How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would you?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
User avatar
RedEye
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3400
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:45 pm
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Gender: Male
Mood: Meh...
Location: Somewhere between here and Wolf Bend, Montana.
Contact:

Post by RedEye »

One thing to be certain of: don't tell anyone you wouldn't trust with pointing a loaded pistol at your head with the safety off...

'Cause that's exactly what you'd be doing. Are there people you could trust that deeply? :?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

telling someone that you are WW is hard because you dont know how will he/she react to this.I will be talking about WWs that have clear mind when changed

three ways of telling

1.)most unsafe and unsmart:
As others have mentioned you cant youst tell him ˝check this out˝ and change because there is 99% chance they would run away and dont want to be with you but that 1% is if they are like us(PACK members or crazy about WWs) they will stay around because there will be inner fight between fear and curiosity.
So is like gambling

2.)safest and how would i do it:
You need to start SLOW and with movies and conversations about WWs so that you see his/her opinion about them so if they think they are bloodthirsty monsters try too convince them they arent but if they think they arent you can advance to next stage with question˝do you think werewolfs could really exist?˝answer NO will be most comon answer YES you will get from fans.
Next you will have to give them hard evidence best would be partial change of your hand so they will belive you they could:
-run away
-ask for explonation
-ask you too show your changed form
-pass out
-ask alot of questions
-do reality checks(i would)
so if you prepared them they probably will stick around but dont expect that everything will return too normal soon they will need time and be prepared for questions and ask them to keep it secret.

3.)you have no choice aka dangerus situation that require your strongest form

there you have no choice you had to change too protect them so you actualy doing similar than option 1 aka gambling.after the danger is away change back and see if they are still around:
-if they are approach them slowly if they are moving away from you stop and try too calm them down someones will approach you willingly because they deply trust you and arent afraid of you.
-if they run away try calling them and you need too find them they could be in danger but DO NOT APPROACH THEM they will run away because they are scared try too calm them down if this do not work give them time too collect themself then try again if its not working you will probably need new friends.

if somebody told me hes WW i would think hes been drinking but i will lisen too him then ask him if hes dangerus if he says NO i will ask him too prove hes WW and when he show me i would do reality checks then i would ask him too change back and asure him i wont talk but he could ask question would you wana be WW?i will ask him some questions and depends on his answers i will made decision.

lp:lovec1990
Last edited by Volkodlak on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 643
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:47 pm
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Gender: Male
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy
Location: Deep in the forest shrouded by shadows
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by silver1 »

Me? I would slowly build up to it and then once i knew they were ready to see the wolfie side of me, i would transform and show them that i'm still me and that there is nothing to be afraid of. Hopefully they would stay and not run away in terror.

If someone told me they were a werewolf i would ask them to show me and if they really were i would ask then to change me.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1

User avatar
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Gender: Male
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Meeper »

Years ago I'd have said I'd keep the secret to the bitter end, which basically means getting inescapably caught. But, that was years ago, when I could get away with that kind of attitude, trouble is it can become a trap, cutting people off from you, one that I might feel the desire to get out of.

I don't know how I'd lead up to it, but one thing I'm sure of is that I wouldn't use the word "werewolf", or "lycanthrope", or make any kind of a comparison in any way shape or form to any existing body of knowledge on the matter.

Probably I'd present what it is, as is, THIS is your old friend, I'm right here, and I'm different...this way, in the same way I'd introduce people to any other weirdness, like my inexplicable fascination with crafting knives (I just like to make them, they're beautiful to me), or having 20" biceps (or in this case, being a werewolf) doesn't mean I'm destined to become your pet bodyguard, to be accepted at face value, no more, no less. Only after I had given blunt and simple presentation of such a reality, and brow beaten the handles my intended trustee would attempt to place on it, would I go on to crack cheesy werewolf jokes and making comparisons and such. The bottom line, I'm not a werewolf, ok? I'm just another expression of life.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

Meeper wrote:Years ago I'd have said I'd keep the secret to the bitter end, which basically means getting inescapably caught. But, that was years ago, when I could get away with that kind of attitude, trouble is it can become a trap, cutting people off from you, one that I might feel the desire to get out of.

I don't know how I'd lead up to it, but one thing I'm sure of is that I wouldn't use the word "werewolf", or "lycanthrope", or make any kind of a comparison in any way shape or form to any existing body of knowledge on the matter.

Probably I'd present what it is, as is, THIS is your old friend, I'm right here, and I'm different...this way, in the same way I'd introduce people to any other weirdness, like my inexplicable fascination with crafting knives (I just like to make them, they're beautiful to me), or having 20" biceps (or in this case, being a werewolf) doesn't mean I'm destined to become your pet bodyguard, to be accepted at face value, no more, no less. Only after I had given blunt and simple presentation of such a reality, and brow beaten the handles my intended trustee would attempt to place on it, would I go on to crack cheesy werewolf jokes and making comparisons and such. The bottom line, I'm not a werewolf, ok? I'm just another expression of life.

The Meeper.
good idea but alittle quick to reaveal your WW side dont you think?
Image

User avatar
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Gender: Male
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Meeper »

Spending time to "soften people up" is a double edged sword, to some, myself included, it smacks of grooming, if someone did that to me I think I'd be annoyed and tell them off for it. Besides, in the context of having my hand forced as seems to be implied by the opening post (if I read it right), I doubt any kind of grooming will be of particular benefit, not for this kind of thing, I think making a compelling case with respect of whatever contexts/circumstances are in place trumps mental conditioning over time, you never know how people will react, even if they suspect you for years, when you do finally explicitly put it under their nose and they have to inhale the truth, it better not stink.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

User avatar
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 4731
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:36 pm
Gender: Male
Mood: Excited
Location: Rockwall, Texas (and beyond infinity)
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Scott Gardener »

I would tell as few as possible. If I got bit tonight, the only one I'd tell up front would be my wife. As far as everyone else is concerned, I just hate working on full moons, because "full moon shifts really get to me. Uh, let me re-phrase that."
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...

User avatar
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 643
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:47 pm
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Gender: Male
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy
Location: Deep in the forest shrouded by shadows
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by silver1 »

I agree with you, Scott.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

Scott Gardener wrote:I would tell as few as possible. If I got bit tonight, the only one I'd tell up front would be my wife. As far as everyone else is concerned, I just hate working on full moons, because "full moon shifts really get to me. Uh, let me re-phrase that."
there is another benifit she would not run away and she would help you with your fury side
Image

User avatar
outwarddoodles
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2670
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:49 am
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by outwarddoodles »

I would definitely stray away from performing a full transformation in front of someone as a way to reveal who/what you are. In fact, I would probably avoid it permanently -- there's no way a transformation could look pretty. If there's any one part in which you are a 'monster', it's when you're twisted, contorted, hairless, and possibly in pain. If you have enough control over your shifts, I think the best route would be subtly shifting a limb (hand, foot, maybe teeth or claws) but I think that would require an exceptional amount of skill for the 'average' werewolf and could possibly be dismissed as an insanely convincing parlor trick.

As for the final form, I would tell whoever to sit in my living room while I go to my room to 'change'. Upon completion, I would likely sidle out of the room on all fours (if bipedal), drooping my head and wagging my sunken tail submissively -- trying to seem as non-threatening as possible. I might lay at their feet or try to lick their legs; anything that makes me as much of a sweet puppy as possible. Chances are I really care about this person, so I wouldn't mind being lavish with the puppy affection. Unless that is I'm revealing myself to someone I'm seeking help from -- in which case I'd keep to the submissive gig.

If someone told me, god knows I'd likely panic upon seeing the final form. After getting over that -- I'd probably play it the same way you'd play someone coming out of the closet to you -- I love you/you're still my friend, you're still the same you, I accept who you are, etc etc

Give it awhile, and then I'd have a 'special favor' to ask of them.
:wink:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

i youst get an idea film your transformation on camera but dont upload it to pc and show him/her so they will know how you look then ask them if you could change
Image

User avatar
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Gender: Male
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:i youst get an idea film your transformation on camera but dont upload it to pc and show him/her so they will know how you look then ask them if you could change
Interesting idea, but depending how a transformation and final form turns out, that can be every bit as freaky as seeing it live, not to mention first class evidence that can be misplaced into wrong hands.

Probably a less stressful exposition would be not the shift/werewolf form itself, but fringe benefits or weaknesses as a way to ease people into what's happening to you. For example, if you can run super fast/do skillful physical maneuvers or such, or have an interesting reaction to silver (I'd still avoid the whole werewolf myth as much as possible). Or maybe you have super fast healing, you could let them see that a graze or a cut is healing quickly over fewer days than expected, or maybe even before their eyes if it's that fast (and no I don't mean willfully harm yourself just to make the point, that would be creepy).

Healing is an interesting one, in my experience as someone with excellent wound healing myself, I find a lot of people think it's cool that I dry up and scab over real fast, particularly nurses treating me after my latest thrilling tale of unceremoniously dismounting my bicycle while going down hill at 25mph and picking a fight with a 15 meter stretch of tarmac *bounce ouch bounce ouch bounce ouch slump frickin!*, a lot of them think I've been sat waiting for 2-3-4 hours, when they arrived at the traffic accident in 15-30-45 minutes, which would be a cool way to start bringing in the realities, without the drama of taking someone to one side and laboriously laying it all down, you could just say "Oh yeah, remember that thing I didn't know how to explain ? Well, this is part of it, and there's other things I've been finding out too".

