How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would you?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Florelline
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would

Post by Florelline »

Hm. In my situation, I wouldn't tell my parents. They'd only find out if it was a life-or-death situation, like in movies, ya know? I don't think they'd take it well, and that's of course if they believed me. Which, they wouldn't. If I were to tell anyone, I'd likely tell my best friends. They already know I'm obsessed as it is, and know I wouldn't joke about stuff like this. Thus, they'd be more likely to believe me. Dunno how they'd react to the idea of knowing that if werewolves are real, what about everything else? *shrug*

This thread has been interesting in giving me thoughts on how to explain this topic in my own writing. :D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

werewolf would be worried sick about reaction of loved ones on his condition you know is nothing worse than loved ones rejecting you or trying too kill you.

And i think if you become werewolf and you and your better half try for baby she should know because child could be human or werewolf.
Faelan
Custom Title: Little wolf
Additional Details: Have many pets, does a lot of charity work
Mood: Happy

Post by Faelan »

I would probably just show them. Anyone who truly cares about me will still care about me after. Albeit they may be a bit freaked out but if they really care, they won't mind eventually
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

Faelan wrote:I would probably just show them. Anyone who truly cares about me will still care about me after. Albeit they may be a bit freaked out but if they really care, they won't mind eventually
if you dont ease them into what you are, they will freak out and probably run away from you.
Drachona
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would you?

Post by Drachona »

Why would it be a really bad idea? Honestly, there are countless people out there who don't care, and many people who are fully accepting of it. It's not as big of a problem as people suggest it is. Yes, back in the day, if anyone even hinted at being a werewolf, you could be killed because the people in power were driven by their ideology to cleanse anything and anyone that did not conform to Judeo-Christian beliefs (not trying to step on anyone's religion, just pointing out the facts of history). But things are way different today. Suggesting that you are a werewolf is much more likely to get you laughed at than anything else. And, again, there are people who are open-minded about it. I have few friends who I trusted to tell, but when I was getting my Bachelor's, I found a Pagan group on campus who, over time, came to fully accept me as who and what I am. I even did a presentation for them about the facts versus the b.s. on the subject of werewolves. I'll admit telling someone is very difficult, mostly because you are afraid of how they will react. Most likely, they will think you're lying or crazy. If you prove it to them, they are always silent; not sure how to process it, but I've never had someone pull a torch and a pitchfork from thin air and say "Kill the werewolf!" Now more than ever is an excellent time for werewolves to seek acceptance within humanity. We already live with humans everyday, so it's not like it doesn't work.

I remember when I told my mom. She was hesitant at first. I know that she thought it was a phase, but then she started telling me about how different I seemed as a child. The sounds I made when I slept, the fact that I always tried to run outside naked, and the fact that I hated wearing diapers and (not so strangely) did not want to go near a toilet. She also said that, from the very first time she clipped my nails, I "screamed bloody murder" and tried to get away. It's a bit embarrassing to say that she had to hold my hands and clip my nails until I was at least 10. So, essentially, she had no problem with accepting the idea. Now it's just a normal part of my life. I didn't tell my dad. He didn't find out until my mom told him, and man was that awkward. We talked about it for a bit, but then we went for a while without saying anything about it. Not long after that, I talked to him about it and found out that he thought I believed that I would run outside on full moon nights and kill people. That was actually a relief. He was just concerned that I believed the Hollywood b.s., so I explained it to him. We still don't talk about it much, but someday I might bring to his attention the way he acts. I'll never forget the time we hung out and we got out of his vehicle. There was an odd smell around and he pointed it out, so we both started sniffing it out until we were both on all fours sniffing under the Jeep. When I stopped and realized what we were doing, I tried not to laugh.
Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Re: How would a werewolf tell others he's a were? How would you?

Post by Kveldulf »

Very, very carefully...

Seriously, assuming that I retained full (or at least good) control of my actions in wolf-form, I think I would kind of prepare the (prospective spouse, closest best buddy, whoever) by letting them meet me as a wolf a few times first and get comfortable around the large, furry, but clearly well-trained, friendly, and not-at-all-dangerous-to-them creature. Because, love me, love my wolf. I think, or at least would hope, that doing so would way reduce the chances of them screaming and freaking out when I told them in so many words...and they said, "yeah, sure, right, prove it"...and I did. I suspect most people would respond better to a transformation into an animal whose ears they had already scratched or whatever than to a transformation into a strange large predator.

Of course, if I were one of those unfortunates with no control and a great need to hunt, the whole situation would take a lot more trust and effort on both parts, involving, at the least, elaborate safety measures for observing the transformation, and my belief that the person in question had both the loyalty and the courage to help me manage the condition as needed.