What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

Post by Kwipper »

I have been thinking about this for quite sometime. How exactly would a werewolf fight? Also, could a werewolf hone his fighting skills or combine them with a form of martial arts to create a style more suitable for the gestalt form? What are your thoughts on this?

... and try to keep the matrix jokes to a minimum. :)

DUCKIE FU!!! *breaks out the nunchaku with rubber ducks in place of wooden sticks*
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

I would think that a werewolf would just go for simple, brutal savagery, with biting and clawing, mostly biting.

The Stargazer werewolves, from Werewolf the Apocalypse, developed their own martial arts, "Kailando," which focused on using their shapeshifting ability. However, I doubt that such a thing, or even a reasonable knock-off would be done in the movie, either due to FX-funding or fear of WhiteWolf's lawyers.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

That would totally depend on the individual and the situation. I think most werewolves would not go out of their way to "train" themselves for a fight, but instead would generally try to avoid such a confrontation alltogether. ...too much risk of "infecting" the person they are attacking, as well as drawing too much negative attention to themselves if those they are defending against (or are attacking) live to tell the story.
As for Werewolves fighting werewolves, unless there was some kind of underground WereWolf fighting matches, they would probobly just "wing it" when the situation arose...
*Slash...kick...tackle...bite...punch...grab...bite again...*

...though a Werewolf who happened to be a master of martial arts as well would be a very powerful figure indeed. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I would think the WWs would fight much like real wolves. First circling around, snarling, ect. See if the other will back off. Then fight if it really is necesssary. Depends what form their fighting in and if its a dominence fight of a full out fight. Hmm, I'll have to look up wolf fighting styles. :D

Edit: Eye contact defiently. And in a small kindof fight, the stronger wolf will pin the other to the ground, snarling and growling in their face.
In a full out fight, the two fighting wolves will try and shove the other to the ground, biting and such.

btw, I like your wolfie head Vildari 8)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Hmm. It would definitely depend on the situation. Is this a fight between a werewolf and a human? Two werewolves? Is there lethal weaponry involved?

If the fight was between a werewolf and an unarmed human, I imagine the werewolf wouldn't be overly threatened, and might take the time to make the kill look like, say, an animal attack. Alternatively, they might try instead to avoid excessive bloodshed (evidence, that is) and try to herd the human to some place where the mess would not be found or there would be enough time to clean it up.

If the fight was between two werewolves, then I will assume that either dominance is a factor or at least one wants the other dead. If dominance is the issue, the goal will likely be to show superiority rather than seriously harm the other. However, given werewolves' ability to regenerate, this could be rather brutal. The fight would be all about showing that one is faster, stronger, and more intelligent than the opponent. Or, possibly, it could come down to who can take more damage and still remain standing. One who has trained themselves to fight in a disciplined manner would likely stand at a great advantage. If the fight was to the death, then impressive hits might be forgone in favor of lethal attacks. If the death-wish is one-sided, then we may see one trying to flee, while the other is, well... trying to kill them.

If there is lethal weaponry involved, my personal strategy would be to either take them out before they had a chance to use it, or to run away and ambush them later. Probably the latter, as I prefer to err on the side of caution, should something go wrong.

-- Vilkacis
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

A werewolf could potentially experiment with different fighting styles to see which can be incorporated into his gestalt form, but I think most werewolves would put more of their effort into maintaining a sense of anonymity. Werewolves could be fast and agile, but I'm having a hard time picturing one of them getting a good kick in anywhere above their opponent's knees, so the only fighting styles among humans that would work would be boxing and wrestling (and not the kind you see on Summer Slam), only with claw swipes substituted of punches, at least assuming werewolves can't make a proper fist. Werewolves are predominantly human, so they might be less likely to resort to biting.

That said, it really depends on who their fighting.

In the case of a human, a werewolf's first priority would be disarming him. Once that is accomplished, he wouldn't use much effort either way. If he wanted the human alive, all he'd need to do is either pick him up or pin him down, which his larger form would allow him to do in a multidude of ways (did your dad ever do this to you?). And if he wanted to kill the human, he could give him one claw through the neck to simulate a stabbing weapon, or avoid any telltale evidence altogether by snapping his neck... Or I suppose if he had a strong stomach, he could kill him however he wanted and just drag him elsewhere to, um... *ahem* "Dispose" of the evidence.

As for a pair of werewolves fighting... That's a tough one.

If both werewolves wanted each other alive, they would probably be more brutal than in their dealings with humans, but it would still only end once one has the other in a position where it can't move. They could probably attempt to pound the other into submission, but werewolves are most likely too tolerant to pain to give in to something like that.

And if they wanted to kill each other... They'd probably all have their own techniques, but they wouldn't be very professional and the only thing they would all share is that they would best guard their neck and chest.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

Post by Figarou »

KwipMoonhunter wrote:
DUCKIE FU!!! *breaks out the nunchaku with rubber ducks in place of wooden sticks*

Heh, something I would do!! :lol:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

That reminds me, I was using my Llama-fo today. *Spits*

I think it would be very primal. Biting, kicking, slashing. Or for any of those whho love to play werewlf on darkstalkers (someone here has it in their signature.), they could fight like that. But mybe not jump that good.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:That reminds me, I was using my Llama-fo today. *Spits*

I think it would be very primal. Biting, kicking, slashing. Or for any of those whho love to play werewlf on darkstalkers (someone here has it in their signature.), they could fight like that. But mybe not jump that good.

Or fight like the werewolf in Killer Instinct!!

Heh, that'll be something. :D
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

*Spits*
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I would assume in a Werewolf versuswerewolf fight with both in gestalt form, they would be semi-similar in fighting style to Wolves. Circling, before rushing in for the attack, from there it either goestwo ways:
1. Brawl
2. Both retreat after attack is attempted andbegin circling once more.

Against humans it would just be a matter of closing the distance and doing what is needed.

I think Werewolves, like Wolves, would move alot during fights, relying on agility.

Ever since playing The "Bloodmoon" Expansion for "Tes Elder Scrolls: 3 Morrowind", it has been quite apparent to me that agility is a great asset to a Werewolf. For to survive as a Werewolf, you needed to use your speed, jumping, and powerful strikes to hit hard and get away, otherwise your enemies (who were armed with silver weaponry) got attacking you, as a Werewolf couldn't heal itself.

And, in Freeborn's setting, while you do got modern day hostitals, the guy walking in naked, clawed up, and bleeding profusely is going to raise alot of eyebrows, no? :wink:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: so what if he walk;s into a vet's offoiice? as a wolf?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Shadowblaze wrote::lol: so what if he walk;s into a vet's offoiice? as a wolf?
Oh, smart.

But i think big fraking claw marks would still raise eyebrows.

That, and that hes a Wolf.

Wolves tend to stay away from Humans, so one in a place with a Vet's office would be odd.

One getting in the office is even odder... :o
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

I think how a werewolf fighs in gestalt form would have a LOT to do with whether they had ANY training on how to fight as a human.

Someone untrained would probably submit completely to a savage untrained brawling with clawing, biting, etc. (Full wolf form, keep in mind, WOLVES don't CLAW) - so I would think that bites would come more naturally regardless of whether or not they have large claws.

However, someone trained previously would probably have their fighting style shaped by what they know. Most training teaches one to react on almost a subconscious level -and I don't think that those gut reactions would change with the shift, only become more effective with added dexterity, strength, and claws/teeth. Of course, I could see some of the feralness coming into play, regardless of how collected and calm they were as human.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

No offense, but even if he could somehow impersonate a husky or a german shepherd, he'd still raise a lot of eyebrows for his ability to take himself to the vet.

Though personally, I don't think it'd be the lack of clothes and all the claw marks that would cause problems for a werewolf in the hospital -- he could just rehearse some bizarre story about how he got mugged by this guy with some ninja weapons that stole his clothes, and chances are that, unless everyone in the whole hospital is apprenticing, someone will have heard stranger.

What he'd really have trouble explaining is how he made a full recovery overnight.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Or just that they don't take samples that may have DNA in it, people are ging to wonder about that wolf DNA.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

i was joking. i know that wouldn't work. but a werewolf would probably just use what he has. a werewolf, just by the merit of it's improved weapons, would orbably outclass ohter things. but then again, a human trained in combat could probably kill one. but a werewolf trained in combat would be unstoppable. kinda.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

I would think they'd learn some sort of fighting style, maybe some martial art to help them focus their thoughts better while in hybrid form. Maybe thats the difference between a 'good' werewolf and a evil one; the good one has better focus and control when shifting and in his / her hybrid and full wolf form where as a evil one lacks this control and just lets themselves revert to a primal state causing more problems than wanted. Any good werewolf would frown upon this and either help the one that lacks the control or in some cases where they don't want the help, be forced to kill them

Just my 2c :|
*When you're down... howl*
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Genetic testing is VERY expensive, and I doubt that a routine injured patient would have any tests run that comprehensive ^_~
Beastofgaia
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Beastofgaia »

- She the Mother of all things... we are her sons and she take care of our live... I will howl this night in order to open my heart to her...
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

use of Genetic testing is VERY expensive, and I doubt that a routine injured patient would have any tests run that comprehensive ^_~
to the

True true
we all know that garou can create a "fetich" i mean a mystical object... and i think that the Garou could use it in battle... but some Garou aren't born to become fighters...
We all? REally? Cause I didn't know.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:? A what now? I never heard of that. and it sure won't be in the movie...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

..."garou"?..."Fetich"?...Image

...WTF are you talking about?! Whatever Novel, RP or whatever universe those terms came from, they are not the all encompassing rules and truths of what a werewolf is. ...and yet they are valid as well. ...just not to THIS film. When you are using references from other Werewolf incarnations, try to keep in mind that, however popular it may be, it is only ONE VERSION of werewolves, and not THE "indisputable, universally accepted", facts.

I'm sure the werewolves you are referring too are cool and all, but I, as a Werewolf Fan, along with many other members of "The Pack', don't, "...all know that a garou can create a fetich...".

...now that I have that off my chest... Werewolves being able to create mystical objects? Those must be some powerful werewolves. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

Post by Kwipper »

I shall be Mr Spellright and say that it's spelled F.E.T.I.S.H.
Eridani

Werewolf fighting...

Post by Eridani »

Take an example from the Flood from the Halo series. Werewolves have been characterized to be able to leap long distances. Also, vital points of an enemy or prey have been pre-programed into feral wolves' instinct. Basically, the first to seriously damage those will be the winner.