braces?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Never thought of that.
that would suck.
(no duh. but imagine this if you will: a whole mouth of implants. :evil: )
Oh, you...
(Can't say it here. :lol: I love doing that.)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Heh, but if, IF you have a whole mouth full of implants, imagine the aftermath, for surely you had a dental surgeon put those in there.

A night of abject dental misery.

The next day you find yourself with a nice full deck of (un)natural dentition.

Is he a werewolf or isn't he ?

Only his dentist knows for sure.......
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

huh? :?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Oh, now i get it.
And as i said, is it possible for a werewolf dentist to exist?
V, from V for Vendetta.

garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Why couldn't there be a werewolf dental doctor ?

His werewolf customers would likely be so grateful.

"Gee Doc, Fangs a lot !"
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

:D
V, from V for Vendetta.

Harry_Osborn
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Your Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist

Post by Harry_Osborn »

Silverclaw wrote:*shudders* that would hurt very much.

Born werewolves should not go to the dentist unless its an emergncy kindof thing. No braces.
Bitten ones will have it harder. They better find a way to remove them, by dentist or other weres. If not, it will be one hell of a full moon for em. Fillings would most likely be pushed out as teeth grow into sharp fangs.
Yes however it's not really that hard to remove braces, my friend was just eating beef jerky and part of them popped out and he couldn't get it back in. Not saying taking them out yourself wouldn't hurt (I've never had braces). But there is a lot of things you can't eat because it would either get stuck in them or dislodge them.
"We are the architect of our own demise."

~Me (Andy Davis)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Like Humans, for instance? :D
(His kidding. When i say it, i'm not.) :evil:
V, from V for Vendetta.

Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

Well, what would happen if a werewolves parents were to force them to get braces? Then they wouldn't really have a choice.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

Rosiewolf wrote:Well, what would happen if a werewolves parents were to force them to get braces? Then they wouldn't really have a choice.

Well then that would just suck :P
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

but would it not be hard for the werewolves to kill their prey if they get braces :? but if any
werewolves have braces on then i feel sorry for them. :(
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
Harry_Osborn
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Harry_Osborn »

Motsiewolf wrote:
Rosiewolf wrote:Well, what would happen if a werewolves parents were to force them to get braces? Then they wouldn't really have a choice.

Well then that would just suck :P
Then that would be bad... I guess they would be out of luck. I would feel sorry for them.

~Me (Andy Davis)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Forcing werewolf kids to get braces?
(That would suck. However, something tells me there is no such thing as "shifting" braces. {whispers} thank you.)
Oh, brother. You're right, but your really becoming a drama wolf.
(Eh, shut up. I'm always this way. Besides, if there are such a thing, those kids would never hear the end of it. MEtal mouth, brace face. Although, they couldn't really use silverfang. That sounds cool. {Obvious attempt at avoiding any more bad press}{ Turns to human} i gon hurt you.)
Plus, someone on this sight is named silverfang. Wonder if they ever had braces.
({Shrugs.} I don't know.)
Anytime you put metal into a supposed carnavores mouth, it has to be bad for the carnavore.
(Duh. :roll: )
V, from V for Vendetta.

Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:Forcing werewolf kids to get braces?
(That would suck. However, something tells me there is no such thing as "shifting" braces. {whispers} thank you.)
Oh, brother. You're right, but your really becoming a drama wolf.
(Eh, shut up. I'm always this way. Besides, if there are such a thing, those kids would never hear the end of it. MEtal mouth, brace face. Although, they couldn't really use silverfang. That sounds cool. {Obvious attempt at avoiding any more bad press}{ Turns to human} i gon hurt you.)
Plus, someone on this sight is named silverfang. Wonder if they ever had braces.
({Shrugs.} I don't know.)
Anytime you put metal into a supposed carnavores mouth, it has to be bad for the carnavore.
(Duh. :roll: )

:lol: :lol:
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rosiewolf »

Yea, I suppose the kid could still bite the orthodontist (sp?) people , but if they were to change...... :cry: that would really hurt. Some parents want their kids to be perfect. People like that scare me sometimes.
Harry_Osborn
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Harry_Osborn »

Rosiewolf wrote:Yea, I suppose the kid could still bite the orthodontist (sp?) people , but if they were to change...... :cry: that would really hurt. Some parents want their kids to be perfect. People like that scare me sometimes.
Don't worry people like that scare me to. Plus they are a pain to deal or live with.

~Me (Andy Davis)
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rosiewolf »

Yeah they are. But you know, wolves and dogs teeth aren't perfect either. I don't think that anyones teeth are perfect. They can have over bites, underbites, etc. But, i think that there is such things as braces for dogs. I think that I read that somewhere. I would feel sorry for those poor dogs that got braces. I mean that is just going over board. Who would want to get braces for their dog??? ?? I certainly wouldn't do that. And the money that it would cost to do that.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

man oh man do I agree woth ya sooo much Rosie. hwlwnk.If someone was stupid enough to do that then I would have to say that anyone who does actually put braces on their dogs are consider very crazy and must have been drunk to do such a terrible thing.
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rosiewolf »

Yes I agree. Dogs+braces=no!!!

