Oh-Oh! The Newly Bitten

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Lupin wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:
Syzygy wrote:And to top it all off it is always fatal.
What did you expect with congenital diseases that produce infectiously defective proteins?
Sugar flowers and lollipops?
More importantly, what's a sugar flower?
:lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

A flower that's been dipped in sugar, like, say, candied violets.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Sounds nasty.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I thought you can just eat some flowers alone without any sugar, or artificial sweetening.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah, but its nasty either way. :P
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Generally, sugar flowers are for decoration, not eating, anyhow.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

When I think sugar, I think eating. :P

:wacko:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Sugar is also a preservative, as people don't like putting wilted flowers on their cakes.
The ancient Egyptians used honey as an embalming fluid.
-Calculon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Waste of perfectly good honey if you ask me.
:P
(Not that anyone has, but hey, Internet.)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I know what happens to that stuff after it's been sitting for awhile. How anyone can eat it amazes me. Besides, honey is too sweet for me. :P
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Set wrote:I know what happens to that stuff after it's been sitting for awhile. How anyone can eat it amazes me. Besides, honey is too sweet for me. :P
Did I ever tell you about the tale of three Bedouins who found out about how the ancient Egyptians used honey as an embalming fluid when they discovered a jar of honey...
With a child's head in it?
Imagine that sitting in honey for a while!
-Calculon
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Sounds like it would make a good scene in a horror movie.
Eat more tobasco.
Sinapu

Post by Sinapu »

wow I just went from being bitten by a werewolf to sugar flowers and honey. :lol: But Im a newbie so I dont know what really goes on behind the scenesof pack discussions :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Nothing wrong with honey. :D
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

in my opinion the moon wouldnt have anything to do with the change, physically at least, it might have an affect on them mentally
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

geekboy1500 wrote:in my opinion the moon wouldnt have anything to do with the change, physically at least, it might have an affect on them mentally
Like becoming obsessed over shopping at stores that have "Moonlight Madness" sales?
-Calculon
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Or listening to 'Blue Moon' for 10 hours straight?
Eat more tobasco.
wolfwing
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by wolfwing »

*havn't read all only on page 3 so sorry if repeating anything already said*

Well on the subject of werewolves hiding away, thats actually in nature. Cats as anyone thats had them will know that when they are sick they will often hide themselves or disapear, which makes treating them if it's possible tough. Not sure about wolves, but I know that other animals will try to seclude themselves so might make sense.

On the subject of the virus and such...I had a thought about the infection. My theory is that it wouldn't be...active in human form. If a human was bitten by a werewolf in his human form what would happen is the inactive virus would be seen as a intruder and would be destroyed.

BUT on the full moon it be active...and like other viruses me feeling is that it's first job when being bitten into a person when active would be to coat itself with the infected persons cells...basicly mimicing them. I know that some viruses do this which makes them tough for the body to fight, because to the body the virus is just normal cells.

This would allow them to flow through the body faster...and get into the lymph and blood system through the bite allowing them access to every part of the body and a quicker infection meaning they could infect by the end of the 3 days of the full moon while they are still active.

Or maybe they remain active over a certain period of time. As to why the change would happen during the full moon...maybe the virus, or the infected cells is effected by the moon and the sun. The position of the sun and the strength of the moons pull....would create the change. One thought was that the virus...had a builg in gyrascope, so that it always faced the direction of the sun. ANd it was porous...allowing for the active matter that causes changes to be released under certain circumstances. AKA the moon being full would open the pores enough to allow the material out and allow the change. Maybe the infected could learn to do this on their own over time.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

geekboy1500 wrote:in my opinion the moon wouldnt have anything to do with the change, physically at least, it might have an affect on them mentally
I don't really see how lunar rays would come through the eyes and enter the brain or come to the insides of ones body from the skin to trigger the change...
wolfwing
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by wolfwing »

Well mentally could happen by the moons gravity effecting the chemical balance in the brain, maybe werewolves would be more susecptable to it.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Just Bitten?

Post by RedEye »

Gotta wonder...is it the Moon's gravity, or is it the Light (which is Unique in Nature) that triggers the shift. If moonlight can trigger Corals to spawn, why not trigger Were-ing?
That's why I avoid Moonlight Madness sales: I've seen several Shifted Werewolves, curlers still in their hair......At least they Looked like....
For the Newly Chomped, there is hopefully some sort of Sponsor who will help the newby through the stages of Mutation (Don't call it Infection, dammit!). If not...either they will become rather warped, rather dead, or one of the stories NOT reported on the News at Eleven.
The way that it's handled in the Motion Picture is most likely what would happen...just the same,
Never tell a Werewolf: "Bite My @$$"...they just might. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Just Bitten?

