Transformation and Privacy?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I've said this before and I'll repeat it here:
Even in the movies, the Werewolf who is shifting is pretty helpless; as in unable to defend him/her self from anything...and being helpless is not a good thing in a Werewolf's life-plan.

It's simple self-preservation.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

sooo true. but what's self-preservations?
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Re: Transformation and Privacy?

Post by Anubis »

Silverclaw wrote:OK, I have no idea if this has been talked about yet. I did a quick search but found nothing. So sorry if this thread has already been done :)

Would werewolves care if they shifted in front of others? Is it something they would rather be alone to do? I was thinking of the book 'Bitten'. The weres in there consider transforming from human-to-wolf to be one of the most private things one can do. To interrupt or watch would be extremely rude/embarrassing.
Of course they wouldn't transform in front of regular humans,(unless they knew their secret and are friends.) Would Packmates separate briefly, shift, and then regroup? Or do you think they would consider it natural and shift in each others presence without another thought?
:shift: :shift: :shift: :femshft :femshft :femshft
In my fiction now dubbed Anubis Rising, formally RABID. (Yeah i'm still working on it.)

Any way in my fiction shape shifting is pretty much regarded as simply as a bodily function, like a sneeze. There isn't really a need for privacy for a transformation. However my werewolves have adopted a sense of decency from humanity (wearing clothes to cover private parts) In order to hid their "giblets" they'll probably do it alone so they can change into something better suited for their other form, or do it in front of some one where hiding their nudity isn't really a concern (like their spouse)
THE GAME

My Armory
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Fyriewolf wrote:sooo true. but what's self-preservations?
Self-Preservation is simply NOT doing things that could get you injured, crippled, killed, or worse. Don't ask about the "worse", you really don't want to know.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

do tell mr. all mighty moderator.
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!