Back on topic. Even if the werewolf were forced to get braces, I don't think telling their parent(s) would help. I mean, the parent(s) wouldn't really believe that their child was a werewolf, unless they are werewolves as well, but then of course they wouldn't force their child to get braces.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

actually rosiewolf, some parent(s) wouldn't believe in their cub as werewolves. they would judge them as just children who have bad childhood memories and wouldn't let them go.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Let's look at the other side, here. Suppose that the kid gets their wolf teeth before they can shift; as in suppose that the baby teeth are replaced by adult- and decidedly Wolflike teeth.

Then braces make sense. They remind the child not to open too wide, and they act as a distraction should the wolf teeth be seen. People would see the "Railroad Tracks" and ignore the fangs behind them.
Thinking of them as disguise rather than theraputic makes them very sensible for a young Werewolf going from child to adult (and able to shift).
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

RedEye wrote:Let's look at the other side, here. Suppose that the kid gets their wolf teeth before they can shift; as in suppose that the baby teeth are replaced by adult- and decidedly Wolflike teeth.

Then braces make sense. They remind the child not to open too wide, and they act as a distraction should the wolf teeth be seen. People would see the "Railroad Tracks" and ignore the fangs behind them.
Thinking of them as disguise rather than theraputic makes them very sensible for a young Werewolf going from child to adult (and able to shift).
Interesting... I'm coming in late on this. But I'm curious, what's the consensus on how the transformation would go with the teeth?

This is just the way I think of it, I don't know about everyone else, although it sounds similar to what Red Eye is saying....but teeth really can't change once they've fully formed, but bones can. There just isn't any biological mechanism that would let teeth change AFTER they've developed and erupted into the mouth....so the teeth would have to be longer and sharper than human teeth all the time. (Is that what you're saying, Red Eye?)

Also...here's a little detail that helps I suppose, but none of the teeth in the mouth would have to be significantly larger (maybe not even that significantly different) apart from the long fangs and the slightly shorter ones behind them on the top and bottom jaw....and there really isn't any corresponding tooth in the human mouth for these, as they kinda fit in between the 6 teeth in the front (from eye-tooth to eye-tooth) and the molars in the back. The solution to this, at least the way I see, it, is to have these significantly longer teeth "retracted" back under the gumline while in human form, much like your adult teeth before they erupt. There's plenty of room, no teeth have to physically change shape....really all that would be happening is the rearranging of your teeth as your top and bottom jaw extend and leave space for the fangs on the top and bottom as they erupt. Then during the shift back, they stash themselves back inside your gums. If this were the case, it might look like a weird set of chompers in human form, but it might not have to look all that significantly different. People might be like "hmm..your teeth look kinda strange" rather than "holy !@%# what's wrong with your teeth?!"

I got this idea, oddly enough, when I saw some scraggly looking guy up in Maine with the freaking whitest, most abnormally perfect set of teeth I'd ever seen.

So yeah...that's the way I like to think about it. Is that even close to what people have agreed on here?

And I know this thread is about braces, not teeth in general... is there a thread concerning the whole teeth thing?
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

anyone?

hello? :?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Take a look in the mirror and see just how many teeth are visible if you don't (a) open wide; and (b) don't stretch your lips.
Your incisors are visible; no trouble, since canids have similar flat-topped cutting teeth in their mouths.
Depending on things, your eyeteeth are visible and maybe the second fangs as well; here's how that works: The braces are over the fangs at a slight angle that makes them look shorter than they are, and the second fang set is usually hidden within the mouth. In pronounced cases, the dentist might even put a "cap" over the tip of the fang, making it look like a crooked tooth; not a wolf's "hole-puncher" tooth. There might not even be a second fang set: these are a mixture of human and wolf teeth, remember.
Past these, invisible to the normal world are the "Y"-shaped shredding teeth, hidden in the depths of the mouth next to the molars. There is no similar tooth set in the human, but this is deep in the mouth and not visible in all but a very few cases. A raised hand during a yawn, or a laugh; covering the mouth, reduces the risk to tolerable levels.
In the stories, these youngsters can't shift yet. That is in the future; no shifting until at least puberty and even that isn't complete until the fourteenth to sixteenth year of life.
Basically, this uses discipline as a child; self control as a youth, and normal mouth openings to achieve the disguise. The curious eye is mis-directed away from the changing teeth with braces, control, and care.
Besides, how many people of that age spend time looking in each other's mouths? :?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

RedEye wrote: Besides, how many people of that age spend time looking in each other's mouths? :?
you'd be surprised.

then again...my school might just be weird.