Human wolves

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
king2wolves
Legendary
Legendary

Post by king2wolves »

I think we should have some human wolf , half breed , and cross between wolf and human look Emoticons, since there are none in the emoticon list and also i think the look depends on the story, i mean after all "wolf" was a good werewolf movie. :lickshift:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Re: Right!

Post by Morkulv »

RedEye wrote:
ChaosWolf wrote:*points at 'Classic Wolfman'.* It's a gori-li-li-li-la!!!
It's a sad but true fact that we do resemble our closest relatives, the so-called "Great Apes". When the makeup artist or the graphic artist "beastializes" our face, it turns into a Gorilla. I've even seen Gorillas-with-muzzles that were supposed to be Werewolves...they weren't. (Underwhelm-oops I meant Underworld- is an example).
Guess why? Wolves don't have anything like the same facial structures that we have.
If you want to capture the Wolf in a human face, you have to make a lot of bone-deep changes. Sticking a muzzle and fangs on a human face leaves you with either a Gorilla-with-muzzle, or a Baboon.
For some reason, I really don't find the concept of a Were-Baboon as anything but sad...
I think you are more likely to get a bear-like face when you put a muzzle on a human face (Cursed, anyone?), wich is interesting I believe.

Remember that the gorilla has the least in common with our DNA of all "great apes" (96%). Ironically, even non-primates have more then 96% in common with our genetics then gorilla's.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: Right!

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:
RedEye wrote:
ChaosWolf wrote:*points at 'Classic Wolfman'.* It's a gori-li-li-li-la!!!
It's a sad but true fact that we do resemble our closest relatives, the so-called "Great Apes". When the makeup artist or the graphic artist "beastializes" our face, it turns into a Gorilla. I've even seen Gorillas-with-muzzles that were supposed to be Werewolves...they weren't. (Underwhelm-oops I meant Underworld- is an example).
Guess why? Wolves don't have anything like the same facial structures that we have.
If you want to capture the Wolf in a human face, you have to make a lot of bone-deep changes. Sticking a muzzle and fangs on a human face leaves you with either a Gorilla-with-muzzle, or a Baboon.
For some reason, I really don't find the concept of a Were-Baboon as anything but sad...
I think you are more likely to get a bear-like face when you put a muzzle on a human face (Cursed, anyone?), wich is interesting I believe.

Remember that the gorilla has the least in common with our DNA of all "great apes" (96%). Ironically, even non-primates have more then 96% in common with our genetics then gorilla's.
It's because we use the same stuff. The importance, however, is how it's used. Sorta like how you can have a bunch of stones and build a whole mess of stone huts, or take 'em all and build a pyramid. Same material, totally different use.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

True. But my point is that you can make more of it then just a 'gorilla'-face. The movie I mentioned earlier in this thread had a "wolf man" in it that looked quite good and realistic and didn't recemble anything like a gorilla.

Too bad I can't remember the name of that movie... :( But I'm 75% sure it was a Hammer Studio-movie.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I think the only Hammer werewolf film was Curse of the Werewolf:

I could be wrong, though.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Egad! He looks like a Klingon! Maybe that's the secret: Werewolves are Klingons in disguise!

:lol: :scottywolf:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Will some body put that thing down already! :shudder:

It's sooo darn ugly!! :sickpup:
THE GAME

My Armory
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

That ain't nice, dude...she's actually pretty hot...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

ravaged_warrior wrote:I think the only Hammer werewolf film was Curse of the Werewolf:

I could be wrong, though.
Wrong. I can still recall it was in full color. Maybe recorded in mid 70's or something.

I thought Hammer made several more werewolf movies... Well, I could be wrong. It was a English movie at least.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Curse of the Werewolf WAS in color. That's just a random picture I found. And yes, Hammer only made one werewolf film, and that was from 1961. However, just found this out, they also had a TV series called Hammer House of Horror that had an episode about werewolves called "Children of the Full Moon".
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Hmm... I believe it was produced in the seventies. I can recall that the movie was about a boy who got raised by wolves and got found by a circus, and then got used in a circus-act the rest of his youth.

I'll see if I can dig something up.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Was it the one where he fell in love with a prostitute?
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, it is. I just looked it up on IMDb, it's the only one listed under the keyword werewolf with circus in the plot summary. I noticed it the other day while looking, but I didn't mention it because I didn't agree that the werewolf looked that good, based on the small amount of pictures I found.
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

The best Wolfmen in movies were probably the one in Monster Squad, because it looked more bestial, and the one in Wolf, since Jack Nicholson is a good enough actor to look like a werewolf even when he is not fully transformed in that movie :P
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Doruk Golcu wrote:The best Wolfmen in movies were probably the one in Monster Squad, because it looked more bestial, and the one in Wolf, since Jack Nicholson is a good enough actor to look like a werewolf even when he is not fully transformed in that movie :P
I agree :) . Wolf is one of my favorite werewolf movies because Jack Nicholson did a fantastic job and the idea of the werewolf was great, as well.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

Yeah even though they didn't have the characters transform really far. The story and characters were of reaaly good quality, and Wolf remains to be one of my favorites to this day. :howl:  :oo
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

The problem I have with the mostly human half form is that theres not difference then between bigfoot and a werewolf. I like my wolves anthropomorphic. Though I have to agree. The only "human wolf" I liked was from Big Wolf On Campus because they didnt over do it.

http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/bband/con ... 7_wolf.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/ ... Campus.jpg
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Du-u-u-ude, I went to College with guys that looked like that all the time- except maybe for the teeth. It was the Seventies!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

:lol:
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

give me three weeks and i could look the same as big wolf on campus
but i prefure these kind of werewolves
http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Den/ ... rRf394.JPG
dang this guys a good drawer
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
Amoux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lost in a February Song

Post by Amoux »

No, I'm not a big fan of the half human hybrid look. I find it disgusting to look at. :P
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Actually, I thionk that the best interpetation of a form between human and Gestalt is Lobo Leo's.
XIV
KitWolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by KitWolf »

White Paw wrote:i dislike them both im still a big fan of the look of the one in van helsing and the american werewolf in paris movies...more wolf like than human like :)
I agree with that. More wolf-like always looks just so much better. The original wolf man looks like a yeti rather than a wolf.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Re: Human wolves

Post by Rhuen »

king2wolves wrote:Who here likes the human wolf , half breed , and cross between wolf and human look? I mean is the look good for werewolves?
http://www.horschamp.qc.ca/images/photo ... stian3.jpg
http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/wolfman.gif
In modern stuff I only like these if they are some weaker cousin of the werewolves.
In my own fiction I have some like this i call skinwalkers (abusing an actual term yes I know) just to squeeze them in amongst their stronger more fearsom counter parts.

This type also suffers the problem of looking more like an ape than a wolf. Make a human hairy and you basically get a demented chimp.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.