Public reaction to a permanent Werewolf?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

well i guess it would depend on the croud that he/she was exposed to. but just to answer i'd say that there would be many scared parents trying to find something wrong with the creature in question, even if the said creature hasn't made any reason to be feared. :|
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: You mess with one wolf, you mess with the pack.
Location: MN, USA...Actually, standing outside your window...watching...waiting...Get off the internet!

Post by Megs »

:( I is back on topic. I am a very random person. Anywho...As I asked before How would a permanent werewolf show itself to public anyway? There's a bunch of ideas...what are yours?
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Sorry, well if i were to expose myself to smooths i'd first let my friends and family know me as i really am, then open minded people (that is if i can find atleast one in my town) that would try to understand that there is more than just hairless cats in the world, finally head straight to the top network news stations and show the world that difference is good by useing my now media statis to help out organizations that today are haveing trouble supporting their cause. :D

oops sorry i rambled there a bit. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Megs wrote::( I is back on topic. I am a very random person. Anywho...As I asked before How would a permanent werewolf show itself to public anyway? There's a bunch of ideas...what are yours?
It may lack choice if they want to resume their normal life, not that it would be normal any longer, if they were in a permanently transformed werewolf the they would be discovered at some point. Another thought was lets say a few thousand, up to even a million people over the entire world are not in a permanently transformed form, that would be hard to hide.
Bay-of-sorrows
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: confused Werewolf

Post by Bay-of-sorrows »

one point i would like to bring up is the breeding habbits of human beings, most people in this country are born of two or more races, a male of one family pairing with a female of a completely different family and continuing back along the ancestry as time goes on i think its inevitable that most of the worlds population may have the genetics and even spiritual awareness that are needed to produce a werewolf, in the dark ages werewolves were considered to be very real, even in modern times people have sworn to seeing werewolves, but being human themselves, werewolves would have an ability to guage what a normal humans reaction would be to them, given the reason most encounters last for seconds, werewolves are probably more fearfull of the "normal" people than the normal humans are of the werewolf, within every werewolf there is a human consiousness, along with a few more naturalistic instincts, and also the knowledge of how that would clash with the those who were not of a wolven or other "sub-human" nature, no matter what the form the intellect is the same though it would differ from individuals, a werewolf who kills a normal human is a murderer, a normal human that kills a werewolf is also a murderer, even if they believe they were defending themselves or looking out for the greater good of the people never knowing exactly who he or she just killed, a werewolf would not revert back to human form upon death, with all the bodies functions ceasing it would have nothing to act on, maybe a twitching nerve here and there, but nothing significant enough for the shift back, but the wound or impact would have to be severe enough to kill the werewolf instantly, as with a wounded dear or in my experience a rabbit, even after a fatal wound is struck, the insitincts take over, and what is the first instinct that kicks in during this situation, to run in order to survive, which is probably what a majority of werewolves would do if they themselves discovered the abilities hidden within themselves, let alone if they were discovered by someone else, the chances of meeting someing in full werewolf form sorthing through cantalopes at the local grocery store.. highly unlikely, chances of waking up next to the furball of your dreams, well that depends on the individual and how intuned they are with themselves, most weres shift unconsciously, transforming while their asleep at night, and transforming back just a little while before they wake, some wake up during but simply pass it off as a dream, to shift consciously would take alot of concentration, not to mention pain tolerance, probably by the end of it you would be mighty pissed off, i've never gotten that far, i black out and wake up hours later in some random corner of the house, scared the hell out of my dad and his girlfriend when i was little, they thought i ran away. i have the "beginning" down, but i'm not sure of the next step in the process, the problem being, werewolves just kinda folded in with normal people and are happy living normal lives, with food abound and a well, leasurly if not bland way to carry them into old age, passing along their genetics as they go, those that came before no longer see a need for passing on the abilities, after all, werewolves wouldnt simply exist, werewolves have to exist for a reason, something had to trigger the need to change, some look to invention, some look to instinct, artificial or natural its all in the choices made by our ancestors as well as ourselves, where as we may not be able to be taught by others, that doesnt stop us from learinging on our own, some cant control it, its like a wolf breeding with a dog, the end result is something between demestic and wild, having instincts it cant control, it has no knowledge of what its feeling, most of the natural instinct of the wolf has been bred out of dogs, reintroduce it and you got one confused pup, who chases down and kills small animals, probably not even eating them, just doing it because something triggered the instinct to chase and kill, even with an abundant food source at his disposal, and then you get the retarded dog that chases cars and ends up a hood ornament for a mac truck, if the first werewolf to show his or herself has control, than werewolves should be accepted with little to no incident with the demestic flocks of civilization, if the first werewolf to show themselves is a retarded dog chasing a car, than i'm afraid the trucks will end up being military, something that must be aknowledged, a werewolf who is conscious of themselves, will also be conscious of the spiritual awareness it brings, able to sense how someone is feeling by looking into their eyes, even manipulating it, as you know a dog can sense fear, and even excite that fear with just a snarle bark or growl, werewolves abilities are far greater than that of a dog, as my mother learned a few years back when one stopped her on the road, the fear paralyzed her, a werewolf in control will sense the fear, knowing wether or not to try and comfort, or to run away as not to push the issue unless of course they want to invoke fear, its a great way to interigate someone, and most of the time after a day or so later, the person is too afraid to remember and if they do remember they face a visit by the nice men in the clean white coats bringing you your on special jacket, and lets not forget the comfy padded walls of the hotel. ( i've never been there personaly but i hear its nice) a werewolf without control (not to mention having brass balls) entering a populated area in full form, would either feel really lost, threatened, or be as playfull as any half retarded puppy.
If wolves were meant to run free, than why am i caged?
Megs
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: You mess with one wolf, you mess with the pack.
Location: MN, USA...Actually, standing outside your window...watching...waiting...Get off the internet!

Post by Megs »

:? Eh? ??
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

What about pity and sympathy.

A shape changer as sentient as any of us who does NOT have the capability which presumably most of hits kind have, would be, in many respects pitiful.

Now, as specified, STUCK means stuck in an obviously non-human or partly human looking state and yet being in the firm command of his or her intellect.

We have charities.

Once folks began to realize that were's have troubles like anyone else, I think folks might well begin to feel rather sorry for those with an excess amount of such troubles.

People, humans, can be an astonishingly sympathetic and empathic lot.

Imagine being as large as any human being and desperately needing regular application of Bayer Advantage to keep yourself reasonably free of fleas. I hear folks complaining about the cost of that stuff on a regular basis. Imagine getting caught in the rain and smelling like a wet dog. Consider discovering that you are as subject to canine distemper as anyone else. All of these things because you are not able to take advantage of the salutary if painful effects of shifting from time to time.

Or you are a professional welder who gets stuck forever in gestalt form. You try to keep up your trade until one day in the shop, a welding berry leaps out and gets into your fur and suddenly your hair and fur catches on fire.........

Imagine that while you have a human mind, it is functioning in a canine brain ALL of the time. A brain with prewiring and inclinations that are canine in disposition. You get no days off, when your human mind gets to reside in a human brain. Nope, it is stuck in the same OS wetware without relief or dispensation. And then the neighbor's dog goes into season and it drives you nuts.

Being stuck likely could be dealt with. But I think one could presuppose that a were is made and meant to shift, and when it cannot, it has Troubles with a capital T.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Public reaction to a permanent Werewolf?

Post by Volkodlak »

ok first are WWs publicly known or unknown

known: he would be accepted but fiding job will be a little hard

unknown:he will couse panic and could get even shot i dont think they would accept him
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

I would welcome them with open arms and try to keep the "grab your torch and pitchforks!" People away from them.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

silver1 wrote:I would welcome them with open arms and try to keep the "grab your torch and pitchforks!" People away from them.
probably all pack(forum) mambers would do the same but what about non pack members?
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

I think that there would be a mixed reaction.

Those who are fans of werewolves would welcome them along with some who aren't. Some people will most likely fear and hold hatred toward them.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1