Fur Color

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Fur Color

Post by Ochiba »

Is the fur coloring going to be similar to the shade of the persons hair? The natural color of course. Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't see a post like it.
EX:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I don't see why not.

Unless the werewolves are green. Image

:o http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 1792#11792 :o
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Seduced by the Dark Side of the Force

Post by Scott Gardener »

That's basically how I pictured it, with some variants. For example, though my own hair is a dark brown, my body hair is black, so I pictured the wolf form of my character patterned after me to have black fur, even though I'm decidedly caucasian.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yeah, same for me. it would probably be a sort of mix. of course- don;t forget highlights. my hair has the wierd quality that if you wet it and smooth in into a spike and hold it under a light just so it turns blood red. it kicks butt. but that might be portrayed in WWolf form too.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

As Figarou already demonstrated, there is already a thread on this, and yes, for the most part, a wolf's fur color will often be like that of their human form.

We have an extensive thread, but not a good visual reference like that.
:D *hugs the blondie wolfie*
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Yeah, the fur color probablly would resemble the human hair color in most cases, or be close to it. Then again, there might be a rare case where the dude with like, black hair turns into a white Werewolf.

Or somethin'
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Yes, the color will be green!

Well it does seem to be popular demand here that the fur color will resemble haircolor, and personally I like it that way too, but playing devils advocate is also fun.

One thing of my long derailed 'Genetic Diversity' topic was the fact that the werewolves are giving each other their DNA to be a werewolf then the genetic diversity wouldn't be to strong. If I were bitten by werewolf that turns into a black wolf, then he is giving me coding for black fur, so would I have brown fur like my hair or black fur? (This could also go with Aki's guy. If that 'dude' were bitten by w white werewolf and obtained coding for white fur, then maybe he would become a white wolf.)

In that discussion we did decide that when you are given the werewolf 'deseise' that your DNA and coding intertwines with the new stuff to create a new pattern. Yet our hair is different from wolve's fur, we do not have any before that transfer of DNA that says 'fur color', and thus the person may end up with the same fur color as the werewolf that bit them, for thats what coding they were given. Unless their was a mutation that caused them to be albino or a strange pattern.

I dont think its likly that a person will have the same furcolor, I just think its fun anyway.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

It would make sence if the fur color stays the same as the human hair color.

hmmmm......When a human gets old, the hair turns white/light grayish. So does that mean he/she will have white/light gray fur as an old werewolf?
Last edited by Figarou on Mon May 30, 2005 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

Yes, thats where we get the normal grey colored wolves :D Maybe as they grow old and mature they become the abundance of gray wolves. (ya know how most wolves are gray anyway)

So the older the werewolf, the more gray the fur will get?
Last edited by Ochiba on Mon May 30, 2005 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ochiba wrote:Yes, thats where we get the normal grey colored wolves :D Maybe as they grow old and mature they become the abundance of gray wolves. (ya know how most wolves are gray anyway)

Oh, so a young human with black hair will be a black fur werewolf. But when he gets old, he'll be a gray werewolf?
Last edited by Figarou on Mon May 30, 2005 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

Yeah, then maybe thats how you could tell the aging in weres. ??

Well maybe not get fully gray but gray with a few of their natural color highlights?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ochiba wrote:Yeah, then maybe thats how you could tell the aging in weres. ??

Well maybe not get fully gray but gray with a few of their natural color highlights?

human skin starts to wrinkle at an old age (along with having gray hair.) So what will happen with the werewolf skin underneath the fur at an old age?

Will the old werewolf be to weak to even shift?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Perhaps Grey would just be a naturally occuring color, that may happen despite the Were's natural hair color.
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

well being werewolf should mean they age much slower then real humans. When in wolf form they may just have different fur color and maybe not able to physically do all the jumps,run, fight, kill etc like they use to. Older real wolves don't get wrinkles. They should still be able to shift as long as they have enough energy to.

Also with humans we can look at someone and can usually guess their age range. When we look at a werewolf in wolf form we should have a quality or feature that can help us guess their age range.
Last edited by Ochiba on Mon May 30, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I'm more than likely wrong on this but here's my 2 cents. Wolves don't go gray all over when they get older, right? I know dogs grey around the muzzle (and paws?), and horses grey in the tail and mane... so wolves would be similar in that they grey around the muzzle, right?

ok.. in that case, my own preference is that an aging werewolf would go grey around the muzzle... but not all around.

oh well, just my own thoughts.

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

Well werewolves arn't all wolf are they? So we need to mix in these qualities with humans too, right? And humans go grey.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote:I'm more than likely wrong on this but here's my 2 cents. Wolves don't go gray all over when they get older, right? I know dogs grey around the muzzle (and paws?), and horses grey in the tail and mane... so wolves would be similar in that they grey around the muzzle, right?

ok.. in that case, my own preference is that an aging werewolf would go grey around the muzzle... but not all around.

~Snowy

You're looking at it from the wolves/dogs point of view. Humans get gray hair all over when getting old. Its starts with the head and works its way towards the rest of the body. (I think)

I'm 37 and I already have some grey hair showing on my head.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Figarou wrote:
SnowWalker wrote:I'm more than likely wrong on this but here's my 2 cents. Wolves don't go gray all over when they get older, right? I know dogs grey around the muzzle (and paws?), and horses grey in the tail and mane... so wolves would be similar in that they grey around the muzzle, right?

~Snowy

You're looking at it from the wolves/dogs point of view. Humans get gray hair all over when getting old. Its starts with the head and works its way towards the rest of the body. (I think)

I'm 37 and I already have some grey hair showing on my head.
Perhaps I like to look at it from the Wolf point of view, eh?!?!?!?!

well, duh, I know we get gray all over (hell I found a few gray hairs at 19! I haven't found any more since then, though). I have a friend who is 19 and he says his true hair colour is salt&pepper. I still don't think a werewolf should grey all over though! That's my two cent!

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

We never said all over. Just get more gray fur as ages.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote:
Perhaps I like to look at it from the Wolf point of view, eh?!?!?!?!

~Snowy
Oh, ok. :D
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Ochiba wrote:We never said all over. Just get more gray fur as ages.
Well, that I could deal with (well, not that it's my choice or anything). I can see a few patches of grey and grey tipping here and there... but a whole gray wolf? nah, couldn't see it as being from aging.

~Snowy

Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

Like I said before werewolves arnt real wolves so therefore a gray werewolf could mean its aging. Theres gotta be differences from real wolves and werewolves? hwlwnk
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Ochiba wrote:Like I said before werewolves arnt real wolves so therefore a gray werewolf could mean its aging. Theres gotta be differences from real wolves and werewolves? hwlwnk
uhm, wouldn't it just look like a gray wolf then?!

~Snowy

Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

Well besides being larger and other pin points, yes the fur color would possibly look like a normal gray wolf (with some differences) Humans wouldn't know the difference anyway. But the weres sure would.
Rooster Urlakane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rooster Urlakane »

I pretty much agree, except for one thing, a hybrid form what would that be like?
It's a mix between wolf and human forms so how would that play in?
bombs and more,
lets hit the floor.
sleep deprived and betrayed
lets be very...very...afraid.