What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Venom from marvel is really meant to be Black, but that doesn't show up well in alot of places so they used a blue tint. Guess they over did it for Marvel vs Capcom.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

I wa hopin' I'd find a topic of this nature!
Being a martial artist, I'm compelled to offer my two cents. While others have already suggested the Five Animal forms of gong fu, I was surprised when I couldn't seem to find anything about capoeira in this thread. Capoeira (especially capoeira angola) requires above average strength and flexibility, as the body is in constant motion and attacks may come from the oddest of angles. During the jogo (match), competitors alternate reqularly between bipedal and quadropedal stances and movements (along with handstands), their speed and and flow varying depending on the rhythm of the berimbau.
Capoeira kicks also seem more applicable to fighters with, say, digitigrade legs, in contrast to the kicks of taekwondo or muay thai.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHAix0QvavY

I'd also recommend the lesser known gong fu style of guoquan(dog style) for ground fighting.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
nomadvgabond
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by nomadvgabond »

a werewolf would easily be able to come up with his own style they are after all born fighters. also coming from a martial artists point of view there is a style of karate that uses "dragon" like clawing techniques that could be adapted for a werewolf. also if they had a martial art it would be very brutal and at the same time very organized and much like human martial arts.
"in wildness is the preservation of the world so seek the wolf in thyself!" james hetfield- of wolf and man.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

Post by Volkodlak »

Well this depends on a werewolf design so if werewolf looks like normal wolf he can only fight as wolf or dog would.Fighting in Hybrid form is more complex some ideas:

-Palm punching would be used instead of normal punch becouse werewolf cannot make a fist.
-Slashing well its most logical and easiest too learn plus its also most common way of fighting besides the bitting in movies
-Grabing and ragdolling it could be used on humans its simple you grab him and throw or slam him into something so you basicaly overpower him.

Well for werewolf hardest fight would be fighting a human withou intend too kill or seriously harm him becouse of superhuman strenght while changed
Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Re: What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

Post by Kveldulf »

I think it's going to depend on circumstances. If fighting another werewolf, say for dominance within the pack, there may be pack rules that require the fight to be in full wolf form. In which case, the two will fight very much like natural wolves - but experience counts for a lot in that regard too. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some packs, or people in some packs, that developed the natural lupine fighting style into a martial art on its own. I would expect that very few intra-pack fights would be to the death - a lot of authors seem to have this idea that challenges for pack leader have to involve killing, but I am not sure why; that's certainly not a given with natural wolves.

In bipedal "wolf-man" form, or human form with only fangs and claws (and yes, I do know that clawing is pretty much not a thing with natural wolves), I would expect to see human martial arts modified to take advantage of the additional weapons. I think the point made earlier in this thread - that the physical and emotional self-control required by most forms of martial arts would be a very, very beneficial thing for a werewolf - is an excellent one, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if some packs required their members to at least practice some form of discipline on that principle (not to mention that, outside of cubs and nursing mothers, I don't think there *are* official non-combatants in actual wolf packs...just some wolves that are really much less disposed to make an issue of dominance things on their own behalf; but they will, I believe, also fight if the pack is threatened). I can't really think of a style that would be more favoured in general, as human martial arts styles vary widely, and some are more suited for either specific body types or specific objectives. Though I suppose if one's pack allowed challenges in human or semi-human form, there might be a tendency to encourage "softer" arts such as aikijitsu, as being better-suited for establishing dominance without actually doing as much damage. But then, given lycanthropic healing abilities, that could be a moot point anyway.