What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Why does no one ever take my word for anything? Sheesh...

Post by Set »

I don't exactly see someone letting a werewolf kick them in the face. More likely to hit an arm or a leg. Those claws would also have to go through bone on a high enough kick, which is prime opportunity for breakage.

You'd be surprised at just how much it takes to kill a human being, or even seriously injure them. A normal person is tough enough, but if they're ever high...oh boy.... You can fill someone on drugs full of bullets and they'll still come after you. Ask the cops if you think I'm lying.

As for the size of the holes...clearly you know nothing about knives, or even sharp objects in general, or you wouldn't be displaying the ignorance I see. It can go in, certainly, but getting it out is another matter entirely. A regular knife with no grooves in the blade will get stuck. That's right. Stuck. In just flesh alone. There's a kind of mini vacuum created that makes it extremely difficult to pull the knife out.

A person also will NOT bleed if the knife is still in them. That's why in first aid training they tell you not to remove embedded objects. There are special knives with notches in them that let the victim bleed while it's still in them. A wolf's claws, however, are like the regular solid blades. Even knife blades - which are metal - break. It would be foolish to assume mere fingernails won't.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah I know about the whole bad guy still coming at you while being pumped up with led, HELL thier has been cases where a guy got a half clip in him and still kept fighting and later just fell down dead. But also we both missed the point, in a kick the claws are necesarly gonna go head on into the flesh and bones, its gonna swipe it, kinda like when you take a sword and just swing it across, you might the curled claws might get stuck as it goes across the face but the claws can curl up, My dogs can do it and a so can wolves. So its not gonna be stiff as a kinfe as its going across someone. And also how do you think the velociraptors cling on to their prey? With thier claws, thier claws are used to cut, kill, and get on top of preys bigger than them and I dont think they had much trouble in getting thier claws out sense most of the bones had thier big claw well intact.

Also the werewolves claws on thier feet would be MUCH tougher, bigger and thicker than that of a humans and a wolves, so I think it can handle alot more punishment, than you think. Our nails are so thin and are only hanging on to the top layer of the skin, ofcourse its gonna break real easily.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote: Also the werewolves claws on thier feet would be MUCH tougher, bigger and thicker than that of a humans and a wolves
Now THIS I agree with.

However, as far as the rest of this discussion goes, I don't really know who I agree with since I know almost nothing about fighting with claws or sharp objects.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Shadow Wulf wrote:But also we both missed the point, in a kick the claws are necesarly gonna go head on into the flesh and bones, its gonna swipe it, kinda like when you take a sword and just swing it across, you might the curled claws might get stuck as it goes across the face but the claws can curl up, My dogs can do it and a so can wolves.
You were implying the use of claws as a stabbing weapon, not a slashing one, so that was what my response was to.
Shadow Wulf wrote:And also how do you think the velociraptors cling on to their prey? With thier claws, thier claws are used to cut, kill, and get on top of preys bigger than them and I dont think they had much trouble in getting thier claws out sense most of the bones had thier big claw well intact.
Again, you were implying stabbing, not slashing. Velociraptors swivel their claws to slice 3 foot long gashes in their food. They don't use it to stab. Also if you look close on a velociraptor claw you'll notice a groove running down the side. It's there for a reason.
Shadow Wulf wrote:Also the werewolves claws on thier feet would be MUCH tougher, bigger and thicker than that of a humans and a wolves, so I think it can handle alot more punishment, than you think. Our nails are so thin and are only hanging on to the top layer of the skin, ofcourse its gonna break real easily.
Yes, human nails are weak. Horse hooves are not. But like I said before, they still break. Ask anyone with a horse and they'll tell you the same thing. I would expect the same of werewolf claws. No matter how much tougher they are than human nails they're not made of diamond. (Even if they were you can still break a diamond with a hammer.)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Nooo, I didnt say anything about stabbing, did I say anything about stabbing, did I say anything that describes to stabbing, no I said slash, you thought I meant stabbing and I said or meant no such thing. Sorry.

Oh and I had a typo

But also we both missed the point, in a kick the claws are NOT necesarly gonna go head on into the flesh and bones, its gonna swipe it, kinda like when you take a sword and just swing it across, you might the curled claws might get stuck as it goes across the face but the claws can curl up, My dogs can do it and a so can wolves.

Anyway I didnt really say anything about stabbing, you assumed I did.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

Set You know a lot but too much and too little it not that hard to kill a person are body really an't that tough.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

dnl wrote:Set You know a lot but too much and too little it not that hard to kill a person are body really an't that tough.
Exactly what are you driving at?
There have been people who have survived having one or more limbs being torn off, and people who have survived being run over by cars.
I highly doubt that killing a person with a sharp blow to the head is enough evidence to say that humans in general are delicate, fragile creatures.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
dnl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by dnl »

Guy for story sack call him bob. well bob get's into a barfight with his friend...Friend gous to punch Bob, Bob duckes class ring scrapes the side of his nack few days later his lag startes to tingle. Next week he parlierzed from the neck down.

Guy was drunk got hit by 6 cars...Big feat too bad he bleed to death. People who can push them selves hard do to the effects of drugs and other such userly die becouse they bush there body's to far.

But yes people have suvired from being hit by cars, gun shot wounds, and loss of limb. Luck mybe

people have been shot in the head but din't died becouse the pullet craved around the skull but other's have been marly hit in the head and died.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

dnl wrote:Guy for story sack call him bob. well bob get's into a barfight with his friend...Friend gous to punch Bob, Bob duckes class ring scrapes the side of his nack few days later his lag startes to tingle. Next week he parlierzed from the neck down.
Unless the person already has a preexisting medical condition they won't be paralyzed from a mere scrape. Perhaps the ring was rusted, or had some other contaminant on it. I highly doubt some guy in a bar bothered sterilizing his ring before getting into a fight.

