braces?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Okay, we're getting too far...
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

yeah i guess your right huh ... oh well ust do whatever maybe even confront them :x rraar :lol: good luck

Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:oops: waaay off topic, anyway......

what would having foot bits between your teeth do? i figure they'd just fall out, but... and cavities too. what about them?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote::oops: waaay off topic, anyway......

what would having foot bits between your teeth do? i figure they'd just fall out, but... and cavities too. what about them?
foot bits? Somebody has thier foot in the mouth. :lol:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Food bits. I'd imagine they would fall out.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

maybe, i can actually bend tht far, you know.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:Food bits. I'd imagine they would fall out.

I know she meant "Food bits." Just making fun of her spelling error. :D
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

aaa! duckie foot bits! aaaaa!

*transforms*

*foot bits fall out*

yep, they fall out.
Therian
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Therian »

hmm I would think that werewolves have pretty heathly teeth anyway. But with braces ect. that would be painfull, of course, but what would the dentist think if you came in for a checkup and their tore of every month?
I think there would be a way to like.......stop the change somehow so no problems with braces or something would get in the way. Cavitys or something like that probably wouldn't be much of a problem. Wolves and dogs doesn't get them I'm sure a werewolf wouldn't. ??
You all laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Therian wrote:hmm I would think that werewolves have pretty heathly teeth anyway. But with braces ect. that would be painfull, of course, but what would the dentist think if you came in for a checkup and their tore of every month?
I think there would be a way to like.......stop the change somehow so no problems with braces or something would get in the way. Cavitys or something like that probably wouldn't be much of a problem. Wolves and dogs doesn't get them I'm sure a werewolf wouldn't. ??
Unlike humans, wolves and dogs don't scarf down obscene amounts of sugar and other things that wreak teeth. :wink:

I'm sure the lack of cavities in wolves and dogs is purely because they either eat dogfood or other animals, while humans munch on candy bars and other junk regularly.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Aki wrote:
Therian wrote:hmm I would think that werewolves have pretty heathly teeth anyway. But with braces ect. that would be painfull, of course, but what would the dentist think if you came in for a checkup and their tore of every month?
Unlike humans, wolves and dogs don't scarf down obscene amounts of sugar and other things that wreak teeth. :wink:

I'm sure the lack of cavities in wolves and dogs is purely because they either eat dogfood or other animals, while humans munch on candy bars and other junk regularly.
What are you talking about...Dogs get cavities.

I know...I paid several hundred dollars to have my dogs teeth fixed cleaned, and a few pulled.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:
Aki wrote:

What are you talking about...Dogs get cavities.

I know...I paid several hundred dollars to have my dogs teeth fixed cleaned, and a few pulled.
Oh. Well. It's not something I research y'know, nor do I own a dog myself, so I went on the words of the guy I quoted.

*shrug*
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

A friend of mine has to change braces every few weeks because he handles them to rough and they just get loose. So, basically with a werewolf they will just let loose. Simple.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Jarden
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Jarden »

0_0 That would suck.
"River running free, You know how I feel" --Feeling Good.
Which, at 3 AM, didn't make any sense to me. The river is (usually,) always running. So, it really wouldn't know how he felt. Imagine what the river would give to play a game, write a play or run right back up the hill. Now, that's freedom.
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

Just thinking of braces popping of makes my teeth hurt. :( They should pop because if your jaw would reform to a wolf's jaw structure.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

That is one reason why I will NEVER get braces 8) :lol:
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

Apokryltaros wrote:What scares me is the idea of a werewolf getting silver fillings!
Just for the FYI Silver fillings are not used anymore.. well almost you really shouldn't get them they can fracture your tooth over time.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

dnl wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:What scares me is the idea of a werewolf getting silver fillings!
Just for the FYI Silver fillings are not used anymore.. well almost you really shouldn't get them they can fracture your tooth over time.
Tell that to my dentist. I got two silver fillings just last month. ...it's not solid silver...more like a hardened paste made from a compound including silver. It just looks like I have dull-gray paint on my teeth. ...not shiny silver like a Gold Tooth.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

Well, I would think that when a WW regenerates, his bad teeth would get better. So when he changed back, he wouldn't need fillers. BUT his teeth grew that way naturally....wouldn't they just go back to their natural state? They wouldn't straighten themselves out to the dentist's requirements......

So, when a WW changes he shouldn't wear a bracelet because it'll get too tight - wouldn't his braces get too tight? I don't know how braces are put on. Are they welded? If not, then would they just get bent apart as the teeth grew/changed?

I don't know enough about braces....
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Life, the Universe, and Flossing

Post by Scott Gardener »

Braces can pop off; it's a common problem to have sections of braces pop off and have to be reattached. I'd think a mouth trippling in size and spooting out ten extra teeth would send braces out pretty quickly. I'm sure it would hurt, too, though the werewolf might not notice because of the pain from the teeth itself, along with everything else. I do think 42 simultaneous toothaches would be one of the more memorable forms of pain experienced during the first shift.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Interestingly enough, no one has even mentioned the possibilty of a Werewolf Dentist. Seriously, a werewolf who's a dentist, who sees other werewolves.
And i really wouldn't want silver fillings:
"Ow!"
"what?"
"It's these damn fillings. They urn my ongue everytume i touch them. Ow!"
Okay, i've had my fun.
(Okay you've had your... damit, that was my line!)
Not anymore.
Ow!
(What?)
I was just thinking about what would happen with the braces. Something tells me certain werewolves would have the device the dentist uses to remove them. (They would probably need a dentist to put them back on. And, who doesn't ask questions that make him 'disappear'.)
Like your last one?
(You said you wouldn't say anything about that.)
It didn't happen, so why do you care?
(Hmmm. i don't know.)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Last edited by cumulusprotagonist on Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Unless their teeth were reaally bad, like all in a line, one behind the other; I suspect that Were's wouldn't have braces!
Most people don't need braces for eating; rather they're for cosmetic purposes. Note: I said MOST People don't need them.

Then there's the problem of working in a Were's mouth- all that saliva, just full of Were-making Viroids...

The real worry would be the healing of cavities-unless the replacement teeth are exactly like the originals...

that's why mine keep their Wolf teeth...economy!

I have spent too much time with the Brits; every time I see "Braces" I think "Suspenders" and wonder why a Were' would wear suspenders-
Right- to hold up his pants, since they don't really have hips.
Were's with Suspenders...wierd mental picutres....
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I don't think fillings are braces are gonna be a problem in a shift. Braces will just break off.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

And what is even more entertaining, is imagine what it would be like if you are beyond fillings, crowns, braces and plates and have actual implants.

Yeah

Implants sunk into your jaws and held in place with pins.

Silver implants ................

Imagine if you will, that even before you change, you may begin to get an allergic reaction. The burning sting, the halitosis, the supurating sores, the puss, swollen jaws, pain eating, heck aching all the time.........

I imagine you would really lose your Apatite then.................
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure