2 legs and/or 4?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Tamier

2 legs and/or 4?

Post by Tamier »

If a werewolf can change from man to a wolf, then it already goes from two to four legs. If it can, with experience, control its transformations, then it follows that it could choose to go on 2 or 4 legs.

How's that for a little dog logic?
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Post by Silverwolfman »

well why not have both? i mean they shift yes but also think about it like in the lycans in underworld they can run on the walls on all fours and sometimes run on all fours but they stalk and walk on 2. so they should have both.
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Silverwolfman's on the right track. If they go on two legs and four, they'll have a mentality that works both ways and be able to choose whichever they are more comfortable with.

The middle ground would be a sort of gorilla-like knuckle walk, for lack of a better word. I think they'd be capable of running on two legs, but would find they could cover more ground on all fours and drop down whenever they need to.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

both :)
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

well, i agree on both, but a way itt could be done if the shift to four legged wolves is to control the shift (after learning ofcourse) so i agree with Tamier. but i would prefer both :wink:
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Post by Silverwolfman »

sweet wolfman takes another. man i am good. knuckle gorilla run ha? interesting. it could work for a wolf. and yes i bet if they had good control over the shift htey could get both 2 and 4 legs.
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

If in gestalt form, yeah, I think they could move around either way. If they want to move faster, they'd drop to all fours and go (though not knuckle walking....leave that to the weregorillas :P ) If they wanted to blend in or where planning to be running for a good while, I'd think a WW would just shift to full wolf form. Faster and more agile that way :D
Newbie were's may tend to walk exclusivly on there two feet in gestalt form...wouldnt be used to/comfortable with walking on all fours yet. Though I'd think they would soon get that 4 legs are much faster than just two :D
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Actually, even humas can climb slopes faster in quadrigrade locomotion.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

RedEye wrote:Actually, even humas can climb slopes faster in quadrigrade locomotion.
Heh, true...thats my prefered method of going up stairs :wink: Though not many a human does that
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

unless they're either psychotic or thinking they're wolves of course. but anyways, if the were does have good control of his shift i do believe he can do both 2 and 4 legs. depending on what he likes most of course.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Just the same as humans can walk on all 4 (although I presume that a werewolf can do this with much less trouble).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

duh!!! humans arent really meant to walk around on all 4's and if they do they must have really messed up legs.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Not really. If you stretch your legs more to the back (kinda cat-like), walking on all 4 is a lot less complex. Still a bit difficult, but if you train a lot you can easily improve.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfsangel »

Silverclaw wrote:
RedEye wrote:Actually, even humas can climb slopes faster in quadrigrade locomotion.
Heh, true...thats my prefered method of going up stairs :wink: Though not many a human does that
thats my way of going upstairs when no one at school is in the halls(i go to a small private school so hardly anyone goes there)
Not really. If you stretch your legs more to the back (kinda cat-like), walking on all 4 is a lot less complex. Still a bit difficult, but if you train a lot you can easily improve
thats how i do it and i can go about three to four miles an hour on all four so its about the same as on two :roll:
come on down!
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

My reply to the question stated:
Why not both? For me, a lycanthrope in Gestalt form walks on two legs, but can go to four to run fast.

And for the discussion that got brought up:
If no one is around, I go up the stairs (or really almost any incline) on all fours. I really don't go on all fours too often, as I'm not sure how good it is for the spine.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Silverclaw wrote:
Haha not true :lol: I do it sometimes, and a lot of my friends do it, ape style, and they aren't werewolf fans and some aren't animal fans or anything. It is easier.

I prefer usually my werewolves to have two forms. Biped and quadruped. Biped is the Gestalt, Quad the full wolf. My Gestalts can go on all fours but they look fairly awkward as their hind legs are quite a lot longer than their arms, like humans, and their tails are very very long, so they'd stream more like a cat's than a wolf's. So I guess both, I dunno :P

I think if a Gestalt was only two legged though, it'd be a little awkward, although they do run fast on fours and two.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfsangel »

come on down!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yes. One word: training. :)
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

when I was younger I would pretend I was a dog, and I could run on all fours. and even now if I try hard enough I can walk on all fours, but my legs don't go side ways, or far to the back, thay go forword. plus, I have long feet so I can walk on my tipy toes with eas wich helps. the only thing that makes it hard is my nack, to walk on fours you have to have a longer then avrege neck. wich I don't have

so I would have to say, it would depend on the werewolf. I do think that thay would be able to walk upright, but to walk on fours would be limeted, depending one how flexible s/he was.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

*nagowteena* wrote:when I was younger I would pretend I was a dog, and I could run on all fours. and even now if I try hard enough I can walk on all fours, but my legs don't go side ways, or far to the back, thay go forword. plus, I have long feet so I can walk on my tipy toes with eas wich helps. the only thing that makes it hard is my nack, to walk on fours you have to have a longer then avrege neck. wich I don't have
Indeed. Unless you wanna watch the floor underneath you all the time. :lol:

It is possible to get it right though, but you have to really throw your head back wich, like you said, needs a flexible neck.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

Morkulv wrote:
*nagowteena* wrote:when I was younger I would pretend I was a dog, and I could run on all fours. and even now if I try hard enough I can walk on all fours, but my legs don't go side ways, or far to the back, thay go forword. plus, I have long feet so I can walk on my tipy toes with eas wich helps. the only thing that makes it hard is my nack, to walk on fours you have to have a longer then avrege neck. wich I don't have
Indeed. Unless you wanna watch the floor underneath you all the time. :lol:

It is possible to get it right though, but you have to really throw your head back wich, like you said, needs a flexible neck.

yes, very true! and as for me, I'm a very flexible person, always have been.

but what do you think the pore werewolves with short necks would do?

I think thay would have to walk on twos.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

Yep, same here.
Image Image
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

well,
I think that if a werewolve can be able to have a choice of having 2 or 4 legs then I say let them have both 2 and 4 legs so that way when running they run on 4s but when walking or stalking they are on 2s. It's like the movie Van Helsing basically
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!