Newbies

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Newbies

Post by Silverclaw »

So how do you think a newbie werewolf who just shifted would act? A lot would depend on the individial and if they knew what was happening to them or not. I'd feel sorry for the newbie who changes not having a clue why.
I dont think the majority of them would be able to run off in the forest and kill a few deer with ease. Most likely gotta practice being in a completely different body. Might be kindof akward walking for the first time as well. All fours or digitgrade, both new.
Not sure if they would already 'know' about wolf body launguege, and how the tail comes into play.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmm I see. Carry on then :D
Lucifer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucifer »

I've been a werewolf for 7 years. Im able to shift at will now but only when the moon is up, even if it's only a sliver. In the begining it was only on the three nights of the full moon. As always when the moon gets fuller I remember less. Although what I do remember seems like a nightmare. When I awake Im usally somewhere I shouldn't be. When this first started happening I was pretty freaked out. I remember being bit though and put 2 and 2 together. I still have a hard time believeing I'm not in some kinda comma and have dreamed all this but its all to real to me now. The wierd part is at first I didnt like what was happening and tried despratley to find a cure. Now I find the power and hightened senses intoxicating. Its like an awesome drug and I'm a junkie!
Lucifer
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Lucifer wrote:I've been a werewolf for 7 years.

Uhhhh, O.k.
I also should reveal to the forum that I'm actually New York's friendly neighborhood "Spider-Man."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Howling Fan wrote:

Uhhhh, O.k.
I also should reveal to the forum that I'm actually New York's friendly neighborhood "Spider-Man."

reallly? So when is Spiderman 3 going to be out? :D
Lucifer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucifer »

Spiders are weak! I step on them and smoosh them! All kidding aside though I have been a werewolf for 7 years. I work at Knott's Scary Farm's Halloween Haunt and during the month of October the character I play is a 7 foot tall black werewolf named Lucifer. All the characters have what we call backstories so my previous post contains some of it. So ya see there is a little truth mixed in with a whole lot of fantasy.
Lucifer
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lucifer wrote:Spiders are weak! I step on them and smoosh them! All kidding aside though I have been a werewolf for 7 years. I work at Knott's Scary Farm's Halloween Haunt and during the month of October the character I play is a 7 foot tall black werewolf named Lucifer. All the characters have what we call backstories so my previous post contains some of it. So ya see there is a little truth mixed in with a whole lot of fantasy.

Instead of saying..."I have been a werewolf for 7 years." You could say.."I played a werewolf part for 7 years."

Or "I dressed up as a werewolf for 7 years."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Howling Fan wrote:

Uhhhh, O.k.

You mean spider-wolf!!

Lucifer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lucifer »

Am / played, same thing I like to live the part. Anyone can dress up as a werewolf. I like to think of Lu as my alter ego. Thats why the Knotts Haunt is so popular. We give ya more than just a person in a scary costume.
Lucifer
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:
Howling Fan wrote:

Uhhhh, O.k.

You mean spider-wolf!!

Or Wolf-spider...

*thinks of real wolf spiders*

*huddles in corner*

Evil....spiders......nasty....ew..must..kill spiders...

:P
Eridani

Riiiiiight...

Post by Eridani »

Right... yep, you're a junkie alright, though I don't know what you're on...

About this subject... whenever they come out with the gecko gene, I'm getting an alteration... if I can afford it. Bieng genetically altered to actually have fur or the others would be awesome! To have a tail, a muzle, ears! Damn I'd love bieng a Geneti...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

*Screaches at sight of wolf spider*

Were-spiders anyone?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Wolf spiders wolf jedis its all good :lol: i played a werewolf once too at a halloween horror thingy but the kids were not scared of me and they threw straw in my face :cry:
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

HAHHAHA that moust have felt bad hehehehe*chuckles*
" hello kiddies" *jumps on stage*
" you suck throw straws at him" * all kids throw straws*
" AHHH" * falls off stage being terrorised by kids*

yah fun :P kids have seen to much these days.... like me nothing scares me much

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

silverpaw wrote:HAHHAHA that moust have felt bad hehehehe*chuckles*
" hello kiddies" *jumps on stage*
" you suck throw straws at him" * all kids throw straws*
" AHHH" * falls off stage being terrorised by kids*

yah fun :P kids have seen to much these days.... like me nothing scares me much
I Still feel Guilty anytime I see a Hollween haunted house, or trail or whatever because of what I did as a little brat...

