braces?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

speaking of wolves teeth before shifting. I have my wisdom canines coming in and they hurt like :VERYcaf:
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

Mine too, and they definitely are a pain in the arse.

They're actually coming in straight, but they're making the rest of my teeth even more crooked... and they're supposedly set too far back to pull without dislocating my jaw, which the dentist doesn't want to bother doing unless it's absolutely necessary to remove them......so I've got to wait until they're done coming in before I finally can have my freaking teeth straightened :(
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I guess this thread can be about teeth in general, but honestly, there are chemical changes that cane be made to rearrange one's teeth and what with the other crazy stuff going on, adding teeth in isn't tooooo awful much of a leap.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

... If your teeth are a pain in the arse, then you really need to look more carefully when you sit down...
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

>.<

:lol:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Owww... That brings up some painful memories. Being blessed with Canidensis imperfecta, or real Wolf teeth, I had a bloody *ell of a time back when I was young. I know your pain! Been there, got the bumpersticker.
There was a nice side, though, after my teeth and jaw finished growing. My eyeteeth, or Canines; extended a quarter inch beyond my incisors, top and bottom. It was fun, since I could smile a Wolf's smile for real. They even interlocked.

Now, at sixty, they are a bit worn, but stiill prominent and still effective. I plan to get dentures with the same set of pointies, top and bottom; d@mn the extra cost.
So be patient, you might be able to say, "Werewolves? Don't exist!" then smile... :evil: and freak 'em out. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

Wow, my eye teeth are longer than they should be but not by that much. As the local LARPers describe it I ahve a nice set of fangs a la Interview with a Vampire. I also have a bit of an overbite so the bottom ones actually fit behind the top ones.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

That's Canidentia insipidus, the "mild" version of the thing. Do the lowers also extend as well? Welcome to the "club". :D

IF...once your teeth have "settled", you can shear meat with them, then its my style of Canidentia. Have fun, stating profoundly that "Werewolves don't exist", then smiling and leaving people wondering if they do... :lol:
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

lol...my teeth are so screwy i'll have to wait until after i get them straightened to know for sure if they'll wind up anything like that...

but a friend of mine had the fang thing going on bigtime.... and when he had his braces removed, the dentist took out the drill and was filing down some parts of his teeth so they would line up right... then he completely filed down his canine teeth from their previous length, without notifying him ahead of time. Needless to say, the guy was very, very pissed.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I was lucky. The same thing almost happened to me, only the dentist commented on what he was about to do.
I asked him if he wanted his drill up his @ss straight or sideways.
He took the hint. :lol: I got another dentist. I was sixteen at the time.

By grinding your friend's teeth down, without asking first, the dentist commited an assault, a criminal act.
If your friend was paying for the work, he should have withheld payment, claiming excessive and unnecessary work had been done. The dentist also shortened your friend's tooth-life considerably. ( He can buy caps or crowns later from the same chisler that damaged his teeth in the first place, which was probably the dentist's intention.)
At the very least, he should complain to your state's Dental Quality Review board. That is NOT good dental practice! :x
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

RedEye wrote:That's Canidentia insipidus, the "mild" version of the thing. Do the lowers also extend as well? Welcome to the "club". :D
Yeah the lower ones extend as well. As i said, bit of an over bite evena fter they settled so the bottom ones aren't as noticable if i smile with my teeth together. the annoying thing is I did have braces and the teeth still slipped a bit. :P
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I had more fangy teeth before I got braces, then they casually went ahead and relined up my teeth so they're not fangy anymore. Bah. They weren't medically fangy though, just slightly.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

yea umm he he he. I am going to get braces this week. ANd every one is saying that werwolves are in more pain with them on then haveing pain without them. is that true?
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

yes it is
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

how is that soo? :?
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

would it hurt when I shift or it would just hurt completely?
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

because my ww teeth and jaws are hurting along with my human teeth.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

what should I do to stop the pains.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

okay just got my braces. and they hurt like . . . :supermad: :drunx: even if ww can not feel them in their jawz but they stiill hurt,
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I'm sorry to learn that your braces hurt. I hope they stop soon (you will get used to them, regardless of what you think right now).

There are various over-the-counter perparations that ease the pain of wearing braces until you get used to them. Ora-Gel and Anbesol make good ones, and so do other dental support businesses. Go look, and read the box carefully. You want either something that temporarily numbs if the pain is in the teeth, or something that coats the inside of the mouth if you're shredding the insides of your cheeks.

Tylenol works, too; but only dose as the directions say. Overdosing on acetomenophen (Tylenol, etc.) is real bad for your liver (as in it kills it if you take enough overdoses).

Warm salt water can help, and so can ice water; but be careful...braces can make your teeth more sensitive to heat and cold.

Finally, there are Toothpastes that are made for sensitive teeth. The toothpaste kind of numbs them with repeated uses.

Also, talk to your dentist. Don't be put off with,"youll get used to them;" tell the dentist they hurt NOW and ask what to use to make them more comfortable while you get used to them.
And remember to brush! Braces can be cavity bacteria condominiums, so keep them clean by brushing after every meal.

Hope you quit hurting very soon.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: braces?

Post by Fyriewolf »

thanks redeye. have you had ever thought of being a counselor for a school? :? hwlwnk
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Re: braces?

Post by fenrisz »

if you are werewolf with braces i think you would lose the wires completly along with a good amount of the brackets but i think a few would be still stuck onto you knowing those stubborn things as well for fillings thats a lil more tricky fillings are made mostly outa mercury or quick silver they do this so that the filling with change shape expand and shrink with your own teeth such as when you eat something hot the metal expands to be the same size as your tooth expanding and vice versa for something cold like icecream though the physical change would be far more radical in a werewolf transformation and assumming that the cavaties dont instantly heal there might be a small chance that they could contour and change shape to keep the in the teeth though its pretty unlikly but itd also depend on which tooth its in because a back toothe for a wolf isnt that huge a difference from our own molars asside from being stronger and slightly more pointed but regardless i would not want to be a werewolf with any kind of dental work because no matter hw you look at it your teeth are gonna be hurtin after you change back to human
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept