can get quite a lot of information from it. Think of looking at people's faces: the more you do it, the more you can detect little pinpoint bits of information and actually know what they mean.

Strengthwise, not very much improvement, if any. But it's likely to encourage you to pay more attention to your health.
Neilak20
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Neilak20 »

I could see them haveing slightly hightened senses, or like Kizinistzerg said, the Werewolves just paying better attention to them. Healing would be plausible and useful too. I dont know about Super Strength though, that seems like they could stand out too much and be found out, they gotta be able to keep themselves reletively secret and all.
Biruka
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Biruka »

I think thier abilities are hightened senses, better healing,strength and speed and agilty,can eat raw meat and make wolf sounds and later skill to shapeshifting,
wolfboy410
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: wrath

Re: Powers in Human Form

Post by wolfboy410 »

you answerd the question for me i thnk they should hae superhuman speed and strength along with hightend senses and these just get stronger when they transform :roflmao:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

While there are many abilities I believe a werewolf could have, the only one I would assume they would have in human form is their increased regeneration.

However, as I've said in other threads, I attribute a werewolf's increased strength, not to an increase in their physical capacity, but to an increase to their threshold for pain. That said, while I don't believe a werewolf in human form would be physically stronger, I do believe he could push himself to greater limits than he would have otherwise.
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Thats true plus the endurance might increase during that push for more strength in him/herself. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

An older thread, but I've never posted in this one, so here goes:
For the most part, to the untrained eye it's hard to tell a regular person from a werewolf. They look just like they did before they were bitten except for a few physical modifications borrowed from the wolf form. Everyone is unique and experiences different levels of change and improvement, but anyone that knew them before would have a hard time missing their sudden, seemingly overnight increase in endurance and flexibility, as well an exponential growth in their running, jumping, climbing, and lifting abilities (which is great for things like Parkour!). Their movements, mannerisms, reflexes, instincts, and mental abilities are also more precise and alert. Basically, they go from their former, normal selves into possibly world-class athletes able to hold their own; several sports stars have actually been werewolves. Their senses of hearing and smell are improved, as well as improved night vision. Their metabolism speeds up, and a slightly increased desire for meat--sometimes raw--is also part of the package.

As far as their outward appearance, their eyes have a slightly golden and light-reflective tint to them. They can also make inhuman howls, growls, and whines. If they were overweight prior to the bite, that soon changes due to the amount of calories it takes to shift. Most have toned, and sometimes ripped bodies because the ability of their muscles to increase in size and strength doubles. They also have a certain presence about them, a way of being that is strangely attractive and appealing.
From My Website.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Excellent quote. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

my take on topic:

it depends on are we talking about magical WW-s or virus based WW-s because magical ones could be completly normal humans but virus or bacteria based ones will be changed because body need to adopt too ability too shapeshift and virus change your DNA this is my take on virus typed Werewolfs human form powers:

you will start geting this powers around 24 hours after being bitten (in case the full moon is 3 days or more away)

strenght: you will be 2-3 times stronger than before being bitten
senses:
-hearing and sense of smell are excelent for human but still weak compared too wolfs and dogs
-sight is good but you can actualy see at night and your eyes are more sensitive too movment
stamina: you can run and stress yourself longer than normal human
durability: because your bones,tisue and muscles are denser than humans you can withstand more than normal human
speed: you can run faster than normal human but slower than athlete but you can run longer than athlete.
Fabricator
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Need it? Build it.

Post by Fabricator »

lovec1990 wrote: speed: you can run faster than normal human but slower than athlete but you can run longer than athlete.
Sorry, but what if one is an athlete? By your perception of speed, an athelete, when bitten, would become slower than themselves. Also, if one is to gain both strength and stamina, they would naturally be faster.
The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense.
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Grey »

Good hearing, and sense of smell. More strength.
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

it got me thinking:

we talked that avarage werewolf in human form should not beat best humans in their class(speed,strenght,...) without training for that class, but we kind forget something that humans train just for their class so strongman will be strong but not fast as runner and runner will be faster but also weaker than strongman, but werewolf will be a little weaker than strongman and alittle slower than runner so werewolf is better in human form than trained humans generally.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

So you mean that they might not be stronger than the strongest 10% of humans, nor faster than the fastest 10% of humans, but they'd be stronger than the fastest 10%, and faster than the strongest 10%. Yeah, I can see that.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

yes that i meant uniform, but im still thinking about jumping in height and distance im thinking werewolf would be able too jump higher and longer than trained human because of their strenght, speed and weight.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Actually, I'd disagree with that. If the average werewolf would be marginally better on average at physical or athletic feats, but not enough to best a specialized human (an Olympic athlete, for instance) at whatever he or she specializes in, then I would say that goes for running and jumping too. Now, nothing stops a werewolf from training himself to a level beyond that athlete's natural abilities, but it would be beyond some werewolf who sits on a couch all day drinking beers. On the flip side, though, if the werewolf were to transform, then all bets are off. The fastest human on earth isn't going to outrun a wolf.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

uniform thats one side of thinking, but in my point werewolf is weighting less than strongman with same strenght as werewolf wouldnt give him better jumping capabilities?
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

All that was what I was assuming gave the werewolf the marginal advantage over the average human in the first place. Against a specialized athlete, I would expect the lack of conditioning to become the decisive factor.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

ok, i never tought like that, but i like it.What about their reaction time will it be faster than humans or equal ?