types

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Didn't there used to be a "Silvers Corner" section? ...all I can find is the "Replies to Silvers Corner" section.
Here it is.
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... m.php?f=20
When I click that link, it says it "Does Not Exist". Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Hey, Figarou! The Fox is right! "Replies to Silver's corner" segment doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Maybe that's why Silver is asking us here.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Actually, the "Replies" section is still there, but it is supposed to be an aria where we could discuss topics covered in the separate "Silvers Corner" section where Silver (the co-writer for Freeborn) would compile her desisions and conclusions about various technicalities about the workings of the werewoves in the film.

But that aria seems to have vanished...which makes it odd to have a "replies" section with nothing to reply to.

...odd...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Aki wrote:
Furthermore a book (which functioned as a thinly-vieled gameplay guide) in the game listed seven other lycanthropes in the lore of the world (though they don't appear in game or any subsequent games) including werecrocodiles (crikey!), werevultures (Haha), Werelions, Weresharks (that has got to suck...), and Werebears.

Quite the colorful collection.
Yeah, this is sorta off-topic but here's the link- On Lycanthropy

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Didn't there used to be a "Silvers Corner" section? ...all I can find is the "Replies to Silvers Corner" section.
Here it is.
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... m.php?f=20
When I click that link, it says it "Does Not Exist". Image

How odd.... that section says its only accessible to moderators. I'm not sure why that was done.
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

I am taking it this thread is STILL about what kind of were's are out there right?

If so after much research over a period of 9 years after finding out my phenotype as a wolf, I have come across mythical creatures (weredragons and werepegasus and the like) as well as were insects like ants and spiders -shivers-

there are also hybrids (think dragon crossed with wolf)
I'm Crazy Deal With It!
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

I have heard of hybrids before. I knew of a werehorse/wolf. I would think that to be really hard since horses are instinctively frightened of wolves. I wouldn't really see how it would be possible then to be two things like that, but I'm not judging that since I have nothing to back up my opinion :lol:. I think anything would be possible if there really were 'were's.
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

Actually, if you really look you'll find that myths and legends about werewolves are not as widespread as everything else. Weredolphins, werefoxes, werejaguars, weretigers, pretty much anything even remotely dangerous or attractive has a were-legend.
Werewolves are only popular because of Hollywood and "The Wolf Man". Heck, the whole "full moon shift" idea came from there! As did most of the "silver" nonsense. And the "infected bite" stuff. Most were-creature legends before the 20th century involved a cursed article of clothing that turned its wearer into whatever the heck it was cursed to be. Potions, magical curses, curses from god, curses from the devil, etc were the most common causes.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Yup. That's Hollywood for ya 8) Always making up silly stuff for all the humans to enjoy.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Yeah, well, it is their job :wink:
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

yea, it would kind be wired...something I don't think I would want to see in the move. A half wolf, cat, cow, dragon, fox, duck, mouse, house, tiger, lion, monkey, gazelle, bear, god, demon, fish, leapfrog and three and a quarter firetruck. Than again could we, I mean that would be pretty cool looking. I wish I could have a dragon-cat for a pet personally...Who needs a dog, When you have a cat that can fly and cook dinner for you.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

A cat-dragon? lol. Oookkk :D

So what bout the human shifter thingy we kinda touch on? Humans that can change into other humans. Did we say that already ??
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

I believe there IS legend of humans turning into other humans i read something ALONG time ago about that, i forget the name of it though...

-now wishes she knew what the name of it is again- shifters? no that can't be right...
I'm Crazy Deal With It!
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

Sky wrote:I believe there IS legend of humans turning into other humans i read something ALONG time ago about that, i forget the name of it though...

-now wishes she knew what the name of it is again- shifters? no that can't be right...
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there are several Celtic legends about humans turning into other humans.
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

Between the sexes

Vertumnus, in the form of an old woman, wooing Pomona, by Gerbrand van den EeckhoutA particularly noteworthy aspect is where the person changes sex, from female to male, or vice versa. Fiction that makes use of such shape-shifting tends to invoke themes not normally found in other shapeshifting fiction.

