What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
lycancomplex
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycancomplex »

How about animalistic martial arts or a fighting style that beastly?:punishment:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

nope .......... just instinctfull stalking and tracking prey.... then the take down........straight to neck with claws ripping at the face and chest.... lck :evil:
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Hmmmmmmm, am I the only one here that believes that a werewolf may use brains over brawns?
Werewolves are suposed ta be a mix of human and wolf, and for the most part, we agree that they keep the mind. So, shouldn't said mind know how to act. Humans can defy insticts and our imagination alows us to invision posible scenarios and ways of going about a dong them. So, my belief is kinda related to subject of werewolves using weapons. I mean, A werewolf could go on insticnts and completely ignore the fact that it can think, but I'd rather perfere a werwolf that could stalk and sadisticaly taunt its prey/opponent.

Damn, I can never say my "theories" straight out, casue to explain one, I have to explain like five others for it to make scence. Damn me and my corresponding/balanced "logic".

*any thing in ""s is not to be taken for its true form.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well that brings up another question...... when turned into a werewolf do you keep your human intelligence to be able to think and act tactfully and be able to taunt his prey... or when turned would the beast take over and instinct play a role....

.............. also if said were had some form of intelligence why hunt humans and risk exposure when he could have some form of suppliment at his home...and not even go through the trouble
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Well I might be repeating what others have said but I say it depends on the type of werewolf.

Anything from animalistic savagry to martial arts.

However I must say I can not picture a Werewolf puncing. I have long fingernails "hardly claws" and I can only hit open palm. claws would get in the way of making a fist. So I would say a Werewolf would either slash or use somekind of marital arts.

a good example of a famouse martial arts werewolf would be Jon Talbain who crosses werewolf savagry with street fighter like martial arts.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
THE ONE AND ONLY
Legendary
Legendary

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

Depends on what person is like who transforms into a were is like. I could see a rather disciplined individual able to control him/herself empotionaly able to plan ,and strategize how they fight. But the longer a fight goes on, and if a rather painful injury happens in combat, those inhibitions go right out the window, and the fight is reduced to teeth and claws like the Tasmainian Devil in the Looney Tune cartoons.
GENSI
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GENSI »

White Paw wrote:nope .......... just instinctfull stalking and tracking prey.... then the take down........straight to neck with claws ripping at the face and chest.... lck :evil:
i_agree_but_would_use_speed_and_wits_to_get_there_oponent_to_the_ground_to_to_finish_with_a_neck_blow
FEARTHEHOWL
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

I want to fight Like a wild Animal Just let you Instent Take over and use what ever sence of fighting you have left in you mind to plan out a attact :x
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

howlbigbadwolf wrote:I want to fight Like a wild Animal Just let you Instent Take over and use what ever sence of fighting you have left in you mind to plan out a attact :x
and, umless you are an immune-to-all-but-silver ww, will die when faced with any half-prepared human opponent.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Timber-WoIf wrote:
howlbigbadwolf wrote:I want to fight Like a wild Animal Just let you Instent Take over and use what ever sence of fighting you have left in you mind to plan out a attact :x
and, umless you are an immune-to-all-but-silver ww, will die when faced with any half-prepared human opponent.
True, but since when does the average hicker carry around a shot-gun?

Also the size, speed, and strength of the werewolf counts for something, if its a small werewolf it might have trouble, but if its a giant or even just normal wolf size it could best most average humans. even a german sheppard can best most people.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

A shot gun.ummmm i dont know but a hand gun with hollow tips yes but unless he hits me squar in my head i would still attact, but i hate humans they dont taste to great anyho :lol:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i like to stick up for the humans, so there is one thing i do leave out: the panic factor. I'm pretty sure everyone save trained fighters or spycho baddasses would lose it if face to face with a snarly ww.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Mad_ferret
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: The Aluminum king of insanity

Post by Mad_ferret »

Here is what I think. Werewolves can be seen as the link between man and beast, so they would take a bit from both. They could claw, slash, bite, and whatever. Also, because of their human nature, they can do things that humans can do.

"Be formless... shapeless like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, and it can crash. Be water, my friend..."

I think werewolves will be a mix of bestial fighting, and human combat. I believe they would mix hand to hand combat with their primal insticts. Sometimes they may decide to bite or slash, others they may decide to smash you, or snap you neck in your hands. It also depends on how much of a warrior they are. Their could be peaceful or neutral wolves. There could also be berseker wolves, and warrior wolves. I am sure they can also wield human weapons like swords, bows, and even guns (given they are most likely custome made).

If a werewolf's mind reverts back to primal instinct, then they would most likely slash and bite. If they are able to keep human conciousness, then they may slash and bite, along with sword play, gun fights, roman-greek wrestling, and even martial arts. Wouldn't it be awesome to see a capoeira werewolf?

"Jeet Kune Do: it's just a name; don't fuss over it. There's no such thing as a style if you understand the roots of combat."

Another factor would be pride. Those werewolves who are overly proud would probably not use human based weapons or styles. They most likely would use their claws and teeth, or a style they invented theirselves. Those who aren't so proud, may be flexable and pick up human inspired combat techniques.

And of course, their is physical limitations. Like someone mentioned before, it would be pretty hard for a werewolf to make a fist. I am sure they can get over some limitations they may have, and be able to kick you a** like that.

Werewolves are a mix between man and beast. They are the reminder that we are one with nature, and nature is one with us. A werewolf would rely on both nature and man-made combat techniques. If a werewolf was to learn hand to hand combat, they would probably first learn them in a human form, then try to transfer their skills to their shifted form. I feel that would probably be the easiest way.

"Use no way as way; use no limitation as limitation."

well, that is just my humble opinion. I hope you take into consideration what I said.

All the quotes were from Bruce lee.
"When the wolf bane blooms,
And the autumn moon is bright
Man may become a wolf." ~ Wolf by Iced Earth
Yoru Kurosawa
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Yoru Kurosawa »

I guess it would depend on the combat experience of the werewolf in question. Some of us know how to fight, so we'd utilize that effectively, possibly wield weapons, but those of us who don't really know how to fight would probably just resort to slashing with claws and biting; savage tactics, no offense to those of us who do that (hey, I myself will slash and bite.)
I change with the moon. When it's dark, I am black, when it's full, I am white... and when it's niether, I am shades of grey.

"Shift Happens" ~ Goldenwolf
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

I'd say looking at the average person who gets in a fight that the average werewolf would probably fight the same way, very little skill and relying mostly on brute force.
Now if they were a person who trained to the point that their moves become second nature then I can see that carrying over into the werewolf form, like a reflex.
Amarok
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Amarok »

Just look at two mad wolves fighting, then look at two humans fighting.
Melt it kinda together and you find the werewolf way of fighting. :)

That's how I think of it :wink:
Amarok the wolf spirit will watch over you...

I am a writer what are you??
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

They just slap each other continuously until someone cries... :jester:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Avareis wrote:They just slap each other continuously until someone cries... :jester:

gay werewolves.. :lol:
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

I have seen people fight, its a sad sight, they slam their fist into each other like Gorillas. guess give them claws and bigger teeth to bite with and you get the average werewolf.

It would funny though to see a werewolf beat its victim with a Poolque.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Rhuen wrote:It would funny though to see a werewolf beat its victim with a Poolque.
Hey hey hey, don't diss Venom, he's freakin' awesome. :x

See, if he was a werewolf, it would no longer be funny, but awesome.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

kitetsu wrote:
Rhuen wrote:It would funny though to see a werewolf beat its victim with a Poolque.

No data found. I do not know of this character.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Thanks, I was previosuly un-aware of this game series.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

kitetsu wrote:

Impersonater, hes no match for the original!

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Nah, i think both Cueboy and Bluesuit can best each other well. Cueboy has nasty pool balls of hell coming out from freakin' everywhere, and Bluesuit is... well, we ALL know what he can do. :>