What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Intellect for the consensus werewolf would be the same in all forms, so that shouldn't be a factor. Also, a seasoned werewolf should be comfortable with the wolf form. Many of us are at least in our minds OK with it, and we're not even real shape-shifters.

Opposable thumbs are pretty useful, I would have to agree. And, I still would have to concede that the Gestalt form would be the most strategically advantaged form for basic combat, though I can see situations in which the other two forms would come in handy--yes, the basic human form, too.

Being low to the ground in wolf form could be an advantage in some circumstances, for example. It's also probably the fastest form. (Wolves can easily run circles around humans.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
IblisPendragon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ekte norsk varulv

Post by IblisPendragon »

iolarnula wrote:True, but their opponent is probably not going to stand there and let the werewolf rip the back of his/her leg out. I know I wouldn't ;) Therefore there would be a fair amount of fighting one each others' part to try and get to their weak points.

But I think the idea that these filmmakers are going for here is that the midform werewolf is not just a beast, but has human-level intelligence (I think). Therefore it could choose to fight like a human (whether or not they are a martial artist, bar-room brawler, limb-flailer, or whatever), like a wolf, or a combination of both.
A combination of both is most probable yes. But since they have human-level intelligence they should be able to make traps, right? Why fight when you can just lure your enemy into some well conceived trap and let it do the job for you...but the again there's the beast's hunger for blood....tricky
.? That is the problem with you mortals, you die too easily. You hardly fight back. A couple of pitiful screams and a little squirming and you are done. I can hardly call it satisfactory."

What's the point? They got their Keanu Reeves now...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

IblisPendragon wrote:
iolarnula wrote:True, but their opponent is probably not going to stand there and let the werewolf rip the back of his/her leg out. I know I wouldn't ;) Therefore there would be a fair amount of fighting one each others' part to try and get to their weak points.

But I think the idea that these filmmakers are going for here is that the midform werewolf is not just a beast, but has human-level intelligence (I think). Therefore it could choose to fight like a human (whether or not they are a martial artist, bar-room brawler, limb-flailer, or whatever), like a wolf, or a combination of both.
A combination of both is most probable yes. But since they have human-level intelligence they should be able to make traps, right? Why fight when you can just lure your enemy into some well conceived trap and let it do the job for you...but the again there's the beast's hunger for blood....tricky
Eh?

The Werewolves in this have no hunger for blood, or anything, really. Unless you forgot to eat dinner or lunch. :D

Concievably, if a Werewolf's fingers/digits were not too large, he could use a M-16 in Gestalt form if he wished. Even if that would look oh so ....wrong.

:drillsgt:
IblisPendragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IblisPendragon »

no hunger for blood? No beast - like urges to repress?..where's the fun in that?

No conflict between the urge to rip things apart and the human's wish not to?....aww :cry:
.? That is the problem with you mortals, you die too easily. You hardly fight back. A couple of pitiful screams and a little squirming and you are done. I can hardly call it satisfactory."

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

IblisPendragon wrote: No conflict between the urge to rip things apart and the human's wish not to?....aww :cry:

werewolf 1-- I have the urge to rip something apart!!

werewolf2-- *hands werewolf 1 a phonebook* "There you go, rip to your hearts content."

werewolf 1-- *tosses phonebook back at werewolf2*
IblisPendragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IblisPendragon »

something living :nohowling:

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

IblisPendragon wrote:something living :nohowling:

:lol:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

IblisPendragon wrote:no hunger for blood? No beast - like urges to repress?..where's the fun in that?

No conflict between the urge to rip things apart and the human's wish not to?....aww :cry:
Nope, Freeborn's Werewolves have complete control of their actions.

That doesn't mean there aren't a few Werewolves who like to rip things (like humans) apart however. :wink:

:biteme:
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

Come....I shall teach the boy!(quote from Bambi)

:sickpup:
:howl:  :oo
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

i can't tell what looks worse-aki's emoticaon or JB's one that has some REALLY bad timing. it
s making me nautious. :cry:
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

:D Eh!....It's intentional.... :D
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

For the record, opposable thumbs would be exceedingly useful to a werewolf for fighting, I mean, if you think claws are scary, MWAHAHAHA!"

"Oh my goodness it's a WEREWOLF! And it's got a SWORD! AND A GUN!"
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

:roll: I wouldn't say death would ever be involve as it could with wolves. Werewolves would definitely use teeth though.
Claws would most likely be used, especially with the females....(whispers) wear a cup....
Back feet may be used as well, especially for kicks and pouncing. I just happen to use pouncing in my martial arts. It is quite effective and they never see it coming. I cant use it in class, because it give off too much force and I ended up knocking the wind out of him before he hit the ground.
TKO!!!
His ribs are getting better....I hope. :(
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Oh, werewolves could use claws, teeth etc, as well as fists and opposable thumbs. They could use martial arts as well but it'd require practice due to a likely change in a werewolf's center of gravity as well as a change in the shape of a body.

Tools though, even rudimentry tools would be exceedingly useful to a werewolf. I mean, would you really want to fight a creature with a make-shift club in one hand and a fist full of claws in the other? My guess is no, not unless you had a good projectile weapon.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Re: Your father wanted you to have this...

Post by Lupin »

Scott Gardener wrote: Clawing:

Clawing as an attack mode is an extrapolation, since neither humans nor wolves have a significant claw-based attack. But, it's a plausible one for a Gestalt-form werewolf, though the razor-sharp claws of some monster movies is very over-the-top. A clawed hand can do a raking attack, whereas a hand without claws or no hands doesn't lend so well. Because it's a new feature that emerges from the wolf / human fusion, it might be one of the first things that comes up in the invention of a werewolf fighting style.
I figure it would do the same amount of damage in gestalt form as a cat of similar size. The claws on the hands should be of similar sharpness since they're not being dulled by wlking on the ground all the time. And yeah they might not be razor-sharp, they would still inflict a hell of a lot of damage (my cat did this when he tried to crawl up my pant leg. Too bad I was wearing shorts at the time.)
IblisPendragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IblisPendragon »

Aki wrote:
IblisPendragon wrote:no hunger for blood? No beast - like urges to repress?..where's the fun in that?

Nope, Freeborn's Werewolves have complete control of their actions.

That doesn't mean there aren't a few Werewolves who like to rip things (like humans) apart however. :wink:

:biteme:
hehe..I feel better now..it's going to be interesting to see the werewolves in a different way, not all savage but human too...I reckon I'll still get scared...werewolves are scary, even if they're "nice".

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

The werewolves with shorter claws can get special ones made out of metal to go over the existing ones. It's like what they did for Zhaneel in The Black Gryphon. (it's a book)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Reilune wrote:The Black Gryphon. (it's a book)
And a good one, at that.

-- Vilkacis
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Picture a werewolf holding a pistol, pointing it and growling--wolf-like growl, not cheezy pig-snort growl, mind you. Now that's intimidating.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Picture a werewolf holding a pistol, pointing it and growling--wolf-like growl, not cheezy pig-snort growl, mind you. Now that's intimidating.
Don't forget adding a cigar in the werewolf's muzzle.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:Picture a werewolf holding a pistol, pointing it and growling--wolf-like growl, not cheezy pig-snort growl, mind you. Now that's intimidating.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote:
Figarou wrote:

Like this!!!

JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

How do you think werewolves fight......slapping each other's hands and name-calling :lol:
IblisPendragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IblisPendragon »

Figarou wrote:
Aki wrote:
Figarou wrote:

Like this!!!

OMG!

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

IblisPendragon wrote:

OMG!

he he!! Thats me!! :lol: