Wolf-Man

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Wolfzilla
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hillbilly Werewolf.

Wolf-Man

Post by Wolfzilla »

All right, I admit, I'm a stickler for the classics. Is anyone else a fan of the old type werewolves? Not the ones from teen wolf where it's clearly aperson, just furry. If you look at the Wolf Man designs, you realize that he does have wolf-like features. THe most prominant being his snout and maw, both enlarged, and his feet. I think that if I were to design a werewolf it would be simmiler to the original design, with a more snout like face.
Oh my God, the Wolfman's got nards!

"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it has worked pretty well so far."
king2wolves
Legendary
Legendary

Post by king2wolves »

wolfman type werewolves always give me a feeling that their possessed by a wolf spirit or demon and that's why they usually end up looking quite human, but that's just me. :tribalwolf:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I'm with you Wolfzilla.

Although I would not say I Prefer the Old-Hollywood version over more truly traditional WOLF werewolves (that actually become four legged wolves) or the more dramatic Large, Powerful "Gestalt"/Anthropomorphic/Hybrid Upright walking Wolf Beasts of modern Werewolf fiction...

...I still stand by the opinion that the 'WolfMan' style werewolf maintains a charisma all it's own, and still has alot of potential to be exploited. It just needs a bit of refinement somehow...the Man with a BEAST/WOLF Inside that is showing through, rather than the Man trapped Within the body of a beast.

It is a different interpretation of the same idea with a whole different range of creative possibilities.

I really LIKE the look of the classic "WolfMan". Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

You could argue a case that the Wolf-Man and a Werewolf are two different beasties.
Or, A Wolf-man is akin to a "panic-shift" that happens fast, under the effects of being scared silly by something; while the Werewolf is the more complete version of the same thing.
I'd go for the latter: Ol' Brillo-face is a panic-shift, wherein the Wolf is in control; mostly to get the Werewolf (him/her self) out of danger--THEN the shift completes, and goes on the the Werewolf format.
It makes a weird sort of sense: just the Wolf capabilities that enable flight/flight are accessed; in say-maybe twenty seconds: then after the lifeform is safe enough, the full shift happens and we get a Werewolf.
Bears considering... ??
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

RedEye wrote:You could argue a case that the Wolf-Man and a Werewolf are two different beasties.
Or, A Wolf-man is akin to a "panic-shift" that happens fast, under the effects of being scared silly by something; while the Werewolf is the more complete version of the same thing.
I'd go for the latter: Ol' Brillo-face is a panic-shift, wherein the Wolf is in control; mostly to get the Werewolf (him/her self) out of danger--THEN the shift completes, and goes on the the Werewolf format.
It makes a weird sort of sense: just the Wolf capabilities that enable flight/flight are accessed; in say-maybe twenty seconds: then after the lifeform is safe enough, the full shift happens and we get a Werewolf.
Bears considering... ??
Weird fact...in the Classic "WolfMan" film, starring Lon Chaney Jr., he was actually bitten by a werewolf that was in the form of a full blown quadruped wolf, and not a "Brillo face" like he became in the film. In that instance, it could be presumed that if he lived long enough as a werewolf, his transformations may have progressed to further stages...or perhaps it is only the ORIGINAL person whom the curse started with that changes all the way, while the 'bitten' only became partly cursed. I'm not sure. It has been too long since I've seen the film to remember if that discrepancy was ever explained.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I'd be fine with the Wolfman style if there was a long bushy tail involved. :D I think the classic style is rather ... well, classic looking. It shows more human expression.

But I'm a big sucker for tails. Always have been. Nothing to do with anime fandom or furries or werewolf fandom either (nothing wrong with any of those!), I've just always wanted a tail! To be able to hang off a ledge and scare people, due to my prehensile monkey tail.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway my apologies, back on topic. Yes. A tailed wolfman. Pretty neat.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

well i think i depends on the way the character is being used the wolf-man is more of a

half and half as the one they use i B movies they try to make it more beast than man

but who knows. i really like the photomorphs they are showing for freeborn they are

how i pictured the werewolves when i was reading the script/screenplay :D
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I'd love to tell you all sorts of cool effects we'll have - but the truth is that we're not there yet. Won't be til we have the money to try some fancy stuff out. (independent fim makers have to ba patient lot)

There are some cool ideas, though. We've got, in my opinion, the best group for the job in the world. Artists that are know experts, well awarded, well seasoned experts, who love the concept of werewolves. And want ours to be the next step in the special effect evolution.

I know it's going to be a more natural approach than a lot of what has been out there. Our guys aren't monsters. They're people. They're not fairies or demons that change in a puff of smoke. They're people who change into forms that are a gestalt, but realistic, blend of both (or one side or the other). They WILL have tails, cause the Pack wants tails (I'm happy about that. I'm a fan of 'em myself.)

They be blood dripping, eight inch talon, ceiling dancing, 12 ft. tall guys that can throw trains and surf on space shuttles. That's what the Justice League and X-Men are for. But they'll be pretty spiffy just the same.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

... please tell me there's a missing "won't" in that last paragraph... :wink:
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

They can't surf on space shuttles???? I am SOOOOOO not watching Freeborn now :P
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Doruk Golcu wrote:They can't surf on space shuttles???? I am SOOOOOO not watching Freeborn now :P
/signed

I need to see impossible feats that both wolf nor man can accomplish! However! If you combine the two, they can suddenly walk on ceilings and have the strength of 30 gorillas. You know, realistic stuff.

:P
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I can go with having no cieling dancing, that's just silly. I mean....dancing werewolves?...
But everyone knows that there's nothing a werewolf enjoys more, than a bit of the old 'Train Throwing':lol: I personally would find this omission almost as unsettling and dissappointing as if you were to have them transform with anything other than a 'Majic Rainbow'! :lol: :sickpup:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."