What exactly is your point? Humans are not delicate. If we were, our species would've gone extinct a long time ago. Earth is a tough neighborhood.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Can we get a ratio of how many people die from said mortal injuries to ones that survive? I just want to see how many people die as to survive.

OT:

I think a werewolf in a gestalt form would fight more with its claws. If it got close enough it might use its feet to force the opponet down on the ground.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
dnl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by dnl »

What exactly is your point? Humans are not delicate. If we were, our species would've gone extinct a long time ago. Earth is a tough neighborhood.
I think that can be summed up as...We are smarter than the avrage bear.
There have been people who have survived having one or more limbs being torn off, and people who have survived being run over by cars.

...and how many of them would of survide there wounds with out modern medical treatment.
Can we get a ratio of how many people die from said mortal injuries to ones that survive? I just want to see how many people die as to survive.
kind hard to do this were many country dont keep the best medical records and so many differnt kinds of mortal rate's[/quote]
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Regarding human toughness:

There have been documented cases of humans taking everything from bullets to pistons directly in the skull and through the brain and suffering no ill effects, even living with these objects in them for extended periods. Like, decades.

It comes under the heading of "freakish accident."
ImageImageImageImage
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

vrikasatma wrote:Regarding human toughness:

There have been documented cases of humans taking everything from bullets to pistons directly in the skull and through the brain and suffering no ill effects, even living with these objects in them for extended periods. Like, decades.

What about whathisname who had a hole blasted through his head and lived, even though a metal spike was blasted through his nose and out of the top of his head?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Set wrote:Earth is a tough neighborhood.

Heh. Sounds like someone else read Animorphs. :)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I think thats because they got hit in the part of the brain that we dont use. And plus thier has been cases where a bullet richochet off a persons skull and went at another direction.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I think a werewolf should do capoeira! :wacko:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Renorei wrote:
Set wrote:Earth is a tough neighborhood.

Heh. Sounds like someone else read Animorphs. :)
Yup. Unfortunately I only have one or two books in my Animorphs collection left, and I never did get to read all of them.
Shadow Wulf wrote:

I think thats because they got hit in the part of the brain that we dont use.
:roll: Humans use ALL of the brain, every single damn cell of it. As does every other living creature on this planet.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Seemingly small injuries CAN and DO kill humans.

...thing is...the same happens to Wolves, Bears, Lions, Bulls, Sharks, and just about everything else.

When you place humans on a scale of toughness with every other living creature on earth, we may not be on the very top...but we are also far from the bottom.

Relatively speaking...we ARE quite tough to kill. ...even moreso when you factor in knowlage of first aid and access to modern medacine.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I think thats because they got hit in the part of the brain that we dont use.
We use all of our brains — serially. It's not static, it's dynamic, it changes continuously. The story that we only use 30% of our brains is an urban legend.

Dammit, I'm gonna need to do a websearch now...this is tickling my brain and you guys got me thinking... :splodey: :read2:
ImageImageImageImage
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

why would they not just use the hack and slash type of fighting such as bears. there is no real way to balance on one leg to kick if the usual paw shaped feet are the way you want them to looks, and the teeth would not be used because that would leave your eyes and head in a vulnerable position and since you have to shake to tear stuff off the head would be vulnerable for far to long, so the only plausible way of fighting would be to use fists/claws and arms. I can not see a werewolf holding a sword or having a gun, that would defeat the entire purpose of transforming. So hack and slash is the only way a werewolf can fight, in my own opinion.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I'm still going to use a pair of 6 foot long escrima poles and do escrima stick-fu if i transformed, thank you very much.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

vrikasatma wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:I think thats because they got hit in the part of the brain that we dont use.
We use all of our brains — serially. It's not static, it's dynamic, it changes continuously. The story that we only use 30% of our brains is an urban legend.

Dammit, I'm gonna need to do a websearch now...this is tickling my brain and you guys got me thinking... :splodey: :read2:
I think it's alot like a computers hard drive.

A small portion of it is comprised of crucially essential data and functions, and if that part gets damaged...we're screwed. The rest is like open memory space. When you learn something new, be it concious knowlage, or a sub-concious motor-reflex (such as a certain way you learn to catch a ball, or a trick you do with your footing to stop from falling when you trip), it is stored on the open "Grey Matter", and is processed from there. If the "Primary" programs/Data is damaged, it is lost for good, but if the "Secondary" information is damaged or lost (due to cranial injury, or other brain damage due to temporary bloodloss in the brain) it is only temporarily lost untill it is relearned using the healthy grey matter that remains.

We have access to ALL of it at any given time...but we are never using all of it at the same time. Most of it is on "Stand-by" or is filled with trivial blips and unused habitual reflexes. None of it is "off limits". ...it's just, our brains mental processing power is incapable of thinking about that many things at the same time.

Don't quote any of that as researched medical theory though. This is just my own perception on the subject, based on my own limited knowlage.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Who's cares what happened to those people was there fault no j/k lol but If there was to ww fight each other I would picture kung fu style fighting not but I wouldnt really say how they was to fight but I could picture a human fighting a ww off with a blade or something in a forest or in his house or he would just run. So shut you're hole on you're face or I'll shut it for you :biteme: :lol: j/k
Last edited by forsaken_wolf on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"lolis"
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Werewolf or not, I'd still probably just run away flailing my arms crazily.
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

kitetsu wrote:I'm still going to use a pair of 6 foot long escrima poles and do escrima stick-fu if i transformed, thank you very much.
Somehow I find it difficult to imagine a werewolf doing anything even remotely similar to this: