How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would you?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would you?

Post by Ceekur »

We already know the main reasons why a werewolf should never tell anyone that he's a werewolf, even the person closest to him. For now, let's forget why it would a real bad idea most of the time.

If it had to be done, how would a werewolf (or yourself, if you were one) break it to others that he/she is a werewolf? If he isn't the kind of werewolf that loses all control in his wolf form, what would he say to reassure them that there's nothing to be afraid of? And as a bonuses, how would you react if someone told you? :lol:
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'd only tell someone deeply trusted. (I know, yadda yadda, we did that part. Now on to the nitty gritty.)

I'd introduce it slowly, first dropping hints that I had a secret, and a very important one. I'd also establish that it's nothing at all like what popular culture thinks it would be like. Then, rather than saying "werewolf," I'd just describe it as an ability to "transform myself a certain way." I would present it as if I were describing something more metaphysical. I might then in full wolf form show up some time and follow the person a few times, to get the person exposed to the idea gradually--let them see a wolf out there, just on the edge of vision and not doing anything too scary. Finally, I'd talk with the person about the wolf sighting, describing what the person was doing when the wolf was around. I'd let them make the connection that the wolf was me. Then, finally, I'd shift just a little. It would be enough to help the person see that werewolves exist without sending them running, screaming.

I feel this is the least unnerving method that comes to mind. There's still a substantial risk of causing fear and apprehension, particularly with the wolf following in the distance. But, I believe the response would be far better than popping into Gestalt form, clobbering the person with duckies, and then asking in yowly, garbled lycanthropese, "What do you think? Cool, huh?"
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

This is very difficult . . . . . ??

The only answer I could give would be that I, myself, would have to be in that position to determine what actions I SHOULD And CAN make and take. You are only as faithful as your options.

As for if someone close to me told me, again I would have to be in that situation, but then again I would be accepting and helpful, as I always am, and be there for that person, especially if that person was close to me, but if it was a stranger and they were truly genuine with me, then i would help them too.

The only hard part would be if I was that situation, but by then it may be too late.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Y' know; I'm sure this has been discussed before, but with the occasional bit of thread drift (I'm being sarcastic here) I really can't find the heading its under. If I do...I'll merge the two threads.

Remember: before you start a thread, make sure that it hasn't already been done (as in READ THE STICKY!). If it has already been started, just post there; it'll move to the front of the listings.

Now, having done the responsible thing: :lol: I respond.

First, it'd depend on the type of Werewolf I turned into. If I were a crazy killing beast from the sewers of Hell...I'd just keep my yap shut.
Mama didn't raise no fools, here.
If, on the other hand I were to turn into a Gestalt/Classic Werewolf, and my mind was still clear--as in I was still myself, just with some new upgrades and such; first, I'd find the Wulf responsible for my suprise canid makeover, and seek that worthy's advice. I suspect that a Smooth wouldn't be Crossed-over unless there were some good reason for it.

How would I tell someone about my "Brand New Fuzzy and Toothy Me"?
Very carefully. First, I'd make sure that disclosure was necessary; there is such a thing as "too much information" involved here.
Next, I'd lead in by asking that person if they thought Werewolves could exist. If the answer were "no" or "Whaaaat?", I'd seriously reconsider telliing them. If the answer was a "yes" or "Maybe", I'd carefully lead them along until THEY asked me if I were a Werewolf. Then I'd answer, "yes;" and show them. They would probably not freak, since they had already prepared themselves for what I had become.
After that...I'd just let things develop. If that person later claimed that I was a Werewolf; I could just play dumb: as in "Do you really think Werewolves could exist?"

Basically, I'd let the other person be the one who felt in charge. That way they'd stay calm.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

Post by Ookami-kun »

Finding the appropriate opportunity is the best way to tell to your loved ones.

Of course, during daytime. XD
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

MrDragon811 wrote:This is very difficult . . . . . ??

The only answer I could give would be that I, myself, would have to be in that position to determine what actions I SHOULD And CAN make and take. You are only as faithful as your options.
Likewise. If I was a werewolf, I wouldn't ever plan on telling anyone about it. I would only talk if I thought someone was close to finding out for themselves anyway, but how much time I would spend easing them into it or how gently I would put it would depend on how close they already were.

I can think of two things I could do right off the top of my head. The first would be a gradual process like Scott suggested and read their reactions as I go along to determine if I should continue or not. I'd start by suggesting that I have a secret, and a motherload of one at that, then gradually work my way up to talking about misconceptions, nature, the supernatural, etc.

The other would be to just blurt out "I'm a werewolf."

There's a scene from the 90's Superman cartoon that comes to mind: Lois asks Clark how he always manages to beat her to the big Superman stories to which he responds by taking off his glasses and saying something along the lines of: "You see, in real life, I am Superman, so after I'm done rescuing you and saving the day, I fly faster than a speeding bullet back to work and type out the full article before you can get back and cover it yourself."

And Lois just glares and brushes it off.

So what I figure is that, if I introduced myself as a werewolf, for most people, that would be a joke. A joke that anyone I would consider trustworthy would go along with and call me a werewolf just as casually. I wouldn't insist "No, I really am a werewolf" or try to prove it somehow -- I'd just say it and drop it. The logic behind this would be to at least subconsciously get them comfortable with the concept of a werewolf -- instead of thinking of a slobbering bloodthirsty monster, they think of me.

What I figure is that, that way, if they ever did suddenly discover that I was a werewolf, instead of something along the lines of "Mother of God, what's happening?!" it would be "Holy crap, you meant it?!"

With the latter, they're more likely to stick around long enough for me to talk them down, or for them to realize that they've known me for X years and never once had anything like in the movies happen.

Convincing them not to talk (seriously) I think would be a lot easier too. After all, since I told them that I was a werewolf and they thought it was all a big joke, how would they expect others to respond if they insisted that someone else was a werewolf? As a rule of thumb, no matter how dumb someone is, he'll always think he's smarter than the average man. As such, I don't think anyone exposed in such a way would make a real effort to convince anyone that werewolves exist. Worst case scenario, they'd tell all their friends that I'm a werewolf the same way that I told them: casually.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

If i had to tell some one, it would be (get ready for the repeats, folks):
1. Someone really important, like my wife or lover... and in my case, maybe my mother.
2. I'd more than likely say one of two things: either "I'm not the violent kind. Think 'Big dog, and you've got it" or "When i change, i want you out of the house and whatever you do, do not come back until the night was over." (as in, it depends on what kind we turn into. And Redeye, if you're with someone, and you're the violent kind, would you really want them to come in while you're changed... and ? In that case, i think it's also necessary for you to tell them to protect them. That, and if someone's after you.)
3. Since they're so close to me, i'd remind them of what happens to most werewolves in the movies (Minus freeborn, possibly)
4. If that's not enough to convince them, there is always the old stand by: "Who'd believe you?"
- (this of course, does not include the classic "Those who us and know we exist." found in most places. Think % and Chocolate", the book.)
and 5. ... i'd probabaly lock myself in a cage and change for them. that is, if i was the good one, to show them i mean them no harm. Otherwise, i'd be chained to the wall and in a cage.
Now, if someone told me about it:
1: I'd say they could trust me. I've seen or heard about enough werewolf movies to know the "Angry Mob" scenario. I'd have to know them pretty well for them to trust me that big a secret, so i'd more or less be the one "Looking for my half wolf dog in the park at night after he/she ran off" person.
2: Think it was freakin' sweeeeet! I mean, i'd actually know a real werewolf. That would rule.
3: If i had to, i'd bite my tongue hard if i was about to say anything, and break my fingers if i was about to write anything. If it was friend, i wouldn't want to lose them. It was my g i r l friend... enough said i think.
Okay, i'm done.
(You sure?)
Yeah
(Really sure?)
yes, and i'm not answering anouther of those questions.
(... positivialy pure?)
{groan}
({Snickers})
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'd only tell someone if it were impossible to keep it from them, like a spouse or intimate girlfriend, as they may contract the condition though sex. I may also reveal it to a few of the Pack members here because some may need and appreciate the reassurance that werewolves are real.

The only way to reveal a secret like being a werewolf is to shift in front of them. Nothing less would make them beleive you.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Kaebora wrote:The only way to reveal a secret like being a werewolf is to shift in front of them. Nothing less would make them beleive you.
Warning here: for no real reason- Make sure you're wearing sweats or something like them...as in stretchy for the top, and already streched for the pants.

It's rather embarassing to wreck your shirt and drop your pants around your ankles as you shift.

Nuf' said. :wink:
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

Well, I might not really tell them, but if I had to I would. They might not believe you at first, so you would actually have to prove to them that you are a werewolf. So maybe you could like change your hand part way or show them that you can change. The part about it, would be afterwards when they are still in disbelief and are really scared of you then. And never want you to come near them ever again. Unless they were a werewolf themselves.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

I admit I do seem to remember reading a topic similar to this back before I made an account here. The sticky doesn't list discussed topics and I did do a search on "wolf" and "tell", which turned up nothing related. If nothing comes up after searching, there's nothing else I can really do.

As for a delayed reply to my own topic, I would do my best to only tell those I have to, such as a spouse. I may start by saying I have a minor interest in werewolves (though she may already know that much if we were married) and propose the idea of good werewolves and see how she responds to that. I'll probably show her Freeborn :lol: , which I'd think illustrates our current situation quite well, and some other good werewolf movies.

Beyond this point, shifting may be the only effective next step, though simply shifting right in front of her would send her screaming from the room no matter how you prepared her beforehand. If it's possible to talk in werewolf form, one of the best ways to ease her into the truth, in my opinion, would be to go on an outing on a clear starry night. I'd say I forgot something and that I'd be right back. I would shift out of sight and earshot and come back in a cloak and sit in the shadows. I would try to start some small talk and pleasant conversation.

After a while, I'd get back onto the subject of weres and ask what she would think if someone very close to her was one. If she slowly notices the changed form, keeping in mind that she was just talking to the creature, it shouldn't be as great a shock as seeing the "monster" all at once. And if she does jump back in surprise anyway, it would probably be a good idea to turn and walk back in the shadows for a moment while saying reassuring things. She'll most likely run away if approached, as we've all seen a thousand times in countless shows. :P

RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Hmmm... you could always "flash" them... :lol:
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

What, like moon them? ??

Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I would do the secret hand-shake.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

You defiantly have to start out by showing them that you're interested in werewolves. Then maybe as time progresses, you can have conversations with them about werewolf myths and what you really believe about them. Maybe have them read a story or two about peaceful werewolves. Then you teasingly tell them that you are one. This works better with people who like the supernatural because then they get to pretend that they're something cool too.

Then you have to eventually show them. :wink:

And if you're a girl...you can be flirty about it and the boy will start thinking of werewolves as attractive and feral instead of monsters. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

MoonKit wrote:You defiantly have to start out by showing them that you're interested in werewolves. Then maybe as time progresses, you can have conversations with them about werewolf myths and what you really believe about them. Maybe have them read a story or two about peaceful werewolves. Then you teasingly tell them that you are one. This works better with people who like the supernatural because then they get to pretend that they're something cool too.

Then you have to eventually show them. :wink:

And if you're a girl...you can be flirty about it and the boy will start thinking of werewolves as attractive and feral instead of monsters. :lol:
(Have you thought about this before, MoonKit?)
I have too, about that last one. One else do you think i made a female human fall in love with a male werewolf?
:D
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

Well i think that telling someone close to you wouldnt be too bad, you have to EASE INTO IT!!!! if werewolves existed you have to assume that trouble follows them around like a magnet. i mean if u got ww's then inevitably you got preachy ww hunters, not to mention other supernatural thing-amajigs. so what you do is get your loved one into one of your life threatening situations, and let them figure it out for themselves. (hmm i said ease into it, now im talkin about mortal danger. not really on track today)

ok hows this, just shift. then act like a cute puppy-dog. lick there faces, roll around, act completely friendly.
ok im done, ive been up four 36 hours. im done.
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
nightwolf112

hey

Post by nightwolf112 »

that would be nice, helping those that need your help, but sometimes if they just ask you to help them, you just become dorky about it and ignore them, but others like me, i search for a long time and it led me to you guys and i would like to become anyones friend, that is if they want it, all i come here for is help and i need someone to help me as i am only a mere human, so can you please help me if you can e-mail me at pizzaman617@yahoo.com or add me onto yahoo instant messenger alright thanks to whoever will come to my aid godbless you for that
justin fairweather
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Re: hey

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

nightwolf112 wrote:that would be nice, helping those that need your help, but sometimes if they just ask you to help them, you just become dicks about it and ignore them, but others like me, i search for a long time and it led me to you guys and i would like to become anyones friend, that is if they want it, all i come here for is help and i need someone to help me as i am only a mere human, so can you please help me if you can e-mail me at pizzaman617@yahoo.com or add me onto yahoo instant messenger alright thanks to whoever will come to my aid god bless you for that
Hey, whats up little buddy? you really shouldn't post this in this section, put it in your introduction or the confidential section. :)

Ok, well if i were a Werewolf, gosh not too sure. My family is so open that if i did exposed myself to them that it would be as exciteing as finishing building our back deck, confused that it just happened and happy that it's not a dream. :lol:
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Jerry Springer...
Last edited by alphanubilus on Fri May 16, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightwolf112

hey

Post by nightwolf112 »

hey whats up, well sorry if i did put it up in the wrong post, i just maybe wanted to be heard, but that probably never going to happen, but at least i tried
justin fairweather
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Re: hey

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

nightwolf112 wrote:hey whats up, well sorry if i did put it up in the wrong post, i just maybe wanted to be heard, but that probably never going to happen, but at least i tried
Never say never, and please if your looking for a place to be heard, then express yourself in the general section by starting your own topic, i'm sure you'll get hits once it's been up for a bit.

Sorry everyone, i know this is a way to get derailed. :(
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

blood sample...

Post by Distorted Realism »

.. one ide ask them to... umm yeah this will kinda sound wierd but... uum ask for a bit of there blood then get a cheap microscope.. if they exist ... and compare my blood to his to see if i can find a difference... if not.. back to my bros biology books :read2: ... uggh again... then ask if i could see them transform ...
then ask them to make me one possilbly... 0god i shoulf get my own books... i am recorcful i guess but im very lazy... and not all that good in perspective...
:cry:
ugh i should probably go to bed ... starting to hallucinate due to sleep deprivation... :pupduckling:
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

BONUS!!!

Well, I'd do something like this :blink: and :jawdrop: and I'd freak out depending on the kind of werewolf man eater-panic non-man eating- have a hyper rant
punxnotdead
Legendary
Legendary

Post by punxnotdead »

I would, personally, tell someone I knew would not tell others...someone I deeply trusted.
I would make it progressive and slow - not abrupt. If it's abrupt, things will just go downhill fast. Ask them several questions to ensure whether they're ready to know, and how they feel about the subject before you initially tell them.
Smallville fan!