Post by Dreamer »

RedEye wrote: For the Newly Chomped, there is hopefully some sort of Sponsor who will help the newby through the stages of Mutation (Don't call it Infection, dammit!). If not...either they will become rather warped, rather dead, or one of the stories NOT reported on the News at Eleven.
Well, that got me wondering, what about the reaction of any werewolf packs in the area? My view is that they would have to try and find the infected person ASAP, preferrably before the first change, and try to help him through the transformation. THe reason for this would be to keep any mayhem from happening because of a stressed out and new werewolf with no idea what the hell happened to him.
Last edited by Dreamer on Thu May 17, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XIV
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

That would depend on the degree of organization in the local Were'-Packs.
Now I know there are some folks who say there aren't any such thing as "Packs" of Werewolves...that they are singletons, alone.
That just doesn't make sense. Wolves are intensely social, as are humans.
IF there is a Wolf involved, there would be packs.

As to keeping a lid on things, finding the newby and hiding/controlling them until there is something beside pure angst and ferocity (a bad mixture any time of the month); I'd say certainly. It's called covering their tails...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Okay
If i am repeating anything, I've only read some of the posts, so sorry.

About the bite:
In the beginning of my story the main character bites someone in a "reawakening".
In my stories, the Hunters (the actual name of his villains) sometimes take young Beasts (the name of another group in his story. They include anything that is bestial in nature, but does not live forever, with a few exceptions, including dragons) from the homes they ransack and "quiet" their inner beasts. In my story, whenever an inner beast in shown, say, inside a human for example, its usually sown with chains binding it. The number of chains depends on the number of times it's been held back. As time grows, the beast will eventually weaken or die. Then you have a person who cares nothing for himself or others, as in my story, Beasts are the source of compassion. Anyway, the "Quieting" usually places false chains around the beast. (This is also his explanation of why a newly created werewolf can go can loco: the beast is pissed, pardon my language, and is trying to make the human pay by destroying their life.) In the "Reawakening", a werewolf can bite a quieted werewolf, and the werewolf will regain the powers it lost. I didn't really go into detail about that, because a "reawakening" usually has no side effects.
If the pack was to recruit someone, (usually after they did something for either the pack on for ones its members) it would go something like this:

Step 1: a human saves a werewolf from being killed by The Hunters.
Step 2: The werewolf will stop the helping human from fleeing, by either stopping them to check their wounds, if any, or by saying "It's not safe running around with fifty or so werewolves out there."
Step 3: werewolves meet to discuss options. Sometimes human is invited in for conversation, mostly, they are ignored.
Step 4: They ask the human if he or she would like to be part of the pack. If not, they are usually released, with the warning, "We are watching you; we are everywhere in the world, from the politicians to the bums on the street. Don't betray us." Or if they had said something about not saying anything about them before: "Please, keep your word that you won't say a thing." If they do...
Step 5: They are taken back to the pack Complex, basically a giant stone den, with rooms for each of them. (Nice touch, huh?) There, a spell is cast to allow them to talk with their inner beast. The Beast is usually an amorphous shadow creature, that takes the form of whatever beast the human is to become. During this time, the human must explain why he held the beast back, and apologize for anytime the beast should have been released. For every explanation it accepts, that chain is removed. For every apology it accepts, that chain is also removed. Usually, one chain remains: "Why did you bind me in the first place?" (I doubt any excuse, or apology would work for that one.) After some hours work (it can take up to a month for beast to freed) it usually is moved to...
Step 6: The human is bitten, and their inner beast takes the form of a giant wolf, with differences in fur color, age, experience, etc. (A human at the age of 20, can have a beast the age 140.) They have control over their transformation, as long as the beast lets them. They may experience a slight split personality disorder, so to speak. (At first the beast has to tell the human how to use their transformed body, but eventually, the human can tell what the beast is saying without speaking to each other.) The wound inself heals quickly, but has to be covered for the time it takes. The immune system has to adjust to the new abilities (not to mention it doesn't have to do much. His werewolves are immune to almost every disease in the human world. Like his character says "Unfortunately for me, i never had a sick day when i was really sick.") and it will take some time to get used to the whole regeneration thing, but they do.
(One last thing: don't hate him, but he made his werewolves [/i]vegetarians[/i] and gave an excuse why: "I don't eat meat. One, because i chose not to, and two, because other than Hunter, any meat that touches my tongue, causes me to relive the horrible sights, sounds and feelings of being killed and dismembered a hundred fold." Weak, i know, and not werewolf-like in the least, but he's tired of seeing werewolves eating meat because thats what they're suppose to do. Any suggestions of how to make him change his mind, please?)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

okay i have a question. Would the newly bitten feel like he/she is in Hell or is in a different dimensional universe? I mean when I was bit by a werewolf I had felt like I was in Hell and i didn't know if other newly bitten wolves had felt the same way. So which one is it? And also if a newly bitten kills the werewolve that had bit him/her will they be back to normal or will they remain a werewolve? ??
p.s. i know that 1/2 of this is probably off topic but I just want to know what would a newly bitten will feel on their first full moon night.
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!