It may be merely used as means of disguise: appearing as a woman allows a man to enter situations from which men are forbidden. Zeus disguised himself as Artemis in order to get close enough to Callisto that she could not escape when he turned himself into male form again, and raped her. More innocently, Vertumnus could not woo Pomona on his own; in the form of an old woman, he gained access to her orchard, where he persuaded her to marry him.

In Norse mythology, however, both Odin and Loki taunt each other with having taken the form of women in the Lokasenna. The ultimate proof of this was that they had given birth to children and nursed them. It is not known what myths, if any, lie behind the charges against Odin, but Loki was the mother of Sleipnir

this is the only thing i could find from person shifting to person, there is "skin walker" but that also refers to shifting to were
I'm Crazy Deal With It!
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Re: types

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

Motsiewolf wrote:I dunno if there is another like thread, but I was just wondering of how many known types of "weres" are out and about. The most known type is the werewolf. I know of werebears, werecats, werefoxes, and even weresnakes. But I don't know of any others. :) I just want to see what others may exist. I just think it would be so cool if there were outragous stuff like werepenguins. :lol: That would be so cool.
The possibilities are seemingly limitless, considering how many creatures there are.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Possibility is endless, but that doesn't mean we can't name them. It is just fun to do so :D
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

Yes, I agree will the possiblities being endless, but what about, like insects? And I do already know that you (Motsiewolf) hate and are scared of butterflies. Don't you think it would kinda be hard to be a werebug? Who would want to be an ant? I know I wouldn't. Though that would be funny. :lol:
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Ants come after me in the dozens! I almost hate them as much as butterflies. I think that if one did change into an insect, one would change into a rather large insect. Ew! :P
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I'll find out about why Silver's Corner doesn't show. It should. It's supposed to be open for anyone to see.

I think that there should be a limited number of were types. If there were dozens, it would have become evident by now. Humans would know.

But every time I hear of a new type, I think 'It's so cool! We have t have THAT one."

I really DO think the types need to be limited.....but I can't think of one I want gone! How would we decide?
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

How interesting, I never thought of that concept. . . Why would we want one gone? :?
00airknight
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: The cool guy

Post by 00airknight »

The word "were" means man in latin thus our word werewolf means literally man wolf. The idea of other things is simply unoriginal. The idea was good at werewolf but can only go down hill from there. Anyone thought of a were woman? every full moon he turns into a girl..... :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

00airknight wrote:The word "were" means man in latin thus our word werewolf means literally man wolf. The idea of other things is simply unoriginal. The idea was good at werewolf but can only go down hill from there. Anyone thought of a were woman? every full moon he turns into a girl..... :D
Silly and unoriginal, yes...but FUN...

Although, it does raise the question...why WOLVES? How did that happen? If a Werewolf actually transforms into a Wolf, how did that crossover occur...and why couldn't the same process that caused Werewolves to exist repeat itself with a different creature?

Well...obviously, in reality it would not happen at all, but theoretically speaking, if a WereWOLF is actually a WOLF, (and not just a Homo-Sapien to Neanderthal transformation), then a Werewolf parallel with a different base animal reasonably could come into existence the same way the original Werewolf did.

...right?... Image

=^.^'= ~
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I suspect that the Were WOLF was originally (historically) an outgrowth of the competition and grudging respect that early Homo Sap's had for their major competitor; the Wolf; with a leavening of Shamanic Shape Shifter magic.
This actually plays out world wide: whatever animal is viewed as the most powerful usually gets a Human metamorph-job, courtest of the same respect for an intelligent predator that occasionally includes humans in its diet.
There are Were-Tigers (legendary) in India, as well as Were-Lions ( again legendary) in parts of Africa.
Now, since being included into the "Were-Whateverthe hell you are" includes interaction with humans in a dietary manner; one suspects that there might be Werewhatevers worldwide in legend and myth.
In short, Vuldari- Right!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Yes, I have to agree with Vuldari. Why WOLVES? The thing bout a dude turning into a girl every full moon is funny. I'd feel so bad for him. But then that would have to go the same for women weres, too, right? Yikes! I think I'd rather only change into a wolf thank you very much 8) Legends tell of many different stuff, but I think we can make it into sumthan funny, like the werebutterfly. Highly improbable, but extemely halarious.
well, maybe not for me :( :lol: