Oh-Oh! The Newly Bitten

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Harry_Osborn
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Your Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist

Re: Journal of Lycanthropology and Therianthropy, vol. 32...

Post by Harry_Osborn »

Figarou wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote: Afterwards: One gradually learns conscious control over shifting, but can look forward to a lifetime of dreaming about shifting in public and being known by name at the nearest sushi / sashimi bar.

*walks into sushi bar*

Human- "yo yo!! Its Figarou!! Whats up dawg. So what brings you in here?"

Figarou--"Heh, I'm out of fishies to toss. Gotta stock up on some more."
Sushi is good. Sorry that was totally off topic.
"We are the architect of our own demise."

~Me (Andy Davis)
Harry_Osborn
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Your Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist

Post by Harry_Osborn »

Anyhow yes the idea of them being totally oblivious is my more favored one. Most likely it would not be even close to the vampire way as I originally thought, but then again weres are totaly different, not to mention that those two speices don't favor each other. Most things I have seen with werewolf victims most of them don't know it (I said out of the ones I've seen) I suppose it could be battled either way. However if it is virus like I can see you not even knowing about it, a lot of viruses are like that, not colds and stuff but instead stuff like HIV that people may not even know they have (I do believe that HIV is caused by a virus but then again I'm in high school so yeah).

Sorry this probably isn't much help and I probably am sounding very ignorant.
"We are the architect of our own demise."

~Me (Andy Davis)
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Oh-Oh! The Newly Bitten

Post by Volkodlak »

i see some have ideas about observing newly bitten its good idea but detaining or kidnaping is a very bad move if you ask me, why?
you can be seen doing it and witness could call police and there is problem of bitten one, he will be a mess after being bitten expecialy if he saw what attacked him and kidnapink him could backfire fast,why?
because he wont be happy about it and instead of gaining new pack member you will have new enemy.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's all a matter of tact. There's a difference between the right way and the wrong way:

The right way: apologetically restraining someone temporarily and saying, look, sorry, but you'll thank me later; you're going to need our help. You're not going to believe what I need to tell you, so I'll have to show you, too. After that, this will all make more sense.

The wrong way: "This is your rite of passage! We're tying you down, slapping you with fishes, and waterboarding you! Oh, and, you're a werewolf. Sorry about that. Blame Phil." "Yeah, that was totally me. My bad." Smack! Punch! Thud! Crunch! "That's to help keep you from running off too soon. Don't worry; you'll heal it back."
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

In my point of view :

after the bite:
- Wound will hurt as any other bite wound would
-They will need too gain 20-30Kg from one full moon to another(1 Kg/day) so they will use toilet very rarely and eat more
-They will feel slight pain, because body is changing, and their temperature will rise
-Their capabilities will slowly increase so they will not notice this if they are siting and watching TV or surfing internet
Drachona
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Drachona »

I know this is supposed to be for fun, but I can't even really think of something clever to say. Even toying with the idea of transference through bite, in my opinion, only encourages the idea. And, as a result, I get more requests to "change" someone.
MiraRoss
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by MiraRoss »

Silverclaw wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:34 pm Okie Dokie, this is for the newly bitten!(duh)
A human is bitten and survives. They will change with the full moon when the time comes. So here is the question, what effects would they feel from the bite? Not right before they change, but from the time it happened up until the night before the full moon. Sick? Pains? Feverish? Physicaly sick and/or temorary mentally ill?
Ex: Ginger Snaps 3. When Ginger is bitten, she becomes very ill and is bed ridden for a time.
Who says being bitten makes you one? Any proof. It's been tried and tested and nothing happened