Years and years ago, I went to a "Haunted trail" were all sorts of monsters and such would jump out at you and there were people being horrilby tortured and eaten alive (you know...typical "haunted house" stuff.) ...well, anyway...near the end of the trail, there was this guy dressed up as this HUGE orange monster who came charging down the trail, screaming at the top of his lungs trying to scare all the little kids (including myself). Instead of hiding behind my mothers legs like some of the other children, I decided to stay in character, (I was dressed up as some sort of ninja warrior), and SLAY the monster. ...so I charged him, platic sword in the air, and proceeded to wail on his puffy costume, screaming "DIE Monster!!...". ...I got a long lecture from my parents after that, and now, years later, I feel soo bad for that poor guy in the costume. ...I never even appologized. ...I thought I was being "Cool" at the time... I'm so ashamed...Image Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

HAHAHA thats awesome how old were you? yeah that would have been fun but yeah guilty i dont really get guilty if i do i shrug it off it's generally my mum oe friends trying to use reverse-phycology in me :lol: yeah
i widh the was theses hounted trail thingy's where i live fun fun

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lucifer wrote:I've been a werewolf for 7 years. Im able to shift at will now but only when the moon is up, even if it's only a sliver. In the begining it was only on the three nights of the full moon. As always when the moon gets fuller I remember less. Although what I do remember seems like a nightmare. When I awake Im usally somewhere I shouldn't be. When this first started happening I was pretty freaked out. I remember being bit though and put 2 and 2 together. I still have a hard time believeing I'm not in some kinda comma and have dreamed all this but its all to real to me now. The wierd part is at first I didnt like what was happening and tried despratley to find a cure. Now I find the power and hightened senses intoxicating. Its like an awesome drug and I'm a junkie!

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Darth Canis wrote:Wolf spiders wolf jedis its all good :lol: i played a werewolf once too at a halloween horror thingy but the kids were not scared of me and they threw straw in my face :cry:
Heh, a coupla years ago a dressed up as a 'Werewolf' (Really all it was was a 'Werewolf' muzzle that i glued to my face, and had the rest of my exposed skin painted to blend with it. Looks pretty convincing, even moved with my mouth. :D )

Scared the crap outta the little kids at the party i went too, of course, the older kids, knowing me, knew that it was me instantly. The little kids didn't beleive that i was me, instead of a monster.

Not that i tried to convince them of it. Was to let them all be scared. :lol:

Downside: Getting it off was a pain. Litterally.
ears and years ago, I went to a "Haunted trail" were all sorts of monsters and such would jump out at you and there were people being horrilby tortured and eaten alive (you know...typical "haunted house" stuff.) ...well, anyway...near the end of the trail, there was this guy dressed up as this HUGE orange monster who came charging down the trail, screaming at the top of his lungs trying to scare all the little kids (including myself). Instead of hiding behind my mothers legs like some of the other children, I decided to stay in character, (I was dressed up as some sort of ninja warrior), and SLAY the monster. ...so I charged him, platic sword in the air, and proceeded to wail on his puffy costume, screaming "DIE Monster!!...". ...I got a long lecture from my parents after that, and now, years later, I feel soo bad for that poor guy in the costume. ...I never even appologized. ...I thought I was being "Cool" at the time...
:lol: Heheheh :lol:

A ninja woulda run. Or threw a smoke bomb and then ran. :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote: Heh, a coupla years ago a dressed up as a 'Werewolf' (Really all it was was a 'Werewolf' muzzle that i glued to my face, and had the rest of my exposed skin painted to blend with it. Looks pretty convincing, even moved with my mouth. :D )

Glued to your face? What kind of "glue" did you have to use?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:
Aki wrote: Heh, a coupla years ago a dressed up as a 'Werewolf' (Really all it was was a 'Werewolf' muzzle that i glued to my face, and had the rest of my exposed skin painted to blend with it. Looks pretty convincing, even moved with my mouth. :D )

Glued to your face? What kind of "glue" did you have to use?
Dunno, was a while ago. Got it from a party store though, and it wasn't the glue you use for like...paper and such....

I think i remeber someone refering to it as "Spirit glue" or something. :oops:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

silverpaw wrote:HAHAHA thats awesome how old were you? yeah that would have been fun but yeah guilty i dont really get guilty if i do i shrug it off it's generally my mum oe friends trying to use reverse-phycology in me :lol: yeah
You don't feel guilty about anything?... Image

...how old? I'm not sure. It was so long ago. 4-7 years old, I think...
...and there was nothig "Awsome" about it. For all I know, I may have actually injured that guy all those years ago. I can't just shrug off guilt... It sticks with me. I still feel guilty for every mean or selfish thing I have ever done in my life. ...even the little things I broke and lied about when I was Four.

Sorry...Idon't mean to be such a downer. Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've never dressed up as a Werewolf before, even though I think I thought about it almost every Holloween. Back then, I only knew of werewolves as "mean, scary Monsters", and I had no desire to even pretend to be mean or scary. I wish I had now.

Kudos to everyone who has had the pleasure and/or courage to do so and enjoy it. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

How not to glue on a costume

Post by Scott Gardener »

From a medical standpoint, I must warn people not to use "rubber cement." If applied directly to skin and left on for more than a minute or two, it can be pretty irritating. I've treated in the ER at least one poor lady who used it to hold on a costume bra. Ouch.

So, make sure that whatever glue you use is not toxic to the skin.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:
silverpaw wrote:HAHAHA thats awesome how old were you? yeah that would have been fun but yeah guilty i dont really get guilty if i do i shrug it off it's generally my mum oe friends trying to use reverse-phycology in me :lol: yeah
You don't feel guilty about anything?... Image

...how old? I'm not sure. It was so long ago. 4-7 years old, I think...
...and there was nothig "Awsome" about it. For all I know, I may have actually injured that guy all those years ago. I can't just shrug off guilt... It sticks with me. I still feel guilty for every mean or selfish thing I have ever done in my life. ...even the little things I broke and lied about when I was Four.

Sorry...Idon't mean to be such a downer. Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've never dressed up as a Werewolf before, even though I think I thought about it almost every Holloween. Back then, I only knew of werewolves as "mean, scary Monsters", and I had no desire to even pretend to be mean or scary. I wish I had now.

Kudos to everyone who has had the pleasure and/or courage to do so and enjoy it. Image
Well, they were my cousins, so of course i didn't. :P

Guilt doesn't really stick with me. My memory is too bad. Only things that i feel bad about that manage to stick are embarrassing moments.

:oops:
From a medical standpoint, I must warn people not to use "rubber cement." If applied directly to skin and left on for more than a minute or two, it can be pretty irritating.
I don't think it was ruvbber cement, it wasn't too irritating. The only bad things about whatever iused were:
1. Taking the fah'ger off
2. Mositure would accumlate in the muzzle, some the inside of the uzzle was very...slick...
3. The older cousins/friends, upon greeting me, attemtped to see how strongly it was attacked. Which wasn't too funny at the time, but is kinda funny now. :lol:
Redstorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Redstorm »

I think the adhesive you are thinking of is Spirit Gum, if you bought it from a local highstreet shop.
Not bad stuff, you can also buy remover if you don't feel like yanking it off your face, though the remover becomes more important when you progress to even stickier prosthetic glues.