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

User avatar
outwarddoodles
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2670
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:49 am
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by outwarddoodles »

lovec1990 wrote:i youst get an idea film your transformation on camera but dont upload it to pc and show him/her so they will know how you look then ask them if you could change
Meeper pretty much said it for me, and then more -- I didn't think about the 'evidence' bit!

The point is, a transformation would probably look disgusting. It'd likely be a very personal act, a lot like well...whatever you do in the bathroom. You don't show people videos of that!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."

User avatar
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 643
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:47 pm
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Gender: Male
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy
Location: Deep in the forest shrouded by shadows
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by silver1 »

would definitely stray away from performing a full transformation in front of someone as a way to reveal who/what you are. In fact, I would probably avoid it permanently -- there's no way a transformation could look pretty. If there's any one part in which you are a 'monster', it's when you're twisted, contorted, hairless, and possibly in pain. If you have enough control over your shifts, I think the best route would be subtly shifting a limb (hand, foot, maybe teeth or claws) but I think that would require an exceptional amount of skill for the 'average' werewolf and could possibly be dismissed as an insanely convincing parlor trick.

As for the final form, I would tell whoever to sit in my living room while I go to my room to 'change'. Upon completion, I would likely sidle out of the room on all fours (if bipedal), drooping my head and wagging my sunken tail submissively -- trying to seem as non-threatening as possible. I might lay at their feet or try to lick their legs; anything that makes me as much of a sweet puppy as possible. Chances are I really care about this person, so I wouldn't mind being lavish with the puppy affection. Unless that is I'm revealing myself to someone I'm seeking help from -- in which case I'd keep to the submissive gig.


I totally agree with you on this, Outward. I would do the same thing and hope they wouldn't run away screaming in terror.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

ok, we talked about telling if you have time what if you and loved one are traped in room and your time is runing out fast how would you prepare her/him?
Image

User avatar
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1192
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by ABrownrigg »

"hold our your hand and I'll show you"

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

nice,

i would say something like this: what ever hapens next please dont be afraid
Image

purewhitewolf
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 am
Gender: Female

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by purewhitewolf »

is this real..??????? :? ??

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

purewhitewolf wrote:is this real..??????? :? ??

offtopic:
did you even read whole topic ?

because if you did you would understand whats going on, so for all new ones who dont bother to read whole topic read it so you will understand whats going on

on topic:

abrowning i didnt ask you before but why holding out your hand?
Image

User avatar
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 4731
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:36 pm
Gender: Male
Mood: Excited
Location: Rockwall, Texas (and beyond infinity)
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Scott Gardener »

Purewhitewolf:

No, this isn't real...

Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
Werewolves do not exist. They are just myth and legend. But, if they did exist, they would say:
A fatal exception error occurred in AE 45 72 6B 8C 12 9D, and this thread has to be restarted. Press [CTRL] [ALT] [DEL] to continue...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...

Sevena

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Sevena »

.
Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

sevena your idea with partial shift is good but wouldn't this be hard to do if you screw up you will change fully?

and regarding partial shifts i don't think changing something close to head is good idea, she/he will freak out any way if you change arm, ear or eyes so go with arm.There is this thing about partial shift too it depends how big are you in other form, 5feet to 8feet you can do it but anything above 8feet dont do it.
Image

Sevena

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Sevena »

.
Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:01 pm
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Gender: Male
Mood: Relief
Location: Somewhere...
Contact:

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Depends on a few things, which i bet people have already mentioned:
1. If you're in Control of Shifted form.
2.How much you trust the person you're telling and whether or not they should be trusted.
3. how freaked out they would be {having tranquilizers nearby might be necessary}
4. how disgusting/painful the change would be. {honestly, i don't get this. If we're talking about a naturally evolved creature here, it'd be in the best interest for them not to feel pain etc. while shifting. otherwise, yeah i can see it, but i thought we were trying to move away from the 'curse' angle here? but that's just me...}
5. whether or not telling them puts them in danger.

that's all i can think of. Pretty much right?

As for what i'd do: if everything's right, i'd tell them what i am beforehand, get them to believe me, then shift in front of them... locking the door of course in case they bolt. and in the middle of the country side in case they scream...
... ugh. Yeah i wouldn't say a word if i didn't have to. But i would have to tell my significant other; no real way around that.
But who knows... maybe they'd enjoy a boyfriend/guard dog.

as for real werewolves: doesn't matter if they exist or not; no one would believe it if they did, and those who do are either nuts {as in would hunt them for no reason}, people who believe anything, or people who would help them {or at least not harm them}.
But considering most Myths and Legends and Hollywood has reduced them to being monsters... i doubt anyone would admit it unless they had to.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)

User avatar
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 944
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:05 am
Gender: Male
Mood: Bored
Location: Slovenia

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Volkodlak »

WerewolfKeeper3 you forget to move any dangerus object out of the way in case she/he faint.

we all talked about teling your wife/mom/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/father/ what about telling your children?
Image

Post Reply