Werewolf Babies?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
king2wolves
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolf Babies?

Post by king2wolves »

Everyone talks about how a full grown adult or teen werewolves should look like, but what about newborn werewolf babies? Should they have hair when they are born or look like a howling type werewolf baby or a wolfboy, etc?
:pupmale: :pupmale: :pupmale:

Oh, on a side note are there going to be werewolf babies in Freeborn?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

They should be born in a egg.

:roll:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I think (and I may be wrong) that a lot of people think they should be born normal humans...so the mother can actually go to a hospital...then later they gain the ability to shift.

But, man, wouldnt that suck? Being in a family of werewolves and still being too young to change? :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

(Oh yeah.
Baby werewolves i would think would have the ability to change, but only when there are those it can trust around. (In other words, a natural reflex to allow a human appearance when around humans, that ends when it comes into the home. Plus, oh god i can't believe I'm about to say this but..., just imagine how cute they would be. {Shifts to wolf form. lies down and covers head with paws})
In other words, they can shift, but they shift to human form when in the presence of humans. I think they'd be sitting ducks otherwise.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

The mother would be best off giving birth in her Wulf form, just from watching a dog give birth to puppies you can see that there is a lot less difficulty involved than even an "easy" human birth.

Would the baby be able to Shift? I suspect that uncontrolled shifting might happen (like growing fur when said infant got cold) but there isn't a lot of extra energy available at that time of life for such activities.

I still hold out for puberty-triggered Controlled Shifting, though. Remember, at that time, the nymph-human is changing to its adult form; and controlled shifts are more adult-seeming than childlike.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
pandawolf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by pandawolf »

Will i can understand why the mother wont be able to shift after 2 weeks, hormones i think, but i think the baby transforming would be completlety depends if change is voluntary or involuntary
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

An EGG! HAHAHA!

dunno why i find that hilarious
bar1scorpio
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Sierra Mist Abuser

Post by bar1scorpio »

MattSullivan wrote:An EGG! HAHAHA!

dunno why i find that hilarious
Because of Mork & Mindy.

Well, they might be born either way, dependent on the phase of the moon in relation to the birthing. Thing is, if you're dealing with social lycanthropes, here might be werewolf midwives or even medical professionals to handle the problems. Or a female wolf might just be expected to 'tough it out'.
"TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!" - Robert Heinlein

"The World Will Be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

We haven't discussed what werewolf pups would look like, but we have had threads debating whether or not werewolves could even have pups and didn't come to any concrete conclusions. The argument against it was that, since the first shift can be incredibly painful, maybe even fatal, to an adult human being, it would be unreasonable to assume that a newborn could handle the shift.

Besides, can you say "Fangface?"
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Terastas wrote:We haven't discussed what werewolf pups would look like, but we have had threads debating whether or not werewolves could even have pups and didn't come to any concrete conclusions. The argument against it was that, since the first shift can be incredibly painful, maybe even fatal, to an adult human being, it would be unreasonable to assume that a newborn could handle the shift.

Besides, can you say "Fangface?"
(FangFace.... :D
Okay, now, with what the human and i have been saying is based on our idea that werewolves don't feel pain, that the shift is not as hard or horrible as the movies make it sound, and that it's alot easier to do.
Okay, here's my problem with the whole "Shift is painful thing": you're saying it's poossibly fatal to an adult werewolf if they do it, right? Then werewolves wouldn't shift at all. If they're hiding, then their numbers can't be that big, and it would take too much to shift anyway. Pain and the energy to shift would leave the werewolf a sitting duck until they oculd recover from it. They couldn't do it while running, and if it's adrenaline induced... Gun plus werewolf's head equals SPLAT. We wouldn't have werewolves, because they would never change. it would just be too difficult, and too dangerous to do that, and eventually, it's possible they may even lose the ability all together. How do we know therians aren't a result of such a thing occuring?
And about the birthing: Also our idea that werewolves give birth in their werewolf form. Given, his story has a lot of creatures that shouldn't be compatable are, so...
Anyway, that's where we're coming from.)
Hopefully, we didn't tick anyone off.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I think the child's form depends what form the mother is in when the the child is conceived.

And i'm a supporter of cannot TF until puberty theory. :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I support the idea that the baby is born human.

While the mother is pregnant, she can't shift, that would scientifically kill the baby so I guess the baby is also born in his human shape, meaning they can go as normal people to an hospital and have their baby born there , tough, f they are those tree hugging werewolves, they may just go and have their baby on the wild. yeah. :D
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Here's another argument for Were-babies being born Smooth and not Wulfen: Diapers don't come with tail-holes. If they did-they'd leak.

Yuck. :roll:
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

i support the puberty idea, but i do think a tiny little gestalt baby would be cute as all hell.

the reason i think weres should be born human is because in my stories, true-born ww's usually have human mothers. female weres miscarry alot when they do get preggers because the full moon triggers a shift, and that kills the fetus. the weres that do carry to full term have to a) copulate and stay in gestalt so there are no shifts during the pregnancy, or b) be one of the few weres that can refrain from shifting with the full moon. weres truly devoted to having children will take option "a" and then the were-baby is born a fuzzy gestalt cub.

thats my opinion, if anyone cares. :)

edit: babies born gestalt grow up that way until puberty then can shift human, so it works both ways (this causes problems as they dont mix with human culture until they're 16, and though they may hear ppl speaking, they cant actually speak themselves until they shift to human)
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
Nomuh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Nomuh »

Here's an interesting idea: What if pregnant werewolves still had the ability to shift, and it wasn't triggered by the moon. That would mean it was their choice alone whatever they wanted to shift doing the pregnancy or not.

It would be like drinking or smoking while pregnant. The mother would know it was bad for the baby, but she just really wanted to shift. The other wolves would tell her, “What are you doing!? You can't shift now! You're hurting the baby!”

So a pregnant werewolf who shifted would forever be seen as a bad mother, no matter how the child turned out.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I'm still trying to figure out how shifting would hurt the foetus. Unless the internal organs also change during the shift, there would be little risk until the last part of gestation.

And remember; Werewolves are tough! Even though the baby might be Smooth until puberty, there's no reason for it not to have the same sort of resilience posessed by any other Werewolf. I suspect that, just like Smooth infants, the newborn might not have the strongest immune system and repair cells for the first few days/weeks-remember; Mama is a Werewolf now*, and her newborn would inherit that basic set of strengths.

*She might not have been Were' when the baby was concieved; but she'd have Crossed as a result of the getting pregnant; almost certainly.
Nomuh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Nomuh »

Hmmm, I just had another idea: what if the baby only becomes a werewolf if the mother shifts doing the pregnancy?
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I want a pet were-pup. :lol:
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.

Post by WereWolfBoy »

MoonKit wrote:I think (and I may be wrong) that a lot of people think they should be born normal humans...so the mother can actually go to a hospital...then later they gain the ability to shift.

But, man, wouldnt that suck? Being in a family of werewolves and still being too young to change? :lol:

yeah that would really suck lol
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

lol
WWB, your av cracks me up. :lol:
All those cool werewolves and then a random anthro raccoon.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Nah, I dont think changing would hurt the baby. Everything else can just shift around it. And most people agree on werewolf wolf forms being bigger then actual wolves, so there's plenty of room for a baby!

Now if its comfortable...thats another story. But from what I hear not much is comfortable for pregnant women in the later months. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Look, the foetus is inside a liquid filled baloon, inside the very muscular womb, nestled down on the pelvis.
Pretty secure position, if you ask me. Even if the pelvis morphs, there is still plenty of room...

With my Were's in the "Wulfen" series; the foetus-sorry; fetus ( I just got corrected) stays small for the majority of its incubation, then in the last two weeks starts to grow to normal size, reaching it within a day of delivery. In fact; it's the size that triggers the delivery. That's a little "borrow" from Wolf reproduction, btw.

As for the ever-controversial "First Shift"- it happens at puberty in the story and is a mark of coming adulthood. The children have time to grow as People before having to handle the added responsibility of getting all fuzzy and toothy. Really; the thought of an eight-year-old who is able to shift-but not doing so to "wow" his friends-stretches even fantasy a bit too far. Besides: shifting is energy intensive, and most children are already using every bit of 'oomph' they have, just growing.

Mind you- this is all opinion on my part...
yeah.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

PariahPoet wrote:I want a pet were-pup. :lol:
(Okay. Try getting it away from it's mother, Pariah. :evil: )
He's got a point. Mothers would more than likely rip someone's head off if they came near the babies.
( Yeah, but i was just kidding. Besides, a "pet'? wolf pup wouldn't be one for very long, and it would still be a baby, so... you'd be a mother in no time. :D Tell them about our little idea for the kids.)
Oh, you mean about how their brains develop at a different rate than their bodies?
(yeah, so that a six month old werewolf would be about the maturity of, hmmm, we were saying seven year old, but... anyway, that would solve some problems.)
And that stupid idea of ours: The kids don't get tails until after they're potty trained.
(That wouldn't work. Besides, i still think the idea of wolf pups can work, if you do it right. You've got a lot of little details to work out, (If Figarou says i made a pun with that last word... never mind. He will if he will, he won't if he won't.) but i think you should stick to the main story, and work out those little things after. Anyway, i think that would make since. Humans are born with bigger brains, and the ability to learn more, but have lost the ability to grow quickly. So, if we have the human ability to learn more, but takes time to grow,)
And the ability for them to mature at a faster rate, mentally, while they grow,
(It should work. RedEye, what do you think? Are we way off here, or, close enough people would buy it?)
...And not return it. There i said it.
(Oh, god that's worse than Figarou.)
I know, i know.
( :lol: )
V, from V for Vendetta.